Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's definitely a good way to do an ending arc, compared to let's say, Bleach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
comparing toriko and bleach is very unkind to bleach. on a related note, comparing a petrified dog turd and bleach is also very unkind to bleach.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dont you mean it the other way around

For both of them.

More things happen in a petrified dog turd in a month then what bleach manages to do in 2 years.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, i mean that bleach can never live up to the example of toriko or a petrified dog turd and it is unfair to expect otherwise.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah I got what you meant its just that turn of phrase usually goes
" comparing x to filth is unfair/unkind to the filth."

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

if its cancelled then why is the author asking for new designs?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He's making an 18+ crime manga where detectives have to use "psychic implants" to hunt down sex criminals and the criminals will all turn out to be the flying tomato bug, designed by Ando Itsuki of Osaka Prefecture (Age 8).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Toriko 393

I need to find a way to stop the drool from my eyes...

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Have I never been truly alive until this very moment?

:jiggled:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This manga, man.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Toriko 393

I need to find a way to stop the drool from my eyes...

Last page

Where's Waldo: Things neo ate edition. Can you find Guinness' head or Don Slime? How about Midora's hands?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heartfelt dying speech followed by beautiful spray of delicious edible vomit

i love this manga

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The longer it went, the weirder I expected the last page to be

Toriko always delivers

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Why did they have to turn Acacia into a "good" guy in the end. He was better as an unrelenting rear end in a top hat.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
so that's what happens when you kill Kirby

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mulderman posted:

Why did they have to turn Acacia into a "good" guy in the end. He was better as an unrelenting rear end in a top hat.

Yeah true.
Also NEO is getting an impromptu redemption.
Which sucks.

OTOH villain redemption is totally in the toriko tradition. Gotta have more mouths at the feast table.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah true.
Which sucks.

OTOH villain redemption is totally in the toriko tradition. Gotta have more mouths at the feast table.

food is never evil, and toriko is going to devour acacia's dead body

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Well, either the manga will end in a chapter or two. If it keeps going - it really feels like the author was told to wrap it up a year ago - (since Toriko is always near the bottom of the rankings) maybe they decided to let it keep going, like Bleach.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
^^^This manga just keeps getting better and weirder. It's nothing like Bleach!

Sure but when we eat what's left over from corpses it's *illegal*

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I agree it's much, much better than Bleach but it is also always like third from the bottom like Bleach

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Do you think the series will end at chapter 400? Seven chapters to tie everything up. Toriko still has to get married, you know.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
who cares about toriko's figurative beard?

(i care a lot about any literal beard he might grow)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the title of knocking master is reserved for those with pompadours

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Venuz Patrol posted:

the title of knocking master is reserved for those with pompadours

the pompadour is actually the ultimate knocking tool

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

It's never been about good or bad, just eating eating eating.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I dunno, neo may have been hungry like everything else but he was still a total creeplord who liked to terrify things before eating them

Toriko can forgive him but he's still #1creeplord in my book

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah true.
Which sucks.

On the other other hand brainwashed side-characters get punched forever until they get devoured by birds.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
"Don't worry, the ingredients inside Neo will be the "baton" for the next planet of plenty."

*Vomits out millions of terrified animals and severed limbs*

The worst gourmet planet is born.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Shugojin posted:

I dunno, neo may have been hungry like everything else but he was still a total creeplord who liked to terrify things before eating them

Toriko can forgive him but he's still #1creeplord in my book

Well I mean that is called Pursuit Hunting/Predation. You chase an animal and keep it tired and frightened and then when it can't run any more, you kill it.

It's a legitimate hunting tactic. I guess the take away is that Neo didn't "Have" to pursuit hunt, but it was his way of getting the flavor most suited to him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Humans are pursuit predators. If anything he was acting like us.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He didn't just pursuit hunt, though. He also deliberately went out of his way to terrify and occasionally torture his prey to make them tastier.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

What we learned today:
1. Of the eight kings, only Mother Snake and the Battle Wolf actually died, so Quinn and Terry get to take their places. Better luck next time, Kiss!

2. Komatsu's nose job is worse than ever

3. Zonge Sama is...!?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
boring. toriko barely ate any human flesh, just parts of neo/acacia while they were fighting

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

On the other other hand brainwashed side-characters get punched forever until they get devoured by birds.

I enjoyed that warmup before he finally completed the circumnavigation punch.

ANIME AKBAR posted:

3. Zonge Sama is...!?

Finally doing something useful. It's not pretty but at least everything is getting resolved.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
We knew this was coming.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-02/toriko-gourmet-battle-manga-heads-toward-climax-on-november-14/.108382

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

midora died for your food. the boss will be truly missed.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 2, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Good rear end conclusion I believe myself. Zonge is the true hero after all. Also Midora pulling a Raoh and using his life force to restore the destroyed Earth.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Good rear end conclusion I believe myself. Zonge is the true hero after all. Also Midora pulling a Raoh and using his life force to restore the destroyed Earth.
It's a dumb conclusion, but sometimes dumb is good :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i find it strange a manga that went 300+ chapters got cancelled and had a rushed ending. seems like that would be enough to keep going

• Locked thread