Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

He sorta trapped me behind a rock after I took some pot shots at him. Have some HE rounds now so I'll just blow his tracks next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

He sorta trapped me behind a rock after I took some pot shots at him. Have some HE rounds now so I'll just blow his tracks next time.

Literally never use HE. Please just take all your HE off your tanks. Any possible utility that HE provides you is more than counteracted by the times where High Explosive ammo completely fucks you over. If you're new, you simply cannot know when it's wise to use HE, so you're far better off never using it. AP damages tracks just as well as HE does.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

We just prefer Grant to Lee.

Basically this. Lee's the traitor and Grant's the guy who kicked his rear end. :colbert:

BadLlama posted:

Has WG made up their mind with what they are going to do with the IS-4 yet? I remember hearing several times they were thinking of getting rid of it.

Make it a tier 9 (again.) Fixed. :colbert:

YellerBill posted:

Someone I was recently introduced to by a mutual friend mentioned to me the other day that he plays WoT. I asked him what he thought of it and he told me how every match he drives straight into the middle in french heavy tanks and suicide scouts. This is the only way he knows how to play the game, and he quite enjoys doing it.

e: he's made it up to tier 5 after playing on and off for "months"

e2: found him https://tanks.gg/na/moistandready

Kill your friend IRL please, k thx.

The dude's got a predictably low WN8 from suiscouting in HTs, but his WR is surprisingly average. :stare:

Also, I never knew tanks.gg had a user profile thing; I actually like that one better than the others on vbaddict, wotlabs, etc.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Because grand battles don't count for any of your stats on tanks I have an 8% win rate on my gwe100 despite 3 gores medals and an average damage of 3000 in said grand battles. Lol.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Atomizer posted:

Basically this. Lee's the traitor and Grant's the guy who kicked his rear end. :colbert:
But what about Tier IV state's rights?

serious gaylord posted:

Because grand battles don't count for any of your stats on tanks I have an 8% win rate on my gwe100 despite 3 gores medals and an average damage of 3000 in said grand battles. Lol.
Yeah, I don't understand this at all. I tend to do better in Grand Battles than I do regulars in my Patton since playing conservative is a lot more rewarding.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Literally never use HE. Please just take all your HE off your tanks. Any possible utility that HE provides you is more than counteracted by the times where High Explosive ammo completely fucks you over. If you're new, you simply cannot know when it's wise to use HE, so you're far better off never using it. AP damages tracks just as well as HE does.

Alternatively carry all HE because it does more damage and has higher DPM. Please make sure you let your teammates know about this as well.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

To add to this, even if you are a bitter vet, never bother carrying HE in anything smaller than 105MM from T4-T7 and 120MM from T8+. The damage output difference is pitiful. The exception to this is the HEP / HESH and hopefully you know when and where to pen with those. Even then, I can't say that HE mechanics + RNG won't gently caress you over at some point.

HFX fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 6, 2018

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

quote:

Т-44

Decreased dispersion during movement with the T-44 suspension by 20%
Decreased dispersion during movement with the T-44M suspension by 22%
Decreased dispersion on hull traverse with the T-44 suspension by 20%
Decreased dispersion on hull traverse with the T-44M suspension by 22%
Changed the reverse speed from 20 km/h to 23 km/h
Changed the engine power of the V-54-6 engine from 680 h.p. to 760 h.p.

So is the T44 going to be pretty great with these buffs? I actually went around the T-44 because of how mediocre it was.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

RanKizama posted:

But what about Tier IV state's rights?

Yeah, I don't understand this at all. I tend to do better in Grand Battles than I do regulars in my Patton since playing conservative is a lot more rewarding.

More than half my tier 10 arty games have been in grand battles. Given both maps reward camping there's obviously more chance for high damage games in a cancer mobile. The other games have been seemingly all tier 10 on maps like kharkov or ensk.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Swedish line's been treating me well.

The turrets of the m/42 and 74 are pretty awkward, but with that depression, you can do some unholy ridge-line work, oh my loving days.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

So is the T44 going to be pretty great with these buffs? I actually went around the T-44 because of how mediocre it was.

Where can I find those notes? I tried their site but I can only find a summary of the soviet new tanks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ROFLburger posted:

Where can I find those notes? I tried their site but I can only find a summary of the soviet new tanks

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/922-release-announcement/

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Well glad to see my winrate is lower than a guy just suiscouting :psyduck:

I ground like crazy while I had the chance and got up to the T-34. And hooboy people were not kidding when they said the stock version is real bad. I can't really hurt anyone with the starting gun except *maybe* light tanks. Like the T-80 does more damage.

What sort of crew "perks" or whatever should I do anyway? I've almost got 100% on the T-80 crew, which I'm going to hold on to for now since i like it. I put the "YOU'RE SPOTTED" one on the commander.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

thanks

Mesadoram posted:

T-54 first prototype
Changed the engine power of the V-44 engine from 520 h.p. to 760 h.p.

oh hell yeah :jackbud:

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

I ground like crazy while I had the chance and got up to the T-34. And hooboy people were not kidding when they said the stock version is real bad. I can't really hurt anyone with the starting gun except *maybe* light tanks. Like the T-80 does more damage.

What sort of crew "perks" or whatever should I do anyway? I've almost got 100% on the T-80 crew, which I'm going to hold on to for now since i like it. I put the "YOU'RE SPOTTED" one on the commander.

To start on the T-34, go camo or repairs. Both are highly useful. Later you can do the whole reskill thing. The best ones outside of those are snap shot, off road driving, clutch breaking, safe stowage, whatever the radio one that increases spotting range, ramming, and BIA. Those aren't in order. Yes, most of the best skills are on the driver.

The T-34 really shines with the 57. All other guns are inferior.

ROFLburger posted:

oh hell yeah :jackbud:

Yeah it will be quite good. The T-44-100 will be even more nuts.

HFX fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 6, 2018

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

6th sense / snap shot / smooth ride / safe stowage, then camo, 57mm is the only gun to use, crazy dpm and shell speed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Swedish line's been treating me well.

The turrets of the m/42 and 74 are pretty awkward, but with that depression, you can do some unholy ridge-line work, oh my loving days.

The Swedish line taught me to be good at the game. Its probably the best line to go up if you want to be forced to learn how to work ridge lines, spotting and knowing when to push. Otherwise your games last about 3 minutes and you do no damage.

Also the Emil 2 is my fav tank in the game for how pure troll it can be when top tier so thats probably clouding my opinion a bit.

Also the T-44-100 is legit going to be OP as gently caress with those new soft stats. I think Circon said it was going to have the best accuracy of any medium in the game and be even more mobile with the engine upgrade.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

HFX posted:

To add to this, even if you are a bitter vet, never bother carrying HE in anything smaller than 105MM from T4-T7 and 120MM from T8+. The damage output difference is pitiful. The exception to this is the HEP / HESH and hopefully you know when and where to pen with those. Even then, I can't say that HE mechanics + RNG won't gently caress you over at some point.

I love pulling the RNG lever on the HEP rounds in the Blackdog. Blasting E-25's for 320 is the best thing.

Also reiterating the 57mm love for the T-34. When it's fully upgraded with at least a 100% crew it is an absolute beast and one of my favorites.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Alternatively carry all HE because it does more damage and has higher DPM. Please make sure you let your teammates know about this as well.
You should be doing that regardless of whether or not you are carrying any HE shells at all.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Poil posted:

You should be doing that regardless of whether or not you are carrying any HE shells at all.

I jokingly said that I was only carrying HE in my E-100 a long time ago and initially panicked some of my team. Then I started landing big hits on things and doing really crazy damage. I did use a single HEAT round at another heavy, but otherwise it was all HE. I adjust I was lucky that most of the enemy team was in lower armor tanks though. There was WTE-100 that I nailed for 900 damage, broke the gun and killed the gunner and commander. Really should go back in and try that again.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

quote:

When it takes too long to assign a player to a battle, the matchmaker may add extra Battle Modes to those you’ve marked. If the wait takes more than 50 seconds, you’ll enter the first available match in any mode.

lol I've only ever played assault like 3 times when in platoons run by someone who didn't disable assault mode and I'm not sure I got a loving clue where to go

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

so like exit out if the timer nears 50 seconds?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Secret Confessions of a Stat Badder - This is harder than it looks

I could not buy a loss in my Stug G. The fucker has a nearly 50% Win Rate. Worse, I was coming towards the bottom of the team list. Fortunately the player base did not let me down.

Playing on Murovanka. I had been covering the magic forest but the boobs over that side rushed over the ridge line and got slaughtered. This included our brave scmuck LaserDaveWoT. I took to the red lines and headed for the enemy cap via the West where our team was doing marginally better. That's when Laser Dave started mouthing off about how I was a bot, a lovely player and "BASE D!" while pinging the map like Neil Diamond, yeah. I took no loving notice of him what-so-ever and in the final wash up came second on exp and damage done, well ahead of Laser Dave who had a whole one(1), count them, damaging shot to his name and died in the first minute. The player base in WoT is very, very, very special (and precious).

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Should I go for the 705A first or the 430U? Also do you guys know any speculations on where the Obj 430 II will lead to?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What does: "Get behind the cap ***" mean? I was capping an enemy base at the time.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

What does: "Get behind the cap ***" mean? I was capping an enemy base at the time.

ignore pubbie chat

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

read pubbie chat and respond to all advice with "no. gently caress you."

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Hellsau posted:

ignore pubbie chat

I did and we capped it and won.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Fat Jesus posted:

lol I've only ever played assault like 3 times when in platoons run by someone who didn't disable assault mode and I'm not sure I got a loving clue where to go

I think you still need to have it enabled. It's just if you have it enabled, have just been in an assault, it'll try to put you in an other mode. This should not affect anyone who has it disabled unless :wargaming:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

Should I go for the 705A first or the 430U? Also do you guys know any speculations on where the Obj 430 II will lead to?

Go for the 705 because the rear-turreted line is at least different enough to be interesting. Also the 430 II will lead to the 430 III, duh.

I'm just going to guess that you were being told to move behind a nearby obstacle (rock, dead tank, etc.) while capping to make it more difficult for the enemy team to hit & reset you.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Aren't the asterisks stand-ins for profanity?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Aren't the asterisks stand-ins for profanity?

Go **** yourself you little *****. :colbert: I was assuming he was indeed being called a fag or something, but the context was that he was being called out for not taking cover to avoid being reset. :shrug:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I sit in the open if I'm capping to avoid the blind shots from arty into the obvious bushes/cover places.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

serious gaylord posted:

Also the T-44-100 is legit going to be OP as gently caress with those new soft stats. I think Circon said it was going to have the best accuracy of any medium in the game and be even more mobile with the engine upgrade.

Makes me sad I didn't pick it up in the original marathon, but back then it was fairly mediocre. How was I to know they would one day buff it to the moon? :sigh:

And before anyone says 'ofc, it's russian', just look at the 2nd TD line or the IS-4. I can't believe they are nerfing those TDs. Jesus.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oh boy, with this ill-planned & not-really-finished update I get to clown around and laugh in the IS again to unlock the IS-M. Sadly however I also have to tolerate the unbelievably dogshit teams that the MM gives me whenever I take the IS-3 out for a ride, now for a further 140,000 exp. on top of the remaining 40,000 required for the T-10; 42%WR so far, woo :tootzzz:

I think it's a typo. He meant to say "flag" (so you'd put a bit more distance between yourself and approaching enemies, possibly into a terrain dip or something) but amidst all the spergy excitement of being a dead spectator he managed to mong it up and call you a fag instead.

Yeah, I'm being extremely charitable by assuming he wasn't just berating you for not being dead and not playing exactly as he would have done in that situation. He was probably doing just that, because pubbies.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

THEY WANT ME

WAIT JUST A MINUTE

GERMAN "MANAGER"

TO REINFORCE THEIR "TEAM"

IN AN "OFFICE"

IN "PARIS"

:thunk:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Is it patch day today? I just opened my client and its updating everything.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Atomizer posted:

I'm just going to guess that you were being told to move behind a nearby obstacle (rock, dead tank, etc.) while capping to make it more difficult for the enemy team to hit & reset you.

Yeah that's what I assumed, but there wasn't anything except the middle like, tower thing? I thought that just becomes invisible.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I think it's a typo. He meant to say "flag" (so you'd put a bit more distance between yourself and approaching enemies, possibly into a terrain dip or something) but amidst all the spergy excitement of being a dead spectator he managed to mong it up and call you a fag instead.

Yeah, I'm being extremely charitable by assuming he wasn't just berating you for not being dead and not playing exactly as he would have done in that situation. He was probably doing just that, because pubbies.

A terrain dip is possible, although it'd be a real tiny dip. I forget exactly, but I could have left the cap and hid in a nearby bush.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

serious gaylord posted:

Is it patch day today? I just opened my client and its updating everything.

9.22, yeah.

wargaming's patch writers and translators who never actually play the game posted:

This tank is no sniper with 390 meters of view range, so you’re best off just getting stuck into battle.

It still amazes me that they go to view range as the note on what makes something a sniper, especially when 390 meters is pretty much the default for anything including scouts, it seems.

Edit:

wargaming's patch writers and translators who never actually play the game posted:

When it takes too long to assign a player to a battle, the matchmaker may add extra Battle Modes to those you’ve marked. If the wait takes more than 50 seconds, you’ll enter the first available match in any mode.

If you don't like playing assault or encounter, rip.

Strike Anywhere fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Didn't realize today was patch day and never got around to re-buying my T-10, :rip: