Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

First day back in the US and I found NECA Golden Girls at Target! Still no Dorothy, but it means they’re back out there!

If anyone sees one in the wild, let me know.

My target looked like they had a NECA container ship arrive. So much stuff, I’ll check for Dorothy for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DrChud posted:

My target looked like they had a NECA container ship arrive. So much stuff, I’ll check for Dorothy for ya.

Fantastic, thanks! :toot:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
P-Bandai emailed me to say that my Namek Bulma is delayed to next month, which is a bummer. However this Bulma came last yesterday:

She came with a lot of great accessories and hands. I might pose the figure with the Dragon Radar or Dragon Ball she came with but for now I just really like how expressive she looks like this.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, her expressions are great. But it is weird that they’re 0-3 on Bulma’s coming with any angry expressions. The Bulma *I* remember is pissed off at least half the time.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I hadn't realized they only made 3 Bulmas. I just ordered the other Dragon Ball era one (blue hair) from a high positive ebay seller who had a new one for $45.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Saw the new NECA TMNT set with Groundchuck and the bull guy today at Target. It's neat looking, but at $65 that's too rich for my blood so I passed.

I'm finding myself skipping a lot of releases lately because the prices have gone up. Unless it's a character I REALLY like, I'm not gonna spring for it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I saw SHF SSJ Goku in Target today. I passed on it because I already have the shirtless SSJ Goku, but it got me thinking.... it probably COULD stand in for a SSJ2 Goku huh? I mean the only real difference between SSJ1 and 2 is the lightning, and I guess the hair parts slightly differently...

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found a reissue Party Wagon at Walmart today. It’s only $35, saves me 415 bux over the Super7 one.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I saw SHF SSJ Goku in Target today. I passed on it because I already have the shirtless SSJ Goku, but it got me thinking.... it probably COULD stand in for a SSJ2 Goku huh? I mean the only real difference between SSJ1 and 2 is the lightning, and I guess the hair parts slightly differently...

There are a dozen customizers out there who made SSJ2 headswaps. You could grab one of those and swap it onto one of the other 2.0 Goku bodies and not have to deal with the terrible faces on that new SSJ Goku.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Tamashii event is live. Cell First Form, Android 20, and Krillin & Gohan in Saiyan armor from Namek saga figuarts all on display

gregday
May 23, 2003

poo poo what a great night. Saw Afterlife with the wife and both of us in our costumes. And then when we got home got an offer to buy the Winston I’m missing.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

I’m so happy.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Tamashii event is live. Cell First Form, Android 20, and Krillin & Gohan in Saiyan armor from Namek saga figuarts all on display

Wonder if the new game prominently featuring Cell's other forms has anything to do with that...

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

gregday posted:

Saw Afterlife with the wife and both of us in our costumes.

Rad. Who'd y'all dress as? Chris/Jill, Claire/Leon?

... was it any good? I'm a fanboy but those Anderson films were not my cup of tea.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Rad. Who'd y'all dress as? Chris/Jill, Claire/Leon?
Slimer/Slimer

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

I found a reissue Party Wagon at Walmart today. It’s only $35, saves me 415 bux over the Super7 one.

I have yet to see that one in the wild. Hopefully I'll see it and finally have it after all these years.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Xenomrph posted:

Slimer/Slimer

Yeah I was stoned and my brain switched resident evil for ghostbusters, my b.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Yeah I was stoned and my brain switched resident evil for ghostbusters, my b.

Even if it had been Resident Evil the obvious couples cosplay choice is licker/zombie dog.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I’m going as an umbrella and she’s going as a corporation.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Xenomrph posted:

Even if it had been Resident Evil the obvious couples cosplay choice is licker/zombie dog.

Barry and his magnum, the OTP

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Just LOL on Hasbro's hubris with the Haslab Rancor, the announced tiers, and the number of people backing out of it because of those lackluster announcements.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cheesus posted:

Just LOL on Hasbro's hubris with the Haslab Rancor, the announced tiers, and the number of people backing out of it because of those lackluster announcements.

What'd they gently caress up this time

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Burkion posted:

What'd they gently caress up this time

Crap stretch goals. No Rancor Keeper.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

No love for the cardboard backdrop???

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I love Hasbro's A++ trolling.

Redo an already excellent Jedi Luke (loving Walmart exclusive from two years ago).

Still re releasing their lovely Tatooine Luke while the SH Figuarts version remains a thing that exists.

I'm genuinely enjoying watching this.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'm actually really surprised the Rancor has been met with so much backlash. The stretch goals have been poo poo, but Star Wars fans seem to love buying the same figs over, and over, and over again. Thought there would be enough people who just wanted nthe drat thing.

Hope this encourages better stretch goals in the future. Also maybe have them spread out these pre-orders a bit.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The only decent announced tier is Salacious Crumb but lmao at actually backing the project at this point.

It’s also way too expensive and they’re running other HasLabs at the same time. It’s bizarrely mismanaged.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

And he's a rerelease too! Haha

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker
I think the logic most have been hanging on is "The Rancor keeper figure has always been a lovely pegwarmer, so including him as a tier goal since hes a companion piece to the Rancor only makes basic sense."

Hasbro: "Yes but how about two figures you already have (one that nobody asked us to remake after being out for only two years) carded with a coin?!"

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Maybe its just because I like Galactus more than the Rancor, but the Haslab Galactus looks way way better than the Rancor IMO

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Like I said before, doing a new high-quality Vintage Collection version of the Rancor would have made a lot more sense. It would be a much more reasonable size (and presumably, price) and would be to scale with all the other HasLab crowdfunded stuff they've done. Huge stuff is fun to think about but not everybody has room for that kind of thing. At least something like Galactus has a small footprint and takes up mostly vertcal space, you need like a 3 foot cube for the Rancor.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

And he's a rerelease too! Haha

Ahahahaha I didn’t even realize he was included with the old BS Jabba! What a joke.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ahahahaha I didn’t even realize he was included with the old BS Jabba! What a joke.

The one with Rancor is an update to that mold with knees cut in. So it is new. But lol it’s actually included in the Galaxy’s Edge creature pack they just put up for preorder.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Only the SDCC Jabba. The standard Jabba didn’t bring him.

But yeah, the creature pack brings two kowakian monkey lizards. lol

The Luke (if it even gets backed) will only be a “packaging” exclusive and will 100% be re-released with normal packaging.

Cheesus posted:

Redo an already excellent Jedi Luke (loving Walmart exclusive from two years ago).

That Luke is very much not excellent. It’s on the old, bad body and the face looked nothing like Mark Hamill. And also, yeah, was a Wal-Mart exclusive and hard to get.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Ghostbusters Afterlife spoilers but hilarious packaging

I would have perhaps considered naming it something different than "The Family That Busts Together" complete with a communal cum jar

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1462828378822782980

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Truly a land of contrasts

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Found nomad Boba, Fennec Shand and Mayfield at Target. They had the whole wave (ponda, dr evasian, leia, trooper, bib), just wanted those.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What the gently caress

Did these even go up for order???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nanigans posted:

What the gently caress

Did these even go up for order???

I don’t think so

I’ll put up some pics when I get home from work