Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I hate everything and everyone only slightly less than I hate myself.

Yes, this is Homestuck I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

pandaK posted:

Why do you say that? For the people (like me) who haven't.

A good 80% start out in as "Homestuck looks terrible" and make the exact same jokes about Act 1, the same jokes Caliborn makes here.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The good news is that now no new readers have to go through Act 1. They can just read Caliborn's great summary and have the exact same experience.

There is no bad news.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Are we going to need someone to blow the dust out of the cartridge before the story can resume

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Suaimhneas posted:

Are we going to need someone to blow the dust out of the cartridge before the story can resume

Some windy powers might be handy but I don't think it will come to that.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Suaimhneas posted:

Everyone knows those things have some sort of voodoo curse where only the owner can blow the cartridge so it works.

If ever we needed Hussie and his magnificent lips, it's now! :ohdear:

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
So is the comic back to regular updates now? I have to say I was expecting the hiatus to be much longer.

Suaimhneas posted:

Good thing we have a protagonist with wind powers.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

I hate everything and everyone only slightly less than I hate myself.

Yes, this is Homestuck I feel.

I missed you.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

:ssh: Blowing the dust out of NES cartridges never was actually about removing dust. The metallic connectors were cheap and rubbed off over time. Spitting into the cartridge while blowing created enough of a connection to make the cartridge work.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
So it turns out Caliborn has just one upped every ManVsHomestuck type live read blog ever in a single [37 page] update. Also, it was he who drew that one panel way back then!!

Well, that's fairly nice. Good to be back.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh man, I tried to load it but phone wouldn't do it for some reason. Well if the background is indicative of the flash then I can't wait!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Joke's on Caliborn. This cartridge actually runs on special stardust.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Bobulus posted:

:ssh: Blowing the dust out of NES cartridges never was actually about removing dust. The gold connectors were cheap and rubbed off over time. Spitting into the cartridge while blowing created enough of a connection to make the cartridge work.

This is both really cool to learn, and has killed some of the magic of my childhood. So thank you, I think.

It honestly feels strange to be reading Homestuck again.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Isn't that Casio thing what everyone did when they first tried out the demo button on their first keyboard? I know I did.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Triskelli posted:

Everyone knows those things have some sort of voodoo curse where only the owner can blow the cartridge so it works.

If ever we needed Hussie and his magnificent lips, it's now! :ohdear:

Cartridge dedusting is a cultural touchstone.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
HOMOSUCK.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Everyone who was cool pressed the DJ button on the school Yamahas. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n3oAtjbiO4

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

pandaK posted:

E: Also there's a dummy (?) page over here that's listed as 4/14/13.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ACT6ACT6.php?s=6&p=011111

I assumed this was the joke: this would be the next actual page, but because Caliborn wrecked the cartridge it's displaying gibberish and a broken image. Similar to the disc scratching errors when Terezi confronted Vriska.

edit: On closer inspection that page--the 4/14 that was at the end of this sequence--seems to have been removed. Huh.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Can the 'special stardust' & candy-corn cause problems worse than TRICKSTER MODE? I guess we're about to find out!

(Interesting to see Caliborn remarking on John's 'ghost'. I wonder if he understands what John has done?)

((HOW TO DRAW MANGA. Yes.))

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

And BSS breathes a sigh of frustration as it sees the MSPA Thread bounce back to the front page. :getin:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If this thread hadn't become unlocked I never would have noticed there were updates, since they aren't showing up as links on the side of the main page.

Caliborn! :allears:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I did a double take when I saw posts in this topic. Although now that I look at today's date and the last update before (4/16) I'm surprised it was only less than two months. I was expecting nearly double that.

Caliborn-drawn Caliborn is cute, especially on the pedestal. And thanks to this thread, I was half excepting him to talk about Vriska (Vriska) during the flashback, just for that reference.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's kinda crazy that it has been almost two months already. At least it feels like it hasn't been that long?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I had that same Ed Emberly book. :allears:

I'm looking forward to weeks of glitched-up Trickster Mode updates.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Another plot hole filled.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
Hussie on Caliborn tearing down Hussie as Hussie tearing down Caliborn in the instruction manual is beautiful.

As a side not, anyone interested in a few pictures from Phoenix Comic Con? During the hiatus I met Hussie and stuff.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

quote:

Looks like he was just finishing up some sort of weird tangential intermission here. Whatever it was, it clearly advanced the plot in no relevant way whatsoever.

That's for sure.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

As a side not, anyone interested in a few pictures from Phoenix Comic Con? During the hiatus I met Hussie and stuff.

Sure. I was going to ask what everyone did during the hiatus anyway. I was actually productive. Did some actual adult-person-type-stuff. Didn't get any fan-projects done, though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

I had that same Ed Emberly book. :allears:

It looks like it's a book on world-building too.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

My guess is that with the cartridge all hosed up, Caliborn's story will be out of order, providing a fine opportunity to privately return to the narrative.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Sure. I was going to ask what everyone did during the hiatus anyway. I was actually productive. Did some actual adult-person-type-stuff. Didn't get any fan-projects done, though.

I don't think talking about what we did during the hiatus is a good idea. From what i've seen, the hiatus did things to people. The hiatus is basically Internet 'Nam.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So wait... are we back? Or was this a temporary respite before another hiatus. Zoolooman's post when he opened the thread implied that at least he thinks we're going right back to "no updates".

Has Andrew said anything?

Anyway that was amazing.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Bobulus posted:

I made a bunch of Ava's Demon fans angry but that's about it. v:shobon:v

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Dorroile posted:

I don't think talking about what we did during the hiatus is a good idea. From what i've seen, the hiatus did things to people. The hiatus is basically Internet 'Nam.

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... Shitposts on fire off the shoulder of Tumblr. I watched troll genitalia discussion in the dark near the /co/ board. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain...

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I just realized we're about to (attempt to) load up Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 1. It never ends.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Oh good, we're back.

The spiral can begin anew.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... Shitposts on fire off the shoulder of Tumblr. I watched troll genitalia discussion in the dark near the /co/ board. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain...

Time to want to die?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Color Printer posted:

I just realized we're about to (attempt to) load up Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 1. It never ends.

Acts upon acts, intermissions upon intermissions, neverending! Death would be a welcome reprieve. Alas, the holy fire of Koos' posts is the only light on the horizon as we sail, eternally, into the abyss. It keeps happening.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Color Printer posted:

This will not be an Act Act Intermission. This will be an Act Act Act. There is a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I wonder to what extent any of this is meant to be understood as happening. That's always the most confusing question in this comic.