Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Marya was having none of that poo poo.

update on last page.

cokerpilot fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

dscruffy1 posted:

Also yes I did miss a perfect opportunity to use something. I KNOW.
Go back and FINISH IT RIGHTLY!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There's an achievement for it and everything :downs:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I don't know what everyone is talking about. What did he miss?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cooking everyone's favourite spider lady with the flamethrower kills her practically instantly.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

If I had to guess it would be using the flamethrower on blood lady.

e; f, b but yeah that would have made that section a joke!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Those were some good reactions.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Cooking everyone's favourite spider lady with the flamethrower kills her practically instantly.

I used the full tank on her and she still didn't die. Was very disappointed.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I finally liked something about this game, and of course it was a heavily scripted highlights reel of the first game.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Are you ready for the end

Because we're not there yet, but pretty soon yeah

38: Everything's Gonna be All White/Polsy

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Myra making herself the core explains most of the people in Union having a similar corrupted look to her. I'm guessing that while Stefano could call out the monsters who was only really responsible for like, the buzzsaw ladies.

I guess Union is falling apart because Myra doesn't care about keeping it intact at all.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
It's all come tumbling down.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the game's sudden drift to walking simulator, complete with contemplative soundtrack and an unexpected connection to what you thought was a game abstraction.

Kitty is tired after hunting down all those powerups for you. Good kitty.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

now i want ice cream

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
But wait, did she actually succeed? Or was it just her long-term plan?

Does this mean Sebastian is gonna become the core to give Myra and Lily a chance to escape? Maybe that's like some final moral choice poo poo at the end of the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I assume she didn't succeed in replacing Lily with herself as the core for the same reason Ruvik couldn't take total control of STEM in the first game. Everyone who is a part of the experiment is contributing on some level, made even more obvious in this game due to Union's inhabitants functioning as walking data storage devices. Therefore, Myra can't replace Lily as the core while the latter is still inside STEM, which is why she was waiting for Torres, Kidman, and Theodore to get her out before executing her The Plan (TM). But then our dear buddy Ted screwed everything up and it all went to hell.

edit: Imagine Indiana Jones hovering over the shiny idol with a bag full of sand. The Plan WAS Indy until it fell apart, with Myra being the sack and Lily being the idol. Only problem was, Theodore filled the sack with the wrong amount of sand, so now Seb is stuck running away from the boulder to get Lily to safety.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 19, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I just realized that out of the entire Mobius team that the one that likely ended up living was the black guy.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I think I'd say that the one guy halfway through was disarmed, but far from armless :v:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Is there a new game+ where the weapons carry over?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, and you unlock new ones on Survival and Nightmare.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
It's the end of the LP as we know it, and I feel fine!

39: Domestic Dispute/Polsy

Post-credits talk: Seems like that final scene is in Beacon hospital with the old STEM system booting up. RUVIK????!?

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is there a new game+ where the weapons carry over?

There is, but you can only do it up to the difficulty you finished on. I'll get around to doing a Nightmare run eventually, I'm partway through one.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Whew, that was a ride. Thanks!

I can't help but wonder how much the Bullet Combo saved you time there, at the end. You were racking it up.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I imagine Bullet Cascade turns the Assault Rifle into a beast alongside damage upgrades, assuming you're okay with not using anything else after you get it.

e: Yep, watching you get spooked was great fun! Thanks for the LP.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 20, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Love this game so much. Thanks for the LP, scruffy, it's always fun to watch you get spooked!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Thanks for showing off the game, Scruffy, watching you play it was real fun. Here's to hoping for some Joseph DLC we'll get to watch you play.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
That ending was intense. I loved the music, and the way the game switched between the storylines in the end.

Really annoying that there was no closure on either Sykes or Joseph.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
The admin password was "stemadmin123". Real good network security there, guys.

Also: "You're foolish...yet strangely admirable." :downs:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The big twist is that there was no horrifying twist and everything turned out better than expected. :v:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I'm sure I could gush for an entire essay about the million awesome things in this game and LP everybody else would, but nobody wants to read all that, so instead I'll just say: That was the best. :allears:

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013
this was a great LP

really hoping we get some DLC though or a comic or something to tie up loose ends (Like Joseph) or confirmation of a third game that the stinger seemed to be hinting at.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

If there is a third game, I bet it features the return of Ruvik.

And thanks for the fun LP.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I honestly thought they were just reusing the same shot a few times when they cut back to the mean boss guy because of his weird hand tic, but no I guess he just does that every time he speaks :ocelot:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Felinoid posted:

I'm sure I could gush for an entire essay about the million awesome things in this game and LP everybody else would, but nobody wants to read all that, so instead I'll just say: That was the best. :allears:

Actually...

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I honestly thought they were just reusing the same shot a few times when they cut back to the mean boss guy because of his weird hand tic, but no I guess he just does that every time he speaks :ocelot:

The psychologist also had some bizarrely pronounced and repetitive hand gestures. I found it very distracting and it would have been better if they hadn't bothered tbh.

Also thanks for the LP scruffy, excellent work as always!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Thanks for the great LP scruffy!

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

dscruffy1 posted:

It's the end of the LP as we know it, and I feel fine!

39: Domestic Dispute/Polsy

Post-credits talk: Seems like that final scene is in Beacon hospital with the old STEM system booting up. RUVIK????!?

There is, but you can only do it up to the difficulty you finished on. I'll get around to doing a Nightmare run eventually, I'm partway through one.

I laughed so HARD at your reaction when Myra got shot and changed ....and when the spiders came out!

This game looked pretty easy and less gross than the first but a lot more fun. The end boss was very God of War-like.

Thanks for playing this for the thread!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Speaking charitably, I imagine killing Elizabeth and Yukiko off so abruptly may have been to set up the fake out where Myra gets stabbed so you think, if just for a moment, that she's actually going to die right there.

Thanks for the LP, and looking forward to what comes next.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

marshmallow creep posted:

Thanks for the LP, and looking forward to what comes next.

Seconding this. Been following quietly on and off since the start, catching up now. Any ideas what you might be LPing next?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

What a silly game. Glad you lpd it, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You'd figure the big boss man would hold off on getting the "stay out of STEM hive mind but also get killed at any time" chip until they were going to hit critical mass. Then again, maybe it seemed like they were until Myra hotswapped into the core.

• Locked thread