Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

You know, they don't call John Carradine "The Voice" for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I don't think Squirm gets enough love. It has the classic short "A Case of Spring Fever" (where does coily fit into God's plan for us?) And the movie is actually halfway entertaining and the riffs about the South are pretty funny I think. Not quite as good as Boggy Creek 2 but still amusing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

verbal enema posted:

lmao that movie

I DONT LIKE BEING TOUCHED

Eenie meenie miney WHOA!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dixville posted:

I don't think Squirm gets enough love. It has the classic short "A Case of Spring Fever" (where does coily fit into God's plan for us?) And the movie is actually halfway entertaining and the riffs about the South are pretty funny I think. Not quite as good as Boggy Creek 2 but still amusing.

YOU GONNA BE DA WORM FACE NOW

nah Squirm is an all time good one. Movie is good riffs is good actors who were in it love the riffs

apparently that movie grossed people the gently caress out

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Squirm, The Final Sacrifice, and Time Chasers are my holy trilogy of films where you see who was cast as the protagonist and say "You have to be kidding me"

All of them are magnificent. Love all the jokes about antiquing.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Zapp Rowsdower

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

So, they've got 8 days left and are about $850k away from hitting the stretch goal for 9 episodes. Do we think they'll reach that mark?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Just give me fukkin season 4 again loving hell

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

LanceHunter posted:

So, they've got 8 days left and are about $850k away from hitting the stretch goal for 9 episodes. Do we think they'll reach that mark?
I think there's good chance. They're doing a live final fundraising push, aren't they? I think that'll get a good amount in. I have doubts they'll hit $5.5 though.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
The last line of Devilfish had me laughing almost to the level where I was scared that I was going to die.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

mulligan posted:

The last line of Devilfish had me laughing almost to the level where I was scared that I was going to die.

goddamn that movie sucks

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.

verbal enema posted:

goddamn that movie sucks

That just makes it funnier, I don’t remember any episode aside from Pumaman or Time Chasers where I laughed harder...

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

verbal enema posted:

goddamn that movie sucks

lovely Italian knockoff movies are some of my favorites. Warrior of the Lost World, Escape 2000, Devil Fish all rule.

Speaking of Warrior of the Lost World, Donald Pleasance was in that and he was also in Pumaman. If we forgot to list Donald Pleasance when discussing actors who've been in multiple episodes, we hosed up royal.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
MEGAWEAPON

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
It doesn't look like they're gonna get 2 million in 8 days for 12 episodes

Why can't like the Minecraft guy give them the 2 million. He's got like plenty of money, that's like 2 cents to him.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
As far as good episodes for a new viewer, this website shows the most popular episodes with fans. The highest scoring ones it looks like are space mutiny, the final sacrifice and manos. Anything above about 300 "laughs" i would say, on a cursory glance, would be good ones to start with. The lower scoring ones aren't necessarily bad, but probably are better for people who have seen at least a few episodes and liked them. And some people just will never like mst3k. It's not for everyone for sure. Some people just can't get past the whole "talking during a movie" construct.
I love Santa Claus. It's my favorite Christmas movie to watch and, in my personal opinion, better than Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (though that one is also quite good)

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I still love the "He tampered in God's domain" line said solemnly by a cop who just watched Bela Lugosi wrestle an octopus and then cut to atomic bomb footage.

Every time they reference that line they add a little Minnesota accent to it which makes it even funnier.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
a lot of these movies have godawful pacing and timing so it leaves big chunks of time to babble over

also helps the dialogue sucks too so who cares

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
As far as the new episodes go, I quite liked The Beast of Hollow Mountain. Cry Wilderness is also pretty great. I only really liked Mac and Me from the newer season but it was ... preeeetty nice
Edit forgot about Starcrash. That one was great, the Hasselhoff jokes alone are worth a watch

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dixville posted:

As far as the new episodes go, I quite liked The Beast of Hollow Mountain. Cry Wilderness is also pretty great. I only really liked Mac and Me from the newer season but it was ... preeeetty nice

I only drink tequila in the cantina to forget your poor mother. I think I'm going to go back inside to forget her a little more.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sourdough Sam posted:

I still love the "He tampered in God's domain" line said solemnly by a cop who just watched Bela Lugosi wrestle an octopus and then cut to atomic bomb footage.

Every time they reference that line they add a little Minnesota accent to it which makes it even funnier.

what episode is that i havent seen it in awhile

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Omg I just remembered Track of the Moon Beast. This song actually kinda slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKcw2AJvLI

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

verbal enema posted:

what episode is that i havent seen it in awhile

Bride of the monster
"i thought being killled by an octopus was supposed to be peaceful!"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dixville posted:

Omg I just remembered Track of the Moon Beast. This song actually kinda slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKcw2AJvLI

if this is California Lady im gonna slap you

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

verbal enema posted:

Lol i regret nothing

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dixville posted:

Bride of the monster
"i thought being killled by an octopus was supposed to be peaceful!"

hell yeah more Tor Johnson

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qj0KlHqo58

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

verbal enema posted:

And that's when things took a turn for the worse for the Fish Lipped Guy, who by that point was completely out of control with alcohol and womanizing. The Eskimo was too far gone on drugs to help. The Friendly Looking Backup Singer did all she could to maintain a sense of normalcy, but the Band Who Played California Lady would be no more from this point forward.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Hercules movies have not been mentioned and that is a crime look at this man

That beautiful legendary bodybuilder was the highest paid actor in the WORLD during those films

They kick so much rear end

One has Alan Steele but i cant remember which one

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

verbal enema posted:

One has Alan Steele but i cant remember which one

Hercules Against the Moon Men

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

And that's when things took a turn for the worse for the Fish Lipped Guy, who by that point was completely out of control with alcohol and womanizing. The Eskimo was too far gone on drugs to help. The Friendly Looking Backup Singer did all she could to maintain a sense of normalcy, but the Band Who Played California Lady would be no more from this point forward.

the skits are more miss than hit for me but this one was pretty funny

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
THE SANDSTORM

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

lovely Italian knockoff movies are some of my favorites. Warrior of the Lost World, Escape 2000, Devil Fish all rule

LEAVE THE BRONX
LEAVE THE BRONX
even though this is Italy...
LEAVE THE BRONX

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Wow Steve Reeves is such a superior Hercules its nuts

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

LEAVE THE BRONX
LEAVE THE BRONX
LEAVE THE BRONX

Turns out Escape 2000 was a sequel and Rifftrax eventually did the first one. There isn't much connective tissue between the two though, just Trash and a couple of side gang leaders who show up in both.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

LEAVE THE BRONX
LEAVE THE BRONX
LEAVE THE BRONX

Rat Woman is right!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

verbal enema posted:

Wow Steve Reeves is such a superior Hercules its nuts

agreed. and the herc films are slept on, imo

i think "unchained" is the most fun ep

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

LEAVE THE BRONX
LEAVE THE BRONX
LEAVE THE BRONX

"Man, the Bronx is a place that I should have left."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
*gets set on fire by a flame thrower*
I should have left the Bronx!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm a pretty good judge of people who aren't going to leave the Bronx, and this guy is definitely one of 'em!