Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Way to make fun of MJF's Parkinson's, eh!

YES! I claim the 1000th page! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Should replace the Arrow with a Global Express. Canadians never show Bombardier any love.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

is that supposed to be awesome canadian things because counterpoint: bryan adams

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bueno Papi posted:

Should replace the Arrow with a Global Express. Canadians never show Bombardier any love.

Bombardier was just handed a massive bailout by the government despite massive backlash from the public, the street cars they built in Mexico for the Toronto TTC didnt even fit the tracks and had a tendency to catch fire, and naturally they took the bailout money and handed a 10% bonus to every exec.

Bombardier is not very liked here right now.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
nickelback from the band nickelback should be on there

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending
i think goats have a privileged place in most religions because they're such an old and valuable domesticated animal. i'm not sure where the satanic association comes from originally - maybe some christian denominations don't like them?

anyway, happy page 1000!

the chees just got their first live prey - earthworms!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rodatose posted:

nickelback from the band nickelback should be on there

Sorry theyre your problem now, just like Bieber and Celine Dion.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

where the gently caress is leonard

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

Sorry theyre your problem now, just like Bieber and Celine Dion.

canada was a mistake

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

i think goats have a privileged place in most religions because they're such an old and valuable domesticated animal. i'm not sure where the satanic association comes from originally - maybe some christian denominations don't like them?

anyway, happy page 1000!

Agoochigoo!

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

anyway, happy page 1000!

nice bokeh.

heh, i'm photography

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

it was so funny, the quails knew what the worms were and they got straight to work but the keets were afraid so they circled around and every time a worm twitched they'd all jump backward and go BRRRRT in perfect unison

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Bombardier was just handed a massive bailout by the government despite massive backlash from the public, the street cars they built in Mexico for the Toronto TTC didnt even fit the tracks and had a tendency to catch fire, and naturally they took the bailout money and handed a 10% bonus to every exec.

Bombardier is not very liked here right now.

Still makes more sense than an Arrow.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its an old image and everyone in CanPol, including myself, has been pretty :effort: at updating it.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/863198870670458881

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Its an old image and everyone in CanPol, including myself, has been pretty :effort: at updating it.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the ground

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

In our hearts. :unsmith:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anyway, happy page 1000!

current antipathy against goats as satanic undoubtedly comes from dudes like aleister crowley deciding goats looked really cool and using them for their openly against-normal-society ritual stuff, and then of course anton lavey really going in on using goats for his church of satanism, largely from copying crowley and other earlier dudes like that.

earlier antipathy against goats was probably generic "well pagans worshipped goats/goat gods and those are the devil" but never seems to have had as strong an association as they do today. any other animal that was known in the european/north african/middle east world would have the same general associations with a pagan deity of some sort that the local religous might rail against.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bam Margera Presents: Where the #$&% Is Santa? (2008)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

fishmech posted:

current antipathy against goats as satanic undoubtedly comes from dudes like aleister crowley deciding goats looked really cool and using them for their openly against-normal-society ritual stuff, and then of course anton lavey really going in on using goats for his church of satanism, largely from copying crowley and other earlier dudes like that.

earlier antipathy against goats was probably generic "well pagans worshipped goats/goat gods and those are the devil" but never seems to have had as strong an association as they do today. any other animal that was known in the european/north african/middle east world would have the same general associations with a pagan deity of some sort that the local religous might rail against.

Wasnt the earliest version of Satan in Catholicism a half man half goat thing? Or did that come later?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
unless leonard was put in a mausoleum

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
searching for the word mausoleum to see if i had the correct above ground body-storing option revealed news that spain's parliament just voted to remove franco's bones from a state mausoleum

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Furnaceface posted:

Wasnt the earliest version of Satan in Catholicism a half man half goat thing? Or did that come later?
nah, he was just a fallen angel

many animal hybrids or just plain human forms have been used for him over the years. pig parts are often common for him, really

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Furnaceface posted:

Yes, and I think this is why:

quote:

In Greek mythology, a satyr (UK /ˈsætə/, US /ˈseɪtər/;[1] Greek: σάτυρος satyros,[2] pronounced [sátyros]) is one of a troop of ithyphallic male companions of Dionysus with goat-like features and often permanent erection.

:quagmire:

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

leonard is in a simple pine box in the ground, yes, but i was obviously referring to the meme

goats are p mischievous and smarter than me so i can accept devilish associations

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yes, and I think this is why:

:quagmire:

I love how old religions and cultures saw getting a stiffy as something bad.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

intense keets

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

it was so funny, the quails knew what the worms were and they got straight to work but the keets were afraid so they circled around and every time a worm twitched they'd all jump backward and go BRRRRT in perfect unison

:3:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Someone took a couple of bites out of that Venn diagram.

It was me! :yum:

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i love it when the neighbour drops by and i'm crouched in the dirt in my dressing gown grubbing for earthworms with zeborah the hen and her eleven handsome keets

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

i love it when the neighbour drops by and i'm crouched in the dirt in my dressing gown grubbing for earthworms with zeborah the hen and her eleven handsome keets

:3:

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i think she respects my foraging ability, she stands by while i'm digging and gives me wise looks

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

i think she respects my foraging ability, she stands by while i'm digging and gives me wise looks

What comic is your avatar from, by the way?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
it's only polite to extend your guests an offering from your harvest

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Level 2 Carnal Knowledge of a Beast (Hoofed)

• Locked thread