Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

gradenko_2000 posted:

In the back of my mind I knew that silencers don't work that way, but the scene just worked so well.

they weren't TOO far off actually. You can buy suppressors that make the gun about as loud as a loud cough (if you use subsonic ammo) in a crowded subway station it wouldn't be too easy to detect if you didn't know what to listen for.

I mean it's obviously unrealistic to think they'd remain unnoticed in that scene, but technically you could fire off some subsonic suppressed shots and not have it be too much louder than the background noise.

If you notice here, the metal targets being hit are quite a bit louder than the pistol firing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYunc-WmmBs&t=21s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Suppressed shotgun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtIqTfObXIo

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sub sonic ammo still good enough to kill a fool? Cause if so gently caress yeah

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LethalGeek posted:

Sub sonic ammo still good enough to kill a fool? Cause if so gently caress yeah
absolutely yes. subsonic ammo is subsonic largely because it uses a heavier projectile, not because it has a significantly reduced powder charge behind it. it's approximately the same amount of kinetic energy, just slower moving

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
goddamn a lot of knees got wrecked in that movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
John Wick 3 best be "THE WARRIORS" (The Wickiers?)

John, Common and Ruby Rose are all on the run with bounties on their heads and they have to bop their way across America to some "safe zone" and just wreck gangs of wackily themed assassin gangs along the way.

• Locked thread