Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Anyone with any decent experience with Automaton gearswap tables? Mine keep exploding and I decided to main PUP again because I'm a huge idiot.

Note: The gearswap code keeps exploding, not the automaton. He's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighty
Jun 15, 2005

Been getting the urge to play again, and have a little bit of free time coming up in a few months. I was thinking to finally 'finish' this game.

How long would it take someone who quit sometime after completing abyssea (thanks db!) To solo their way through the final expansion?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Eighty posted:

Been getting the urge to play again, and have a little bit of free time coming up in a few months. I was thinking to finally 'finish' this game.

How long would it take someone who quit sometime after completing abyssea (thanks db!) To solo their way through the final expansion?

Do you mean final expansion as in SoA, or RoV, the capstone to the story that was released for free after?

For RoV if you've already completed the Vanilla/RoZ/CoP/ToAU/WotG/Aby story content, it's not that long. RoV is cool, but the first half of it is a FFXI clipshow/nostalgia trip around Vana'diel. SoA also had a cool story, and is pretty long.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8lbzha/finally_change_the_mount_music_through_a_simple/

https://github.com/Ap0gee/MountMuzzle

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Reddit is compiling a list of questions to send the devs if anyone is interested in asking anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8lf0ca/ask_the_final_fantasy_xi_development_team_your/

I'm sure we'll just get bullshit answers, but it's worth a shot.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
I do have to say, I miss the old style of play with parties hanging out in zones pulling mobs, how it was before the books and what not (like, 2004 times). I think I'm the weird one here though.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

OMGMYSPLEEN posted:

I do have to say, I miss the old style of play with parties hanging out in zones pulling mobs, how it was before the books and what not (like, 2004 times). I think I'm the weird one here though.

old school camps are cool but everyone doesn’t remember the standing in town hoping for an invite as DD aspect of it. but you can relive the joy on Nasomi!

omg yes the mount music is AWFUL

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice

star eater posted:

old school camps are cool but everyone doesn’t remember the standing in town hoping for an invite as DD aspect of it. but you can relive the joy on Nasomi!

Oh I remember that as well. It was pretty painful. I just wanna level up my MNK!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

star eater posted:

omg yes the mount music is AWFUL

Yea. Now you just sit in town shouting for an invite to end game you'll never get because you aren't dd or a Whm/cor/geo/bed.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
word

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Does Square still do that thing where they delete your character if you don't log in for however many months

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Nope. Thankfully.

rip in pepperoni my first few years playing this stupid game

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Cuchulain posted:

Nope. Thankfully.

rip in pepperoni my first few years playing this stupid game

oh good, need to pay off some poo poo so suspending any non essentials rn

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

keep it down up there! posted:

Reddit is compiling a list of questions to send the devs if anyone is interested in asking anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8lf0ca/ask_the_final_fantasy_xi_development_team_your/

I'm sure we'll just get bullshit answers, but it's worth a shot.
Yeah they don't give a gently caress about NA's.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

It doesn't help that whoever is in charge of these things always asks the dumbest questions.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
How many nerf smn questions?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If anyone can write advanced automation, send me a PM or pull my skype name from my profile.

Looking to hire and can pay gil or actual money.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

If anyone can write advanced automation, send me a PM or pull my skype name from my profile.

Looking to hire and can pay gil or actual money.

Putting in almost as much effort as a legitimate business here.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
the dream of ffxi is to not play it so who can blame them

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Some dude posted his 1099 on FFXIAH trying to prove that he is pulling in $15k + a month from ffxi in any already lovely thread about bots . If it could be combined with a "is asura the best server" thread it would easily be the best/worst thread ever.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Majumbo posted:

Some dude posted his 1099 on FFXIAH trying to prove that he is pulling in $15k + a month from ffxi in any already lovely thread about bots . If it could be combined with a "is asura the best server" thread it would easily be the best/worst thread ever.

I love reading all the jealous posts trying to not act like they aren't jealous. (I'm jealous)

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Please link for the lazy and or stupid

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52369/whats-with-all-the-bots/

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

star eater posted:

the dream of ffxi is to not play it so who can blame them
Ain't that the truth. I can't play FFXI well anymore.

I never could though. Always terrible.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
lol at that OPs examples of bots. someone hasn’t taken a little trip over to the eft camp in gates

loving madness in there.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Someone in that thread said "What is interesting to me is that bots are far more easy to get along with than most of the people on Asura" which is funny cause it's true

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Majumbo posted:

Someone in that thread said "What is interesting to me is that bots are far more easy to get along with than most of the people on Asura" which is funny cause it's true

If I had a choice between farming with bots or listening to ronstadt yell in town...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just love how often yells turn into political slap fights. So fun.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

This is why I stay on my backwater server.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
So how do I buy gil off that guy?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

so this dude is printing 10 billion gil a month into a game with no major cash sinks and a falling cost of goods?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Rape Stink posted:

So how do I buy gil off that guy?

There are goons you can buy off of.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

so this dude is printing 10 billion gil a month into a game with no major cash sinks and a falling cost of goods?
When you got like 45 toons, yep.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Paladine_PSoT posted:

If I had a choice between farming with bots or listening to ronstadt yell in town...

My pubbies Ls hates him too. Glad to see hes universally an idiot.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

My pubbies Ls hates him too. Glad to see hes universally an idiot.

Who's this dude on asura?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Who's this dude on asura?

He is named Ronstadt and wants you to join his LS/Discord if you ambuscade group with him

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Majumbo posted:

He is named Ronstadt and wants you to join his LS/Discord if you ambuscade group with him

He’s also pretty bad and will only do what the Meta is and not deviate then execute it poorly.

rip botters(probably not). https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51608/dev-tracker-discussion/42/

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 2, 2018

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
So I reinstalled FFXI again for the 5th time I think? I swear it takes longer and longer to reinstall. This time it was almost 9 hours. I am a 99 WHM or Bard named Muris on Asura if anyone needs help with anything. I'll babysit / power level newbies if anyone needs help with that too. I was in the Reddit and Twitch linkshells, but both seem dead now. I could use a good linkshell if anyone knows of one. Also I just need to remember how to play again. Thank god I saved my macros to the server. I wouldn't want to set all that poo poo up again.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
when you install it the 6th time dig up the torrent with all the patches so all it has to do is check the files and you’re on your way.

unless you did do that and it still took 9 hours in which case RIP.

i still have it installed on the VM partition on my mac despite not having played since january simply because i refuse to ever go through the install process again (and i had weird undocumented graphical glitches I basically took 3 days to resolve) plus my stupid gearswap LUAs (that are easily backed up but hell)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Necrosaro posted:

So I reinstalled FFXI again for the 5th time I think? I swear it takes longer and longer to reinstall. This time it was almost 9 hours. I am a 99 WHM or Bard named Muris on Asura if anyone needs help with anything. I'll babysit / power level newbies if anyone needs help with that too. I was in the Reddit and Twitch linkshells, but both seem dead now. I could use a good linkshell if anyone knows of one. Also I just need to remember how to play again. Thank god I saved my macros to the server. I wouldn't want to set all that poo poo up again.

Ls called facedesk is pretty helpful for newbees. Or people just in sparks gear. You should be able to get a pearl off the concierge