Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
golisopod is a horseshoe crab, which is an arthropod, and it has 8 limbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Scolipede only has four, but in real life it has many more.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

actually, he's my friend

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Zore posted:

Making the game almost completely deterministic is bad imo.
why though

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Countblanc posted:

Have you heard of the giant isopod?

I was gonna find and post a picture of one but I'm about to go to sleep and I kinda don't want to have nightmares of those things.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'll help!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Caterpie has more than 6

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Golisopod the goliath isopod is indeed an arthropod, but should have 7 pairs of limbs as all isopoda do. I don't think any arthropod pokemon have the "right" amount of legs, but thats ok because 4 legs puts them squarely in the dog category.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The main reason why bug Pokémon are designed with reduced number of limbs is that Pokémon are generally more anthropomorphic then what they're based on.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Zuzie posted:

The main reason why bug Pokémon are designed with reduced number of limbs is that Pokémon are generally more anthropomorphic then what they're based on.

ultra beast that's just a ball of insect legs with an eyeball cluster in the middle, please.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

PetraCore posted:

ultra beast that's just a ball of insect legs with an eyeball cluster in the middle, please.

give it a couple of big beefy arms and we got a stew going

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
obviously this fantasy series with a bunch of animals that have magic powers needs to adhere to real world morphology

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I've been playing Silver on VC recently. I only played gold at the time long enough to beat the first 8 gyms and then sell it, because I was suddenly over pokemon (until gen 4).

The point of the story is that HootHoot is a cool owl pokemon, and I always forgot it existed. It's better than Rowlet, because it doesn't turn into an emo boy or some hooded stalker. Popplio line still the best in that gen though. And Totodile best starter overall forever.

Anyway, this concludes my updated finding in my pokemon research. Thanks for reading.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dizz posted:

Sorry but on the bug scale, spiders don't compare to Mantis, Beetles, and glitches

Nah, spiders are #1

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I have a spare Marshadow code. Only the one tho. MSPaint your least favorite mon before Monday and I'll put your name in a lotto!

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Bogart posted:

I have a spare Marshadow code. Only the one tho. MSPaint your least favorite mon before Monday and I'll put your name in a lotto!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

How can you hate that face?

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Ariong posted:

How can you hate that face?

With a passion. It evolves into something neat at least

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bogart posted:

I read this as most favorite and got done before realizing it does that still count?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Abundant Atrophy posted:

With a passion. It evolves into something neat at least

It literally has the same face. How can you hate one but not the other?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/matsuorca524/status/918649880452591616

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't believe gengar is your least favorite mon.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can't believe gengar is your least favorite mon.

:downs:

(I like Gengar, also obviously not me who drew that)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

wow i hate twitter so much it's impossible to read these in order at full resolution

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bogart posted:

Honestly, my Monferno came out much better than I thought it would. Part of me just wanted to draw Goku, but on fire, but I put some effort in instead.

You made me put effort into this, you monster.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The White Dragon posted:

wow i hate twitter so much it's impossible to read these in order at full resolution

how can you read them? theres no words!!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hrist posted:

I've been playing Silver on VC recently. I only played gold at the time long enough to beat the first 8 gyms and then sell it, because I was suddenly over pokemon (until gen 4).

The point of the story is that HootHoot is a cool owl pokemon, and I always forgot it existed. It's better than Rowlet, because it doesn't turn into an emo boy or some hooded stalker. Popplio line still the best in that gen though. And Totodile best starter overall forever.

Anyway, this concludes my updated finding in my pokemon research. Thanks for reading.

Check your data, you hosed up your analysis big time. Sincerely, reviewer number two.

HootHoot was my first ever sunny tho. Benched him agree he evolved and suddenly stopped pulling his weight.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I read this as most favorite and got done before realizing it does that still count?

I'll allow it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nth Doctor posted:

Check your data, you hosed up your analysis big time. Sincerely, reviewer number two.

HootHoot was my first ever sunny tho. Benched him agree he evolved and suddenly stopped pulling his weight.

I mean, Popplio is the best starter in S&M

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Hrist posted:

HootHoot is a good owl but cocky rich kid owl is better and I can't wait until Ash's rowlet evolves into one

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

HootHoot is a good owl but cocky rich kid owl is better and I can't wait until Ash's rowlet evolves into one

it's never going to evolve

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Countblanc posted:

Not if I have anything to say about it. :toughguy:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like when the owl thing hoots then falls asleep or falls off something.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i think it will, decidueye's been getting pushed a decent amount, similar to greninja

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bogart posted:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Probably Jolly for marshadow right? It doesn't really matter because it's literally going to sit in my box and do nothing for ever but I like to think I at least could use my 'mons for something.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Jolly seems best, yes.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

TeenageArchipelago posted:

:yeah:

Rowlet is good, Hoothoot is also good but Miles Edgebirb is the goddamn best :colbert:

Decidueye also exists I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

oh so now he gets in the loving bag