Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OP, as I have no idea who you are, I find you agreeable enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Unknownone bought me this account as I am a cheap bastard.

I fear having my ass completely handed to me.

I'll try.

So far, though, in scanning the front page, I see threads like...

"BIG BAD POSTIN' DADDY BLASTIN' ON MY BUGLE HORN"
"what are the goatse faces called that youtube people make"
"F rank hunters"

and the possible future award-winner:

"The plot of black panther is basically a broken wing bird"

Truly there are an endless supply of topics that are all FILLED with smart, reasonable discussion that makes complete sense.

But it's either those or a thread that already has something, like, 1,201 pages. Both make one hesitate to step into, if that makes any sense at all.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

You sound like you wanna hang around on pol on 4chan or something.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

that's a 10/10 brian right there

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Literally A Person posted:

OP, as I have no idea who you are, I find you agreeable enough.

That's good then. Also, as my name here is short for "Simply A Newbie" (a handle I had on my other boards at the time I registered here, in 2004), I can appreciate another name that is three words and form a word using only the initials....namely yours: LAP.

I can call you LAP, right? You wouldn't mind? How about sitting in your lap while calling you "LAP"?

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Well, given that you posted this, two posts up:

SAN posted:

This may be my last post for a few years. Or ever.

I already know you are a liar and full of poo, soooo your checkmate is invalid because I can't trust your post.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

You sound like you wanna hang around on pol on 4chan or something.

Nah, I don't like that place. Last time I was there was... hrm. Probably 2 or 3 years ago or something.
I'd be more apt to hang out on /b/, but even then I go through spurts of visiting. Sometimes I visit every day and others.... not for a long time. Hey, what's that remind you of? Kinda like here, eh?

I'm more a fan of message boards like this, not anon boards.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Well, given that you posted this, two posts up:

I already know you are a liar and full of poo, soooo your checkmate is invalid because I can't trust your post.

And where did I lie, pray tell? I said "May".

Turns out... it may not.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Revins posted:

that's a 10/10 brian right there

I'll let him know he's pretty chill

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

SAN posted:

(which---I am, by the way. A writer)

A writer knows that most writing is trash without an editor.

No-one's going to do it for you.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Xaintrailles posted:

A writer knows that most writing is trash without an editor.

No-one's going to do it for you.

Rule one of writing:
There are no rules.

Anyone who tells you different is wrong. Just. Plain. Wrong.
You cannot do anything wrong with words or writing. I know some of you lil kittens have been trained differently and to think otherwise, but now that we're all out of grade school, you can finally live with the MEN.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SAN posted:

Rule one of writing:
There are no rules.

Anyone who tells you different is wrong. Just. Plain. Wrong.
You cannot do anything wrong with words or writing. I know some of you lil kittens have been trained differently and to think otherwise, but now that we're all out of grade school, you can finally live with the MEN.

So I can just copy and paste an established novel and publish it as my own? Sweet, I love no rules. Thanks, making millions republishing other's works.

PS: Your writing is actually bad. You may write and call yourself a writer, doesn't mean you're good at it.

xdirtypinkox
Aug 12, 2004

And it gets easier as I pass the Edward Scissorhands village where privileged white kids date rape girls and taunt me in their SUV's.
The culture of this place has completely changed since back when :okboomer: I don't even understand it anymore. Lots of political poo poo that would of been confined to CSPAM, lots of groupthink, less individuality and mspaint threads. It feels much more homogeneous and safe. That's not the SA I grew up with and I'm doing my best to adapt since this place is still the best part of the internet. Maybe it hasn't changed that much maybe my world is getting smaller and I cling to my limited worldview because I don't necessarily want to feel challenged as much as I want to be entertained.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

So I can just copy and paste an established novel and publish it as my own?

Yes. Technically, you can.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
there are actually lots of rules with writing

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

there are actually lots of rules with writing

I dontbvelieve it

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SAN posted:

Yes. Technically, you can.

It's not legal or allowed tho? I don't think you know much about real writing.

None of the above
Nov 5, 2009
You sound insufferable OP

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I will always post. Consequences be damned. Sure I've been owned a bunch of times but it's probably entertaining to others so i just suck it up and move on. My point op is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Everybody shitposts sometimes. Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along. In conclusion, SA is a land of contrasts.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

there are capital letters and periods that you're supposed to use

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Dixville posted:

I will always post. Consequences be damned. Sure I've been owned a bunch of times but it's probably entertaining to others so i just suck it up and move on. My point op is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Everybody shitposts sometimes. Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along. In conclusion, SA is a land of contrasts.

Same except I'm never owned cause I'm always right.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

there are capital letters and periods that you're supposed to use

I'll believe it when I see it

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

It's not legal or allowed tho?

I never said it was. I only said that he could, technically. Nothing to stop him if he really wants to, is there? You willing to go over his house and handcuff him so he can't? No? Then yes..... technically the answer stands: He can.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

None of the above posted:

You sound insufferable OP

Looks like I may fit in nicely here after all! And I was worried.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SAN posted:

I'll try.

So far, though, in scanning the front page, I see threads like...

"BIG BAD POSTIN' DADDY BLASTIN' ON MY BUGLE HORN"

Thats probably thread of the year to be honest.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

Thats probably thread of the year to be honest.

I voted Gold, no worries.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SAN posted:

I...Last...hrm. Probably 2 or 3...spurts

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SAN posted:

I never said it was. I only said that he could, technically. Nothing to stop him if he really wants to, is there? You willing to go over his house and handcuff him so he can't? No? Then yes..... technically the answer stands: He can.

lol you sound like a 14 year old debating in a b grade debate team.

"Yes, there are rules and laws to say you can't murder and you'll be punished, but you can physically murder people, so there are no rules about it."

Post your fanfic writing OP. We wanna read it.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Dixville posted:

Maybe.
I have an idea for a topic that I may (OR MAY NOT...OB-GYN Kenobi) make in a near future where I will give a "review" of all of the current threads on page one. I think it might prove that your "sometimes" guess is actually a little bit more frequent than you give it credit for...
I like your optimism and perseverance, though... and I will strive to be like you.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

you should be ashamed of your horrible posting.. you're up there with epic username and master virgin in terms of quality and literal posting diarrhea

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

lol you sound like a 14 year old debating in a b grade debate team.

IT'S STARTING.

SAN posted:

Here is what would probably happen if I stayed and every posted daily and regularly:

1. I'd post 90 percent of my posts just like this. "TL;DR" types, novel-length, very reasonable and logic based and technical, sure--like a writer might write a post (which---I am, by the way. A writer)
2. I'd get mocked for it, probably put on probation again.... and then toyed with by member and mod alike--being the butt and brunt of many jokes--- until you all tired of me and just eventually, outright banned me.
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!

I called it.
I think it's time I took my leave again, for now. This just isn't the place for someone who tends to post serious, longer replies in most every reply they make, to most every topic. I don't fit in here, I doubt I ever will.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

SAN posted:

IT'S STARTING.

I called it.
I think it's time I took my leave again, for now. This just isn't the place for someone who tends to post serious, longer replies in most every reply they make, to most every topic. I don't fit in here, I doubt I ever will.

you know there are other subforums

including one for writers

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Wendigee posted:

you should be ashamed of your horrible posting.. you're up there with epic username and master virgin in terms of quality and literal posting diarrhea

Well, congrats, you've run me off.

This is my last post. For awhile, anyways.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

gbs is a space for people who are loving off at work, stoned, drunk, or just bored on their computer these days. chill and :justpost:, you're trying too hard

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SAN posted:

Well, congrats, you've run me off.

This is my last post. For awhile, anyways.

Post your masterwork writing OP. Prove us wrong with your elegant prose.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

mission accomplished sarge

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Revins posted:

gbs is a space for people who are loving off at work, stoned, drunk, or just bored on their computer these days. chill and :justpost:, you're trying too hard

What if I'm all of those things :twisted: