Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

voice actors get paid poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Hell I’ll do it for $1,500

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Absolutely but hale's still union and there's a wage floor that's probably higher than 4k.

i went to a really interesting presentation from a VA who talked about a recent trend of every studio just no longer renting a recording studio, so the majority of AAA dialogue is just like recorded in people's cars and in little padded closets. This was in 2018 so I'm sure it's gotten 1000x worse in the WFH era

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

after the voice actor strike one of the things that studios have to tell voice actors now is that they are working on a game that is part of a best selling franchise because voice actors were recording hours of grunting and pain noises for games like fallout 4 and had no idea what game they were working on. the game industry is hosed up when it comes to voice acting and imo they should pay them more for their hard work kamiya pay the woman

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Tbh it makes me think Hale was happy to do it for not much money because she doesn't need the money which is extremely lovely of her specifically
I dunno man I think it’s much easier to not just make up poo poo in my mind about something I have basically no info on and getting mad at someone about it.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Maude Flanders died because Fox refused to pay for Maggie Roswell’s travel expenses. She was getting paid like $400 an episode and she asked for her flights to the studio to also be covered. Insane how little voice actors make regardless of how much money what they’re working on makes.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

I dunno man I think it’s much easier to not just make up poo poo in my mind about something I have basically no info on and getting mad at someone about it.

As a lawyer, and a professional poster, making poo poo up in my mind and getting mad about it is 90% of my time, but in this case I think I'm just the messenger.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Its Jennifer Hale dude, she has a guiness world record for being in the most games ever lol

i know her from metroid prime

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

American McGay posted:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Tbh it makes me think Hale was happy to do it for not much money because she doesn't need the money which is extremely lovely of her specifically

try thinking a bit less from now on

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

i know her from metroid prime

YUUP

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I am probably thinking + caring too much which is fail and retarded. I am a horrible loving moron who should kill himself. p0ggerz!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I am probably thinking + caring too much which is fail and retarded. I am a horrible loving moron who should kill himself.

if you kill yourself then you wont be able to play metroid prime 4

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I am probably thinking + caring too much which is fail and retarded. I am a horrible loving moron who should kill himself. p0ggerz!

all good, man?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2QyxyY5nLY&t=91s

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:catstare:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

https://files.catbox.moe/o8knp7.mp4

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hey Other Larry you can unbury your Jennifer Hale voodoo doll now.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1582442668520415232?s=46&t=8a87xGD1YXOelz3mw1X8gA

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol cool av

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Thanks jen.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

This is Gamergate 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jennifer Hale should give me $4,000.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
having to buy a new 3ds battery before i can play ace attorney 5. shouldve planned ahead :negative:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

is this guy okay? lol

can we get a homie check

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is this guy okay? lol

can we get a homie check

ya i checked in and hes all good

send him some love anyways tho

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i hope lunch meat larry is feeling better and that he is now relaxing and having fun with his nintendo switch

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is this guy okay? lol

can we get a homie check

Lol