Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I saw a pink Löwe and I have historical paints on.

I about puked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Darkrenown posted:

I haven't bothered install mods for a while, but sometimes I still like to check out the stats of people who go to horrible locations and whine about the team being awful. Now, admittedly, our team did suck but this idiot lost all his HP ~30 seconds into the match and started whining about the latest terrible team he had to deal with. So, how did he do in this match?

0 damage, but it was a blow out. Let's look at his stats!

Comically bad! Has our tryhard statbadder even managed to get down to these levels yet? This is not a bot, this is apprently an active player who thinks he is good enough to critic teams.

Let's check out his most played tanks!

So his actual stats are even worse than they first seemed, his terrible w/r is actually being padded by over 1000 T1 Cunningham games, and even his 600+ Ltractor games are buffing it somewhat even though it's not a great W/R.

:suicide:

50% in the most OP tier 1?! He's literally a coinflipper from the ground up!

Fat Jesus posted:

they're not going to have those mods so they won't see them so I dunno, I'm all for complete freedom to customize your tank and also forcing everyone to see it and I'd paint all mine pink with I'M GAY written large but have to settle with jew flags on my tiger

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > World of Tanks: jew flags on my tiger

serious gaylord posted:

Ask me about slapping a Jgpzr E100 ap shell into the side of an IS-7, doing 0 damage and not even tracking him. Twice.

I dunno, get gud? (Nah, I feel the same way about IS-7s.)

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Darkrenown posted:

Comically bad! Has our tryhard statbadder even managed to get down to these levels yet? This is not a bot, this is apprently an active player who thinks he is good enough to critic teams.
46% pfff. Get on MY level :smug: (43%) This is unfortunately just your average run of the mill terrible player. There are a gently caress ton of them out there dismally.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Last time i ran into an IS-7 i penned his lower plate like 4 times with AP from my ST-I. I think he bounced off my turret twice before starting to shoot someone else instead.

The troll armor was bouncing an AMX 30 proto shot off a jp88 lower plate.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Ask me about slapping a Jgpzr E100 ap shell into the side of an IS-7, doing 0 damage and not even tracking him. Twice.
Had this a couple of days ago with the Death Star. AP loaded, target's side-on, and I fire straight into the fucker at ~50m as he rushed out from a corner to chase after a B-C25t, but nah of course the IS-7 just absorbed the shell like nothing happened, and he freely continued on his merry way.

Years ago I miraculously clowned an IS-7 using the Panther II (by shooting the fucker in the side), but he was a shockingly bad player and I managed to set him on fire in the process anyway so whatever.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Atomizer posted:

That first dude is a total loving spaz, the 2nd is a sperg, and the 3rd is a racist homophobic sperg.... :magical:

I don't get that second guy. "Hmm, I just got shot the gently caress up by sitting on this hill top. Better duck down for a second and then go back to exactly where I was before, OH WHAT THE gently caress I GOT SHOT."

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I bounced a jpzE100 AP round off my turret in the amx 50b, that felt pretty good.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Cartoon posted:

46% pfff. Get on MY level :smug: (43%) This is unfortunately just your average run of the mill terrible player. There are a gently caress ton of them out there dismally.
Just had the pleasure of suffering this absolute loving retard on my team as a top-tier ST-I. This has to be a bot, surely?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Der Shovel posted:

I don't get that second guy. "Hmm, I just got shot the gently caress up by sitting on this hill top. Better duck down for a second and then go back to exactly where I was before, OH WHAT THE gently caress I GOT SHOT."

Seriously. Whoever was shooting him probably didn't even have to move his mouse or let go of the button. What a baby

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Atomizer posted:

50% in the most OP tier 1?! He's literally a coinflipper from the ground up!

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > World of Tanks: jew flags on my tiger

I dunno, get gud? (Nah, I feel the same way about IS-7s.)

I would rather shoot an IS-7 in the front than in the side.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Just had the pleasure of suffering this absolute loving retard on my team as a top-tier ST-I. This has to be a bot, surely?
No. I think they are playing from New Zealand and are also a terrible player. 44 +/- 1 is about the limit of incompetence below that requires active sabotage. Arguably being that terrible a player in an E-25 is sabotaging your team(who might expect better performance from an OP tank -pfft nuubs).

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Circonflexes did a video on some of the buffs Wargaming is sneaking in beside the shitton of new Russian tanks.

He's highlighting how the T-44-100 and T-54 mod 1 got really weird 250-horsepower buffs to their engines, but how that's not even the tip of the iceberg.
While the terrain resistances were already ludicrously low, their mobility is now through the roof, while getting absolutely stupid gun-handling stats. Sub-2-second aim-time on a tank with the highest track traverse & lowest track traverse bloom, AND highest turret traverse & second-highest turret traverse bloom.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Im not mad about the t-44 buffs. They kind of have to buff a lot of tier 8 and lower tanks now because of the OP premiums they let out.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I saw a derp Pershing in the wild today.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Derp pattons and 76mm t-29s will always be the saddest things.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

2Jets posted:

Im not mad about the t-44 buffs. They kind of have to buff a lot of tier 8 and lower tanks now because of the OP premiums they let out.

Are they actually going to buff the tech tree T-44 or just the T-44-100 premium tank and T-54 mod 1 premium tank?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Are they actually going to buff the tech tree T-44 or just the T-44-100 premium tank and T-54 mod 1 premium tank?

The standard T-44 is getting some buffs, yes.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

3.2s aim time? Is that the drat 122mm?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Yeah, but the upcoming buffs to the T-44 aren't affected by gun choice :v:

Edit:
Dog dicks, they are because lol module weight but you get the general idea.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah, but the upcoming buffs to the T-44 aren't affected by gun choice :v:

Edit:
Dog dicks, they are because lol module weight but you get the general idea.

I was more interested in the gun handling buffs than the mobility ones. The T-44 was reasonably mobile, the reason I hated that tank was because I played it pretty late in the day and after playing many other tier 8s and the T-44 just could not output enough damage. You could get into a reasonable spot, you could get decent shots on enemies, and you just couldn't reliably output damage due to the mediocre pen and mediocre accuracy hurting the already mediocre raw DPM. I'd played the FCM 50t before the T-44 and getting into position and outputting damage in the FCM was miles easier, and I played the T-44 after premium-ammo-for-credits so the T-44 never bounced anything anyway.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

That looks like a run-of-the-mill shitter to me; bots are way worse. And trust me, I know bots!
<----------------------------------------------- :haw:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Circonflexes did a video on some of the buffs Wargaming is sneaking in beside the shitton of new Russian tanks.

He's highlighting how the T-44-100 and T-54 mod 1 got really weird 250-horsepower buffs to their engines, but how that's not even the tip of the iceberg.
While the terrain resistances were already ludicrously low, their mobility is now through the roof, while getting absolutely stupid gun-handling stats. Sub-2-second aim-time on a tank with the highest track traverse & lowest track traverse bloom, AND highest turret traverse & second-highest turret traverse bloom.

I do agree with him that the buffs are kind of uncalled for, at least in the sense that they're (at least initially) being applied to Russian tanks only. I wish that there was some phrase to use for the bias that Wargaming seems to exhibit towards Russian vehicles....

:thunk: Ah well, probably nothing then. :shrug:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Atomizer posted:

That looks like a run-of-the-mill shitter to me; bots are way worse. And trust me, I know bots!
Yeah, I was wondering about that whole avatar/title thing... what/why? :v:

Atomizer posted:

I do agree with him that the buffs are kind of uncalled for, at least in the sense that they're (at least initially) being applied to Russian tanks only. I wish that there was some phrase to use for the bias that Wargaming seems to exhibit towards Russian vehicles....

:thunk: Ah well, probably nothing then. :shrug:
The 'R' in 'RNG' can stand for several things, but it sure as gently caress doesn't stand for 'Random' when it comes to a certain bunch of vehicles. :ussr:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
lol they're selling the Defender again https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/overview-february-2018/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

That's absurd even from just a business standpoint. Not selling that during the holidays and then selling it at the end of February? Bizarre.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

wonder what the surprise will be

and I like my T-54 mod1, it's great when you get top tier every 5th battle or so bad pen notwithstanding

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
If I could order some real chocolates shaped as tanks... truffles and all sorts of delightful things... I'd do it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

That's absurd even from just a business standpoint. Not selling that during the holidays and then selling it at the end of February? Bizarre.

Seriously. Unless they figure people might have spent all their cash on present boxes/other prem vehicles so this will get more sales? Still very stupid but lmao at more defenders.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hellsau posted:

It's not really absurd from a business standpoint at all.

You hold the tank back on the first big opportunity where people anticipate it to be available, confirming the possibility it might follow in the footsteps of the Type 59, then introduce a big update with a whole slow of tanks embodying similar concepts to the defender, then announce the Defender's return to the shop as the final item in a seasonal sale after these tanks have hit the game.

They're combining the elements of "I though this tank would never be available for money again", "This'll be a great crew trainer for the new tanks I plan to unlock / have unlocked", "Oh poo poo, this tank must be as invulnerable as those tanks I've been failing to pen, I'm gonna get one".

The single thing that doesn't look like a good business choice at first glance is that they may not be selling it for a discount, thus limiting the full potential of unit sales. Except that a) it's a virtual product, so traditional poo poo factoring into seasonal production/sales/revenue/profit doesn't matter, and b) we're not exactly dealing with an elastic product here, so having the Defender available at a higher price need not necessarily impact the demand, especially when we're dealing with the ways demand is artificially boosted.

I mean, I can't pretend to be able to apply perfect marketing reasoning to poo poo like internet pixel tanks, but it's far from a bad decision. Especially the Wargaming-tier bad decisions we're used to.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Fat Jesus posted:

wonder what the surprise will be

Given that they gave so many Type 59s out in boxes (except to me :(), that's my guess.

Speaking of which, War Thunder gave light tanks a new lease by giving them the ability to light up tanks on the battlefield for their team, and they get credit and xp for damage and destruction while the tank is spotted. Even though I have absolutely no faith that WG wouldn't gently caress it up, if they gave lights in WoT a similar capability, it might actually be fun to play them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Given that they gave so many Type 59s out in boxes (except to me :(), that's my guess.

Speaking of which, War Thunder gave light tanks a new lease by giving them the ability to light up tanks on the battlefield for their team, and they get credit and xp for damage and destruction while the tank is spotted. Even though I have absolutely no faith that WG wouldn't gently caress it up, if they gave lights in WoT a similar capability, it might actually be fun to play them.

I mean thats how light tanks work in WoT already???

The problem is 70% of the maps in the game mean a light tank is pretty pointless as its either so small their view range is wasted or a city map where it doesn't matter.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what do you mean by light up because that sounds exactly like how spotting works in wot

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It's a mechanic whereby you manually mark a tank and it remains spotted until the timer expires.

I guess the way it'd work in WoT is that if a light tank spots you with that specialized mechanic, you remain visible for 'x' amount of time regardless of your camo rating or cover.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 25, 2018

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's a mechanic whereby you manually mark a tank and it remains spotted until the timer expires.

I guess the way it'd work in WoT is that if a light tank spots you, you remain visible for 'x' amount of time regardless of your camo rating or cover.

That's a thing in Armored Warfare too, it also makes marked targets take slightly more damage or something

e: It's probably been changed but it used to guarantee shots against marked targets would be high damage rolls

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hey guys, I just noticed, welcome to page 1000! :suicide:

Yeah, I was wondering about that whole avatar/title thing... what/why? :v:

Stroker and I got into an argument about bots and he gave me a dumb custom title. I'm totally OK with Lowtax getting :10bux: if that keeps SA running, and I've intended to change my avatar anyway, eventually. The old one was getting quite outdated (Chapman's been gone since November 3rd, 2016) but I don't yet have an idea for a new one.

Hellsau posted:

Russian Christmas is in February, comrade!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Hey guys, I just noticed, welcome to page 1000! :suicide:

god help us

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I just realized that "return/sell a premium tank to get a discount on an other one" ends the day before the defender goes on sale. Guess I can't use my IS-6 and 112 to get a cheaper/free Defender?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Just let them rot in your garage forever. They did mention buffing the IS-6 a while back, but who knows when they will?

I really wonder what WG's process for buffing a tank is. Not that this would solve the IS-6, but for example, surely it couldn't take more than a few minutes to open up its stats and change the AP pen to 225? So many tanks are total poo poo for so long, it makes me wonder if adjusting tank stats is a terribly convoluted process for them or if they just don't know/care how bad some tanks are?

Edit: Speaking of poo poo tanks, they are selling the Even 90 now? Did they change anything about it, because the previews I saw all said it was one of the worst tanks in the entire game and no one should pay anything for it.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 25, 2018

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Tahirovic posted:

I just realized that "return/sell a premium tank to get a discount on an other one" ends the day before the defender goes on sale. Guess I can't use my IS-6 and 112 to get a cheaper/free Defender?

Nope. Honestly, I'd keep the 112. The heat round makes it usable, and if the would give you mostly T8 tanks it is more than adequate. The IS-6 you can decide what you want as the premium round sucks.

Darkrenown posted:

Just let them rot in your garage forever. They did mention buffing the IS-6 a while back, but who knows when they will?

I really wonder what WG's process for buffing a tank is. Not that this would solve the IS-6, but for example, surely it couldn't take more than a few minutes to open up its stats and change the AP pen to 225? So many tanks are total poo poo for so long, it makes me wonder if adjusting tank stats is a terribly convoluted process for them or if they just don't know/care how bad some tanks are?

Edit: Speaking of poo poo tanks, they are selling the Even 90 now? Did they change anything about it, because the previews I saw all said it was one of the worst tanks in the entire game and no one should pay anything for it.

I mean they have buffed the T-34-3, Type 59, and T-54 Mod 1 into perfectly serviceable tanks. So there is hope. I think it could use more pen on its gold round, and maybe a buff to 200 on the silver round because of the MM. Honestly, the best solution for WG is to put the MM to single or 1 tier spread as preferred, and 2 tier as the least before they start trying to bring all the tanks into balance.

And yes, the Even 90 is being sold. The only reason you would consider buying it is that you have money and hope it will one day be buffed to 13 57 levels. Still kicking myself for not buying that one last year. I just didn't know if I would keep playing this game again at the time, and the 13 90 had been off putting to me ever since they nerfed it originally.

HFX fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 25, 2018

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

HFX posted:

I mean they have buffed the T-34-3, Type 59, and T-54 Mod 1 into perfectly serviceable tanks. So there is hope. I think it could use more pen on its gold round, and maybe a buff to 200 on the silver round because of the MM. Honestly, the best solution for WG is to put the MM to single or 1 tier spread as preferred, and 2 tier as the least before they start trying to bring all the tanks into balance.

Sure, but that seems like a bigger change for them, philosophically if nothing else. It just seems like there's no need for tanks to be OP or shitheaps for months, nevermind years! Like, unless the process is way more complex than it should be, you should be able to give all the terribad T8 prems a buff in an afternoon. Of course, they'd need testing and tweaking after that, but a non-idiot isn't going to make a shitpile OP in one go and incremental changes are far better than none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

YellerBill posted:

That's a thing in Armored Warfare too, it also makes marked targets take slightly more damage or something

e: It's probably been changed but it used to guarantee shots against marked targets would be high damage rolls

Last time I played AW an IFV actively lighting up a target meant all shooters did max damage instead of rolling for it. I think. Never really used it because you rely on idiots to left click.

Had a top tier Panther call the entire team "Retarded jew campers", when he camped at the back and traveled less than i did in my arty. I just reflexively told him "Shut up nazi shitlord" and get a load of abuse. Turns out all but one tank on the first page of his most played were German, including 55% with over 1k games in a 1C. The only non-german tank was a tier 2 russian seal clubber.