Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

I am a snake, follow me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Lots of informed :words: about Virtual Surround.

At least delusion is cheap today: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ35C1Q

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I think ive about had it with the pump shotgun. I already dump it if I find the 2 shot one or the auto shotty, but now I think I'll dump it for the SMGs too.

I was clearing a small town that was pretty out of the way and after clearing the front half I saw someone moving in one of the houses on the back half. I got in position on a hill with some nice tree cover and decided to wait him out since I was safely in the circle. While waiting another guy showed up and the first guy decided to leave. I shot and killed the first guy knowing it would draw the other guy out as well and so I ran back to the tree as the guy took the bait. Since I only had ~17 shots left in my rifle and no reload I switched to the pump and nailed him twice then got ripped up by his AKM.

Whats the point!!! I got the drop but could only get off 2 shots before the rifle's damage and ROF overtook it and apparently big red blood bursts don't mean poo poo.

I've had a lot better luck with the 2 shot I think in that I could have dumped it then swapped, and I think I could have atleast spammed him if I had the auto shotty. When I am running up to a tree that blocks LOS from the opponent and I know I can get the drop I'd prefer to have a full auto gun there.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

xjohnson posted:

Got my first chicken dinner w/ saWhix. I just got the game a week ago and I suck.

Your five kills says you're actually good

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Miguel Prado posted:

I am a snake, follow me

Some of the best fun is had in the lobby

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Chard posted:

Some of the best fun is had in the lobby

Also one of the only places most players will ever get the chance to touch a Tommy Gun, M249, M24, or AWM.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I wish they had sights in the lobby. I know a lot of people hate that the lobby has guns but I want em to double down and make it even better to just grab a gun and practice some shooting while you wait.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also one of the only places most players will ever get the chance to touch a Tommy Gun, M249, M24, or AWM.

You don't win by not going for crates

The reward far outweighs the risk if you get an M24 or AWM (though I personally hate the AWM because of the ammo limit)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
First day playing, ranked #2 with only one kill in Team.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

one thing that's really funny is when people say "china number one" in a racist accent

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Odobenidae posted:

one thing that's really funny is when people say "china number one" in a racist accent

Dude, those people are Chinese. Whats racist about being Chinese?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I keep getting killed by beagle in final 2. Plz stop

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Futuresight posted:

I wish they had sights in the lobby. I know a lot of people hate that the lobby has guns but I want em to double down and make it even better to just grab a gun and practice some shooting while you wait.

Why would anyone hate that the lobby has guns? It's just a bit of mindless fun while the game is loading in everyone.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Why would anyone hate that the lobby has guns? It's just a bit of mindless fun while the game is loading in everyone.

Noise I guess

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Finally won my first match :drum:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Man I dunno if it's lovely netcode or just my dodgy NZ internet but I cannot stay in a game for more than 5 minutes before dropping the connection :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It's your connection :rip:

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Dyz posted:

Noise I guess

Yep. People complain about the noise on the subreddit and official forums at least. Not sure if I've seen it here.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
drat, saw my first lag armor or something. Dude was crouch sidestepping 6 feet back and forth without passing through the part in the middle. Had a bunch of other really good games so I wasn't even mad, but drat I will be happy when they smooth some of the edges on this game.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

For me the audio lags into a ear splitting mess, bad enough I gotta mute, but it's fine as soon as the plane loads.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Futuresight posted:

Yep. People complain about the noise on the subreddit and official forums at least. Not sure if I've seen it here.

"Quiet everybody! We need to have a serious discussion about Hitler and American politics!"

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 15, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

funny Star Wars parody posted:

It's your connection :rip:

Yea I figured it must be :( Fibre gettin put in our street this week thank gently caress

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Futuresight posted:

I don't mind chatter but I could go without the wailing and hooting from people as if they just discovered how to use their vocal chords. That and the constant racism I guess.

Don't wanna turn off voice cuz tormenting people while you have them surrounded is amazing fun. That and the one time I made a couple of Steam friends by singing Smash Mouth with them while we had them besieged in an attic.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The worst part about the lobby is the fact that the audio gets louder during the loading screens somehow so if someones shooting or talking then it blows your ears out. I always mute the voice chat till I've landed anyway but drat the loud as gently caress laggy, crackling audio is bad.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there any way to reduce the possibility of crashing from Flash grenades? Does lowering effects or anything like that help?

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

First I've head of flashbangs doing anything :v:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The guns at the beginning drown out the endless racial slurs so the guns are good.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I think instead of having a lobby where people are running around firing off weapons and blasting stupid poo poo into their mics, maybe have some kind of a map or planning stage if you're with a team? Doesn't have to be intensive like the old school Rainbow Six planning menus but maybe just display the map to draw out plans (or dickbutt over and over) with brushes or icons or something while waiting might be better.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The problem with the lobby having guns is just the game can't handle 100 people firing guns off in a close area very well at all and with headphones on, the lobby sounds like popcorn on a CRT television. Otherwise I don't hate having 60 seconds to shoot each other.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
Pehaps the lobby is a built in stress test they can use to collect data for tuning the engine and servers

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jimbot posted:

Is there any way to reduce the possibility of crashing from Flash grenades? Does lowering effects or anything like that help?

a flashbang crashed me also, dunno how to fix it though. They really, really need to fix the crashing. Doing so twice in a row, right after restarting the game in an effort to keep it from crashing, made me quit playing out of frustration earlier today.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The lobby being loud isn't really an issue since the plane and the drop are 10x as loud.

Pringlescan4
Jul 6, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

First day playing, ranked #2 with only one kill in Team.

It's so much more fun to be the guy with the 8x scope shooting at people hiding on the wrong side of the tree, than it is to be murdered out of nowhere.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If they get rid of the lobby I lose out on my favorite part of the game - the "you can't get on this shipping container" bodyblock minigame.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

If they get rid of the lobby I lose out on my favorite part of the game - the "you can't get on this shipping container" bodyblock minigame.

Cargo container pvp is the only thing I'm good at.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Clip from a game a week or so ago with some goons. We got into a skirmish with another team in the village and decided to book it.

https://my.mixtape.moe/whezoe.mp4

[spoiler]Don't use grenades inside vehicles, kids[/spoilers]

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Just got my second chicken dinner on a blind nade over a ridge and then lighting up the second guy who got the drop on me. This game is good.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The worst part about the lobby is the fact that the audio gets louder during the loading screens somehow so if someones shooting or talking then it blows your ears out. I always mute the voice chat till I've landed anyway but drat the loud as gently caress laggy, crackling audio is bad.

I've never had that issue. It must be my 7.1 surround sound headsets.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

TracerM17 posted:

I've never had that issue. It must be my 7.1 surround sound headsets.

7.1 headsets are redundant, everyone knows the human ears can only hear like five sounds per direction anyways :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

On my road to the top 100 while being unable to win anything.

• Locked thread