Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Well, it makes sense he'd have to cut out Act 7. After all, he's got to save something for the video game. See you all in 2015 when that's released!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Well, everyone was saying he'd end the comic on 4/13! It's been a hell of a ride guys, see you around :v:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So I guess the black circle means Caliborn is going to be the narrator now. He must have finally unlocked the narrative prompt.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I wonder, if this is not the end, if Hussie will just take a week off to troll everyone even more.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

It's not going to be really effective unless he also makes a news post about the end of the comic, and somehow I think he won't go that far.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

dumb brunette posted:

It's not going to be really effective unless he also makes a news post about the end of the comic, and somehow I think he won't go that far.

An effective compromise would be to start writing news posts in character as Caliborn.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Well that was fun. The ending was a little abrupt, but it was mainly a good comic. I wonder what Hussie's next project will be? I can't wait to find out.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bongo Bill posted:

An effective compromise would be to start writing news posts in character as Caliborn.

The next step in meta - having characters doing things and acting outside of the comic itself.

(considering how much Hussie loves his meta narrative, I'm actually kinda shocked this hasn't happened yet)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Bongo Bill posted:

Include Twitter and Tumblr updates on this and I'm sold.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

I'd want to hold out for a Dinosaur Comics guest strip too.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Hussie should totally use this perfect moment to silently take a nice, long, relaxing vacation.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Stole this off of tumblr

It hurts because it's true :smith:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Speaking of Tumblr, I had to go there and see their reaction given that there are plenty of gullible people there in the first place. I was not disappointed. :allears:

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The next step in meta - having characters doing things and acting outside of the comic itself.

(considering how much Hussie loves his meta narrative, I'm actually kinda shocked this hasn't happened yet)

It already has. You could get SBaHJ books signed by Dave Strider.

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I feel like I'm missing something. Why is everyone talking like this isn't the end of Act 6? The folder rather plainly explains that Act 7 comes after Act 6 Act 5 (we just put away the disc this lives on) but we just don't know how we're going to be segued into it. We're clearly just going to hit Primary Intermission 3 as there are no more Primary Acts, Sub Acts, or Sub Intermissions left to show before Act 7. I suspect we're just going to go straight into an EOA6 flash or page.

I think it's been implied in a few different ways, but this page is the most recent and blatant evidence. Each of the green curtains have a corresponding sub act, and you can see the end of year three and four text in the appropriate places. We have whatever the black hole section is and one more sub-act before act 7.

Or we would have, if the comic didn't just end. GG guys, it was fun while it lasted. :shrug:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Perpetual posted:

I think it's been implied in a few different ways, but this page is the most recent and blatant evidence. Each of the green curtains have a corresponding sub act, and you can see the end of year three and four text in the appropriate places. We have whatever the black hole section is and one more sub-act before act 7.

Or we would have, if the comic didn't just end. GG guys, it was fun while it lasted. :shrug:

Well, the 'black hole' is the spinning disc sequence we just experienced starting, so presumably after whatever this is (more Lord English backstory?) then we're right along to the final curtain.

That is, unless something changes- and that being some weird physical location probably means something will happen to it.

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

Well, the 'black hole' is the spinning disc sequence we just experienced starting, so presumably after whatever this is (more Lord English backstory?) then we're right along to the final curtain.

That is, unless something changes- and that being some weird physical location probably means something will happen to it.

That curtain will almost certainly be the last sub act of act 6, since all the curtains on that page are green, and only correspond to act 6 sub-acts. The act 7 curtains will be white, if [s]Cascade is anything to go by (or if it has curtains at all I guess)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The shittiest of twists.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JT Jag posted:

The shittiest of twists.

Seriously, Hussie is like a lovely twist genie who keeps managing to top himself.

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011

Perpetual posted:

That curtain will almost certainly be the last sub act of act 6, since all the curtains on that page are green, and only correspond to act 6 sub-acts. The act 7 curtains will be white, if [s]Cascade is anything to go by (or if it has curtains at all I guess)

They're all green, but the "End of year X" in between imply that the curtains are the end curtains for the acts. So there's the black hole where we are now and then the end of act 6 with the last curtain.
As to why act 7 doesn't get an end curtain, maybe it's because it's meant to be open ended or something.

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007

Happy Yeti posted:

They're all green, but the "End of year X" in between imply that the curtains are the end curtains for the acts. So there's the black hole where we are now and then the end of act 6 with the last curtain.
As to why act 7 doesn't get an end curtain, maybe it's because it's meant to be open ended or something.

I'm fairly certain each curtain on that page represents a sub-act of act six, so it goes from left to right - A6A1, A6A2, (end of year 3), A6A3, A6A4, A6A5, (end of year 4), Black hole [we are here], then A6A6. Intermissions don't seem to count for advancing the curtains.

I'm just saying that based on what we've seen we have whatever this bit is, one more sub-act of act 6, then the dénouement in act 7.

Abelian Grape
Oct 14, 2012
We have a newspost. A "very significant hiatus" is upon us.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Time enough for Vriskachat. Time enough for lovely Pesterchum fuckery?

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Dammit, I started reading long after Cascade and was hoping the days of long hiatuses were over. How naive I was.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Months, eh?

The end of the hiatus would be a good time to launch a new thread, I think.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cue the screaming. Including mine.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Hussie is a master of many things, and we can now finally ad 'informative HTML tables' to this list.

Now, to build the bunker.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To reach the grand finale of Homestuck, we must overcome the ultimate hiatus. This is the final test.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

While I'm sad about the upcoming ultra-hiatus, a part of me is a little excited to see just how crazy the fanbase gets. Remember the last significant hiatus? The Dark Times where even people in this very thread, this bastion of (relative) sanity, started doing things like roleplaying and unironically enjoying fanfiction?

Basically what I'm trying to say is:

i think i mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
God drat it, why didn't we collect all the loving Chaos Emeralds. Now we have to do this ALL OVER AGAIN just to get the real loving ending and the last act.

Also, i'm reasonably certain this hiatus will literally kill me. :saddowns:

Guess it's time to get our roleplays on.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I think this is going to be my first real hiatus of Homestuck; I started reading on the tail end of the Cascade production hiatus, so the most it's been for me is a week or two without updates.

Well, guess now's as good a time as any to re-read the whole thing; this time at a reasonable pace, preferably with breaks every now and then. Maybe I'll actually retain some knowledge of everything that happened in Act 5 this time.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
We should probably close the thread before we start VriskaChatting in our Squidsonas.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ugh, oh dear.

OK, we've done this before. Even besides Cascade, we had a month long wait after A6A3. No worries. We've been there.

But, well I guess I'll state the obvious. I think it was a good idea to have the thread closed while we waited for Cascade. Combine the news with 1000 pages of god drat HS discussion, I see no reason to not go the same route again.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I am genuinely terrified and distressed at the idea of months without Homestuck. Seriously, what is there even to DO.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
But I don't want to wait months! I want my Homestuck and I want it NOW!

But really, I can't say I'm surprised by any of this. Time for a proper re-read of HS, maybe Problems Sleuth as well, a bit of crying into my pillow while cursing Hussie, carving his likeness into trees and them asking them to tell me what I can expect next. You know, usual Hiatus business.

Month long waits... It's like reading Berserk!

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

Oh wow, yeah, we best close this thread down pretty soon lest we get another Cascade pause full of absurdity and Homestuck nearly getting forumbanned. It's been a while since the last major hiatus! I think I've forgotten how to deal with them. Aside from a couple long pauses in the midst of Trickster poo poo and the Act 6 Act 5 x2 arc, it's been a while since we've had a really significant pause.

See you all in June or something!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

frozentreasure posted:

I think this is going to be my first real hiatus of Homestuck; I started reading on the tail end of the Cascade production hiatus, so the most it's been for me is a week or two without updates.

Sup "First real hiatus" buddy, we are all in this together! :unsmith:

JohnnyCanuck posted:

We should probably close the thread before we start VriskaChatting in our Squidsonas.

No, I'm actually going to link desiredriven, so we can have Vriskachat as our Touhousonas :unsmigghh:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I just want to post here before Waterhaul closes this thread for months. :(

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

This is also gonna be my first big hiatus, assuming the lull of updates after Caliborn: Enter doesn't count.

Also, count me interested in that DesireDriven, especially if the art is by capn/LittleShrimp. Thanks for the link, dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I guess I'll see you on the other side. If we all make it. :smith: