Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

How is that different from normal Evolutions? I mean, stuff like Dusknoir and Electivire only really added a few moves to the things they evolved from's repertoire, but no one's gonna say that's not a new Pokemon.

I meant specifically mega evolutions since they're in battle only and stuff (and i'd still consider them new Pokemon just that regional variants have some extra things involved in their creation). Dusnoir and Electivire and other such new evolutions or pre-evolutions are clearly new pokemon and I didn't intend to say otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Right, I was just using them as a point of comparison.

Either way we clearly agree on a fundamental level so arguing is moot. My apologies.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Gimme my dang Mega everything with Mega Z moves you can only use while mega-evolved and you get them when you visit Mega Alola.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

Gimme my dang Mega everything with Mega Z moves you can only use while mega-evolved and you get them when you visit Mega Alola.

And each Mega Charizard gets 2 distinct Mega Z moves because GameFreak knows where their bread is buttered

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Apparently, if a pokemon holding a Z-Crystal uses Transform to turn into a Mega-Evolved pokemon, it can't subsequently use a Z-Move, even though transformed-into-mega pokemon can normally make use of other items just fine.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bongo Bill posted:

Apparently, if a pokemon holding a Z-Crystal uses Transform to turn into a Mega-Evolved pokemon, it can't subsequently use a Z-Move, even though transformed-into-mega pokemon can normally make use of other items just fine.

This is some gosh darn b*llshit! My entire strategy revolves around throwing z-crystal holding Dittos and Mews at Megapokes.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Rayquaza also cannot Mega when holding a Z-Crystal. Because where's the fun in that?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Can you use a mega and a Z-move in the same match?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Agoat posted:

Can you use a mega and a Z-move in the same match?

Sure can.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

If anyone doesn't have a Target/Gamestop near them, let me know and I can go get some cards for you at some point this weekend.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Alolan Tyranitar better be a Steel/dark mecha Godzilla

Mega Tyranitar and Aggron are already Space Godzilla and Mechagodzilla respectively

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ok so why is nobody telling about the fact that they buried the good and useful o-powers system behind a random loving lottery

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dabir posted:

Ok so why is nobody telling about the fact that they buried the good and useful o-powers system behind a random loving lottery

The lottery seems to be more about unlocking the power than using it. It's probably superficial in the end.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The powers were described as items when they were being selected, that says one use to me.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Just looked again and they're definitely items. Plus when the result of the roll came up the icons next to it were identical.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good. O-powers are a crutch. You'll never become a Pokemon Master if you rely on them.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Dabir posted:

I'm still mad they hosed up the whole plaz poo poo by making everything completely random and expensive as poo poo.

Every loving game they gently caress poo poo up by making it all some archaic and unoptimized poo poo and then you get giant pictures and guides on how to not gently caress poo poo up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hustlin Floh posted:

Good. O-powers are a crutch. You'll never become a Pokemon Master if you rely on them.

this but pokemon refresh bonuses

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
in USUM Hard Mode (which it will definitely have) you will be able to pet and feed your pokemon without getting gamebreaking benefits for doing so

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hustlin Floh posted:

Removing some of the tedium of getting to level 100 for potentoal Hyper Trainings or making eggs hatch faster is anything but a crutch, if you were being serious.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'd say it is a 70%/30% split of the following happening with regional forms:
70% chance they go away forever and this was a not-Hawaii thing only
30% chance they become a Generation minus six recurring concept (i.e.; next Gen will have Gen2 regional forms; the one after that will have Gen3; etc; etc)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
sharing is caring

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i always knew that owl was a prick

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Nobody believed me when I said Rowlet was the shittiest of the SuMo starters.

BUT I loving TOLD YOU

I TOLD YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

its the best op

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's true.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dizz posted:

BUT I loving TOLD YOU

I TOLD YOU

That gif is proving you wrong pretty hard though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dizz posted:

BUT I loving TOLD YOU

I TOLD YOU

It's impressive that you took the exact opposite message from that gif

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I was talking in reference to The White Dragon, not the dumb gif

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

oddium posted:

its the best op

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

in USUM Hard Mode (which it will definitely have) you will be able to pet and feed your pokemon without getting gamebreaking benefits for doing so

can you confirm the grass type buff

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Countblanc posted:

I just want my Gliscor to stop healing its poison status every other turn. :argh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Ruggington posted:

can you confirm the grass type buff

[mario party chance timeishly]

[GRASS] [WEAK] [GHOST]

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Implement my type chart, Game Freak

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alxprit posted:

Removing some of the tedium of getting to level 100 for potentoal Hyper Trainings or making eggs hatch faster is anything but a crutch, if you were being serious.

Every post I make about Pocket Monsters is deadly serious.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

AlternateNu posted:

I just want my Gliscor to stop healing its poison status every other turn. :argh:

This actually still happens but only for poison heal mons

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
In light of the surge of wildfires Gamefreak has removed Grass' weakness to Fire, as it was considered insensitive to the victims.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

steelbook preorders come with 200 burn heals

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

steelbook preorders come with 200 burn heals

that'll last me like two days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Countblanc posted:

I'd like that, lmao.