Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Finally catching up on both seasons of the Witcher show if anyone here actually cares about old superman video game spoilers:

The bard character is loving insufferable. I cannot stand him. He's a grandstanding piece of poo poo. I used to waffle back-and-forth if, were I DnD character, would I be a bard? And no, oh god no, I hate bards. I'd be a warlock or cleric, patron Hashem, or some poo poo. I cannot stand that character. We're caught up to the episode that ends with him screaming and a broken lute sound, then a sad shot of his broken lute, and I pray that's the last we see of him and he's just dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dandelion is a ride or die bitch

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Vandar posted:

Have you seen his plans for a sequel trilogy?

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/george-lucas-episode-vii-episode-ix-1201974276/

There would have been no way this would have been good but it would have been a trip to watch.

Somehow I never caught wind of this. Holy gently caress there is no :psyboom: big enough so I will just say :psyberger::psyboom::psyduck::psypop::psydwarf: :psylon: :riot: :signings: :abrathink::bungie:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

We don't talk about Bruno is the most un-catchy song I've ever heard (I heard it today for the first time). It's the Macklemore of Disney songs.

Bonus: there is zero practical difference in all the various alleged American "styles" of BBQ. They all taste exactly the same to a normal adult human being: unpalatably sweet.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 14:30 on Feb 8, 2022

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I think "scandinavian doesn't like it" is actually a guarantee that thing is good

I wish you could sort amazon search results by one star reviews closest to the arctic circle

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I like how every picture of a donut or whatever gets 40 000 American comments about diabetes but then they all actually do get diabetes from just their regular food, not desserts, because it's literally full of sugar. (That and they call burnt-coffee-flavoured sugar water "coffee".)

e: I don't like them getting diabetes, because in the US it's a deadly disease.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why are you so obsessed with us?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Bonus: there is zero practical difference in all the various alleged American "styles" of BBQ. They all taste exactly the same to a normal adult human being: unpalatably sweet.

if they all taste identical to you, it's not because you're an adult, and you need to take a covid test friend.

PHUO: euros trying to dunk on US food is always hilarious.

my cousins from the land where you can buy packaged processed sliced brioche: ew american food is always so sweet

the same people when they come visit: oh putain can i get a second helping of brisket please?

my cousins: starbucks is just coffee soda USA so gross

my cousins in the USA: black coffee? can i at least get a latte? what is this? way too bitter.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 15:22 on Feb 8, 2022

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Had to double check the thread because it looks like there’s two different threads they’re complaining about BBQ sauce in.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I can't get over a european outside the middle of their ridiculous continent trying to dunk on food quality

Like scandinavians and brits (the same thing actually) are most of the eurogoon crowd and they're taking credit for the couple of good food countries that happen to share a land mass with them

Lol no

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I love all food. Even weird foreigner food.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I won't eat bugs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
According to this data from 2012, europe has the best food

Top 50 restaurants in the world:

Consider yourselves defeated utterly by this showing of random statistics, american scum

Here's more;

As you can see, if you tally up the European numbers there, we wreck the rest of the world when it comes to Good Food. France alone beats the entirety of USA :smug::smug:
:smug:
:smug:

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
In true European fashion, let’s all take a tire company’s word on food quality.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
French food and US food are both really good. So many yummy things. Alsace blasts it out the park by also having german stuff. The best food in the world is the merger of all of them plus west african into créole. There I said it.

*smuglords from the dickenballs of Europe choke down fermented piss shark insisting that actually no, they love it, this food is way better*

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Thai food is the best kind of food

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

South Koreans has really been killing it lately food-wise

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

hawowanlawow posted:

South Koreans has really been killing it lately food-wise

They eat corn dogs slathered in sweetened mayonnaise

I wish they would send me one

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

French food and US food are both really good. So many yummy things. Alsace blasts it out the park by also having german stuff. The best food in the world is the merger of all of them plus west african into créole. There I said it.

*smuglords from the dickenballs of Europe choke down fermented piss shark insisting that actually no, they love it, this food is way better*

Creole is hands down the best food. It’s not even a contest. Hearty, flavorful, well spiced. It’s the definition of “stick to your ribs” comfort food.

I’ve been meaning to try more Alsace dishes, but there’s no restaurants by me that specialize in it. Might just have to take a trip to France to try it out properly.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I can't eat fish so I end up just staying away from most Asian food and it sucks. :smith:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaius Marius posted:

I won't eat bugs

Same, but I will eat shrimp, the bugs of the sea

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I don't care about student debt in the US. Sure, it should be cancelled, but it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar down on the list of things that matter. I'm really really sorry your six figures of debt means you live slightly less comfortably, my six figure medical debt (unlike the debt you voluntarily took on) is like that except I didn't choose it and I'm not getting an office job out of it. Student debt is the white collarest privilegest poo poo to complain about when people talk about cancelling debts.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't care about student debt in the US. Sure, it should be cancelled, but it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar down on the list of things that matter. I'm really really sorry your six figures of debt means you live slightly less comfortably, my six figure medical debt (unlike the debt you voluntarily took on) is like that except I didn't choose it and I'm not getting an office job out of it. Student debt is the white collarest privilegest poo poo to complain about when people talk about cancelling debts.

If you think a college degree guarantees a good office job, whoo boy you are off the mark.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There are a lot of good reasons student debt matters but that is a long boring argument

Mainly the gist of why student debt should be canceled is that the us government has literally infinite money and it makes no sense for anyone to make payments to it instead of that money going toward other people

You don't have to think it's some huge justice issue. You don't have to feel sorry for debtors. Just think of it as a free way to inject a trillion and a half dollars into the actual productive economy

btw if I read that right and you have a bunch of medical debt then that sucks and it should be canceled and also the entire concept of medical debt is bonkers

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The credentials debt racket targets people whose brains haven't fully developed or have accrued experience about what those credentials are worth before saddling them with the debt, and I don't know what use it is to have poor debtors disparaging other poor debtors except to ensure that no debt on poor people is cancelled.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm pretty sure 99% of people who complain about student loan debt are also in favor of getting rid of medical debt too.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Also a lot of student debt is owned by the government so the President could just snap his fingers and dust it without even having to involve Congress or try to get a bill passed, like you would for medical debt.

But yes, forgive all debt.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

American food and beer cops a lot of undeserved flak but the coffee deserves absolutely everything it gets.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The people who complain about “trauma dumping” are just the worst. A person opening up to you shouldn’t be treated as a burden, and it’s kind of sociopathic to declare that it’s wrong and selfish to tell people your past hurts

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

thetoughestbean posted:

The people who complain about “trauma dumping” are just the worst. A person opening up to you shouldn’t be treated as a burden, and it’s kind of sociopathic to declare that it’s wrong and selfish to tell people your past hurts

I'll agree with this with the caveat that it is a burden to dump that onto cashiers or bank tellers or any other retail workers that basically have no way out of a conversation with you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Robobot posted:

I'll agree with this with the caveat that it is a burden to dump that onto cashiers or bank tellers or any other retail workers that basically have no way out of a conversation with you.

Or people who just came in the pub at 16½ straight off the bus from work and are mid-way through their first pint of the day, while you have been sat there ever since it opened at 9.

I know this isn't what they meant, but I really don't want to hear a poo poo-faced racist taxi driver* telling me how they had to lie to their son that they were dying of testicular cancer just to get to see them** while I'm trying to recover from 7½ hours of SAP.

*) But I repeat myself
**) This happened

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I mean, if you're close friends then yeah, talk about everything.

If you're my coworker that I barely give a poo poo about, then please spare me the details

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
When I worked retail I just assumed the people doing that were really really lonely and would cap them off at about 3 minutes with a "well, it was nice meeting you" and either walking away or waving over the next customer. Never had anyone get huffy or upset about it, thankfully.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's pretty easy to tell when someone just loves talking about themselves

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Everyone loves talking about themselves

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Badactura posted:

No! I'm unique in knowing I'm not special.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Badactura posted:

sounds like something someone who loves talking about themselves would say

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

hawowanlawow posted:

sounds like something someone who loves talking about themselves would say

I love it so much I post in this thread about telling people my special opinions

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Badactura posted:

I love it so much I post in this thread about telling people my special opinions

just keep the opinions under 500 words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Robobot posted:

The person I saw most recently complain about trauma dumping was complaining that a family member talked about their past complications during pregnancy

I don’t love when I’m working as a cashier and someone wants to keep talking to me but that’s usually because I have a customer waiting behind them