Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just a heads up, haven't forgotten about this thread or the album. It'll get done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just a heads up, haven't forgotten about this thread or the album. It'll get done!

Don't make us summon Larry the Christmas Guy.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Flipperwaldt posted:

I set up this all mp3 mirror on Google drive of all music of the previous years, as well as the current state of affairs of this year.
Bit of a non-event, but I added a FLACMas folder to this where a copy of everything resides that wasn't originally submitted as mp3. This includes 16 tracks from 2018 and 2019 that aren't available in their original quality in the official releases.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Has someone made a 2021 soundcloud playlist?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Flipperwaldt posted:

Bit of a non-event, but I added a FLACMas folder to this where a copy of everything resides that wasn't originally submitted as mp3. This includes 16 tracks from 2018 and 2019 that aren't available in their original quality in the official releases.

Awesome, thanks! And thanks to every artiste who contributed to this annual event, you're all the best.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm doing an ICSA. Come compete.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989942

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

So you're spamming about it?

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Flipperwaldt posted:

This is incredible. Thank you. I'm currently doing a mass download to finally have it all in one place!

I wasn't able to participate this year due to personal stuff suddenly popping up right when I wanted to get to work on a contribution, but I am getting immense amounts of post-xmas joy from these awful(ly great) submissions.

Lifepuzzler fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 10, 2022

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

January is always such a downer of a month, but going back through these albums on cold nights always helps. Hard to believe how long this has been going.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Sorry to bump after it's been so long, but did this album ever get finalized/put together? :ohdear:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

my cat is norris posted:

Sorry to bump after it's been so long, but did this album ever get finalized/put together? :ohdear:

Not by me no, and I take full shameful responsibility for that. However, I think someone else already put together the tracks, so everything should be available in one space. Somewhere itt?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

The link to that is nine-ish posts up from here.

I've so far held off on album title, album art and track/disc numbering (and subsequent proper file naming), as I figured executive decisions on those could still come through. I guess I can probably whip things into some sort of shape by the end of the month so we can all have closure.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

The link to that is nine-ish posts up from here.

I've so far held off on album title, album art and track/disc numbering (and subsequent proper file naming), as I figured executive decisions on those could still come through. I guess I can probably whip things into some sort of shape by the end of the month so we can all have closure.

Yep, it's all good.

I am nowhere near the mindset to take care of it all. Sorry :smith:

I appreciate you all.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Nothing but appreciation for everybody who helped out with these every year.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Ok, so, to the best of my knowledge and ability. The official 2021 edition is up and fully tagged and gettable :siren: here :siren:

If you want it as an archivable blob, Google Drive will zip up the whole thing on the fly if you download the folder, afaik.

You'll no doubt see that this is the same link I've shared before that has versions of the archives for the other years as well. I want to clarify that I'm backpedalling the whole "all mp3" concept on those. Once I actually went back to collect the original wavs and flacs and whatever, it didn't make a lot of sense to long term keep those as a separate branch that needed maintaining and its tags kept synced between duplicates. If someone is annoyed about it not being all the same file format, it's entirely more trivial for them to do (ie.automate) the file conversions than to organize it the other way round. So, same link and folder structure, but in some cases files that were needlessly converted to mp3 by me earlier have been replaced with originals.

I'm not rolling back everything in the name of file originality or being a more accurate mirror of the archives though. Wav/aiff files I'll keep offering as flac because that's easier to tag. Greater tagging consistency and file naming across the whole thing was always the main point. I retraced some lossless files from 2018 and 2019 that were only available as mp3s, as I've mentioned before. And for 2020 I went with my preference of creator provided files, where the official archive has everything converted to flac indiscriminately. I don't feel bad about any of that because they are reversible changes in a way that me converting files to mp3 was technically not. I did replace the 2014 holocaust inspired album art, which isn't a reversible change per se, but I can't feel bad about that either.

I hope this provides for everyone who was still holding out for this. If someone can rehost the 2021 files to bring it on par with the rest as far as redundancy is concerned, that'd be great.

I love you all and we'll meet again in the next holiday season.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Thank you very much. The Goon Christmases are something I keep on my harddive just in case the internet ends and I need them.

Your efforts are very very much appreciated :toot:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

The General posted:

Thank you very much. The Goon Christmases are something I keep on my harddive just in case the internet ends and I need them.

Your efforts are very very much appreciated :toot:
Same. I have no ability to make music but I look forward to this thread every year - it's wonderful.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Same. I have no ability to make music but I look forward to this thread every year - it's wonderful.

An ability to make music isn't a prerequisite for the album, so I look forward to seeing your entry next year.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hoorah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks so much!