Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I should still be going to sleep though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

She has the lamest bike, though.

Minowa drives a sidecar

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
"should"

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I want a yamaha and I also want Onsa to be my gf.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think I am finally probably done with dealing with work things for the night. Time to resume the engrossing story of senrans.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

well guess davincie has to post double the manga now

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rain is really comfy when you don't have to deal with it

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Everything Burrito posted:

CR has ended up with nearly everything I was planning to watch this season

Be sure to watch Kuma Miko!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

El Burbo posted:

well guess davincie has to post double the manga now

:(

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Allarion posted:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

yeah it wasn't really on my radar initially because I thought it was just another cute girl thing but I watched the OP and ED and it looks pretty good, was going to let a couple episodes come out and then watch. Kinda doing the same thing with Joker Game, I wasn't 100% sure I was interested because I don't really like war settings but hot guys in suits does go a long way to balance that out so I'll probably check it out next week too.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_Oi-9ynss

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yorknew is tense as fuuuuuuuck

i hope the surviving characters can get out of this in one piece!!! this arc is really driving home how loving terrifying the phantom troupe are

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

didn't know a motorcycle could be cute

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I see you have come across the script for Tales of Berseria

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Parallax posted:

yes_ said to post these in the surviving thread but i will not, i cannot

I'll take Onsa but I don't know what text I should have.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jarogue posted:

didn't know a motorcycle could be cute

well you were wrong. i'm glad you've learned something today

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Mill Village posted:

I'll take Onsa but I don't know what text I should have.

no text is usually better but vroom seems like a good word to have underneath that picture

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It turns out Hikage is pretty cool.

Also,

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Knorth posted:

no text is usually better but vroom seems like a good word to have underneath that picture

Yeah, that works well. Its taking a bit of time to show up for some reason.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mill Village posted:

Yeah, that works well. Its taking a bit of time to show up for some reason.

takes about 10 minutes now.

gotta evaporate it so it can go into the cloud or whatever

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I beat a 16!!!!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

El Burbo posted:

Then what reason is there for a probation, at all. That he made a second thread? Actually don't tell me any of this, he's in the NC discord if you want to talk to him there.
I tried but he shut me down before the conversation could even start so I guess that's that. Whether he wants to return is entirely up to him.

As for why he was probated, somebody made a thread Sharky didn't like, so he poo poo all over it, made a competing thread, spammed a bunch of posts, then went back to thumb his nose at the original thread, none of which is unusual for him. So I probated him, because every time I've tried to talk to him about how he comes across to some people, he's effectively told me to gently caress off - even on occasions where I've been mostly on his side or just trying to find a happy middle where everyone can be satisfied. I'm big on diplomacy and second chances, but if you're going to ignore me then my list of options comes up pretty thin.

And when I say "How he comes across to some people," I'm not talking about those guys who post like they've got a weird grudge against him. I'm not talking about Kite either, who for all his tactless and awkward complaining doesn't report half the poo poo you guys seem to think he does. I've received PMs and IMs from people who Sharky's been on friendly or at least neutral terms with, who have confided in me they feel uncomfortable around him because they feel like he's prone to bulling people to get his way, and that challenging him (or sometimes even not challenging him) means all his friends will swoop in to his defense and they just don't feel like the trouble is worth it. And before you ask, yes, some of these people post in the chat thread, though others don't.

I gassed his thread because I'm not going to reward his behavior by letting him have his way just because he throws his weight around. If you actually care about Bakuon and feel the existing thread's not up to snuff, make it better. The OP might start the thread but the posters in general steer its course. There was no need to split it in the first place.

I don't expect this post to convince anyone who's Sharky's friend to accept my reasoning, but that's my reasoning, and a single day off is not a harsh sentence by any stretch. If I made a mistake, it was in giving an unclear probation reason, but as Sharky's never really cared about my reasons I don't feel like putting in a proper one would've made that big of a difference in his reaction.

He's welcome to come back, but I'm not going to chase after him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it would've made a big difference in other people's reaction, tho

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna be honest, even though I enjoy sharkopath's antics from time to time, gassing his thread was the right call. There was and is nothing wrong with the existing thread, and if people feel it isn't amenable to whatever conversation they feel like having, they're dumb butts. Post about motorcycles in the Bakuon thread, it's fine. While Kite is often weird and inarticulate, the stupid business about Bakuon threads was the kind of thing he was talking about.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the original bakuon thread has a p. bad op and i dont think making a second thread hurts anybody, though sharky was being kind of a dick to a guy so i can see that side of the argument, even if i lol at the idea of calling it 'bullying' or 'throwing his weight around'

ops set the course of discussion and i think it's reasonable to be annoyed that a show you like has an op with a weird tone

Endorph fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 6, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Endorph posted:

ops set the course of discussion and i think it's reasonable to be annoyed that a show you like has an op with a weird tone

• Locked thread