Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me

TetsuoTW posted:

There are two things wrong with this:

1) Zhuyin isn't a romanization system
2) You're still posting

And? I would think you would have lived here long enough to know that no Taiwanese--outside of the ones brave enough to teach foreigners Chinese--use a pinyin system. That's the gd point. Stop defending poorly written and erroneous drivel and start making more unfunny, crass references. Thanks, pal.

Edit: Misspelled a word.

Pandemonium fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

No matter how fast you backpedal, you'll never be able to rewind time.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Pandemonium posted:

And? I would think you would have lived here long enough to know that no Taiwanese--outside of the ones brave enough to teach foreigners Chinese--use a pinyin system. That's the gd point. Stop defending poorly written and erroneous dribble and start making more unfunny, crass references. Thanks, pal.

Have you decided to cherry pick what you can actually respond to from the deluge of useful feedback that has so generously been offered? Or is it perhaps that you have been unable to read and digest most of it? You seem impervious to even the remote possibility of learning or responding to cultural cues within this forum. Would you have us believe that you are wholly another person in your ability to respond to the cues of your local milieu, about which you profess to have unquestioned and superior insight? This alone undermines any credibility that even the naive might be willing to lend your ideological and ill informed ranting. Why are you still posting in the way that you are? Is it that you cannot help yourself? I will stick with my theory that your purpose is to feed a narcissistic appetite through conflict until a better one presents itself. Clearly it is not about the subject matter either here or in the language thread.

Your sweeping statements about both the people of Taiwan and the language, while no doubt seeming unassailable from within your bastion of delusion, are nonetheless neither unilaterally true nor even defensible. In truth, the reason you are getting the response you are, since you seem unable to process this, is that your arguments have very little to do with anything other than your own impression of what a genius you are and what an idiot anyone holding even a slightly differing view must be.

Perhaps you have an alternate theory on this?

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Sogol posted:

Have you decided to cherry pick what you can actually respond to from the deluge of useful feedback that has so generously been offered? Or is it perhaps that you have been unable to read and digest most of it? You seem impervious to even the remote possibility of learning or responding to cultural cues within this forum. Would you have us believe that you are wholly another person in your ability to respond to the cues of your local milieu, about which you profess to have unquestioned and superior insight? This alone undermines any credibility that even the naive might be willing to lend your ideological and ill informed ranting. Why are you still posting in the way that you are? Is it that you cannot help yourself? I will stick with my theory that your purpose is to feed a narcissistic appetite through conflict until a better one presents itself. Clearly it is not about the subject matter either here or in the language thread.

Your sweeping statements about both the people of Taiwan and the language, while no doubt seeming unassailable from within your bastion of delusion, are nonetheless neither unilaterally true nor even defensible. In truth, the reason you are getting the response you are, since you seem unable to process this, is that your arguments have very little to do with anything other than your own impression of what a genius you are and what an idiot anyone holding even a slightly differing view must be.

Perhaps you have an alternate theory on this?

Thanks for the laugh. You can't be serious, can you, writing such an impassioned plea to a stranger on the internet--strike that, on the SA forums?

If you think Taiwanese use a pinyin system, then I don't know what to say. Because they don't. It's actually kind of bizarre that you would think they do and speaks to a lack of understanding. Which leads nicely to this: You want to know why I don't take the vast majority of you seriously? Because you think a statement like "Taiwanese don't use a pinyin system" needs to be nuanced or speaks to my lack of understanding of this country. Of course they have signs up in lovely, whatever pinyin for streets and places and they pinyin-ize their company names and whatnot, but none of that is for their use, ya'dig? It's for foreigners. I thought you would have discovered that on your own in like the first month here. Should I have added a "themselves", would that have made it more clear? "They don't use a pinyin system themselves". Because they don't. They use zhuyin = true statement, and they don't use a pinyin system = true statement.

Also, my post was in response to this

Barto posted:

I eat stinky tofu, I must be a Taiwanese in disguise.
I also said xiexie.
But I didn't say xiexie, I said hsiehhsiesh
The tofu aunty knew I was thinking in wade-giles
not that commie bastard pinyin
She knew it
She gave me a look
She recognized how truly local I was

which is just wrong. And really just bad writing. I'm trying to help a fella out, alright?

Not sure where TetsuoTW is coming from--especially in this particular case--other than a place of deep-seated frustration. Otherwise, I don't see why he would try so hard to be a big ole jerk to the point of making stuff up and reading way too far into internet posts. But whatever. I'm having fun and learning so much.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

caberham said it best, as he usually does.

caberham posted:

Pandemonium, never stop posting in the Taiwan thread. You just need to put on a fedora and say "m'lady"

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

I read the Taipei Times review of "The Lego Movie" and I have to say they are a bunch of assholes for running that. I don't know who wrote it, but it's not important. That was a great little kids' movie and your paper took a paragraph-long poo poo on it. Not cool.

Ninja edit: Checked Rottentomatoes: 96% from critics, 91% from fans. Metacritic has it at 82%, which is still respectable. TL;DR: More evidence their paper sucks.

Edit: That's my bad. No idea why I mixed up which paper Moon Slayer worked for. They* =/= You.

Pandemonium fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 24, 2014

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Moon Slayer posted:

caberham said it best, as he usually does.

Pandemonium, never stop posting in the Taiwan thread. You just need to put on a fedora and say "m'lady"

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Pandemonium posted:

Thanks for the laugh. You can't be serious, can you, writing such an impassioned plea to a stranger on the internet--strike that, on the SA forums?

That you read my post as an impassioned plea or thought it directly had to do with what is apparently your only available topic for discourse is the difficulty. It likely does not matter, but my first few months on Taiwan were roughly 30 years ago at this point. The split in language was actually still an active controversy at that point. You have missed it by several decades, though I am sure you are entertaining yourself. It is interesting that whatever anyone says you seem to imagine that they are talking about what you are talking about, only of course they are wrong. You seem to want to deride ESL teachers for having some sort of narrow view and yet you seem incredibly limited in the breadth of an actual understanding of where you are living, beyond a kind of artificial pedantry related to your ideological views on the language. And no I am not an ESL teacher since that is predictably where you will attempt to go with this.

You are just at a sophomoric stage of understanding, during which you feel your insight as a foreigner is superior to that of any other foreigner and believe yourself lauded and revered by your native acquaintances. Don't worry, should you stay there, actively in contact with the culture long enough, or move about a bit more locally and on the planet, it should pass.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 24, 2014

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

It doesn't surprise me that you sneer at empathy.

quote:

Not sure where TetsuoTW is coming from
Of course you aren't. Because you're an rear end in a top hat.

Pandemonium posted:

I read the Taipei Times review of "The Lego Movie" and I have to say you are a bunch of assholes for running that. I don't know who wrote it, but it's not important. That was a great little kids' movie and your paper took a paragraph-long poo poo on it. Not cool.
1) Wrong paper
2) Oh no, opinions!
3) You're still an rear end in a top hat.

In short:

Sogol posted:

You are just at a sophomoric stage of understanding, during which you feel your insight as a foreigner is superior to that of any other foreigner and believe yourself lauded and revered by your native acquaintances. Don't worry, should you stay there, actively in contact with the culture long enough, or move about a bit more locally and on the planet, it should pass.
This guy (I presume) knows the score. I've seen people like you come and go over the years more times than you've seen other people. Let me drop a hint: none of your "insights" are. They are not original. They are frequently barely even true. You're at that stage where you've been here longer than most of the other expats you meet, and this makes you think you're hot poo poo. You're the senior guy there, you're a veteran! In reality, you don't know even half what you think you do. None of us do. Being an adult means understanding that. Also you're an rear end in a top hat.

Alternatively:

caberham posted:

Because you're an rear end in a top hat.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 24, 2014

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

I read the Taipei Times review of "The Lego Movie" and I have to say you are a bunch of assholes for running that. I don't know who wrote it, but it's not important. That was a great little kids' movie and your paper took a paragraph-long poo poo on it. Not cool.

Ninja edit: Checked Rottentomatoes: 96% from critics, 91% from fans. Metacritic has it at 82%, which is still respectable. TL;DR: More evidence your paper sucks.

You heard it here first: the DPP hates Lego.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Sogol posted:

That you read my post as an impassioned plea or thought it directly had to do with what is apparently your only available topic for discourse is the difficulty. It likely does not matter, but my first few months on Taiwan were roughly 30 years ago at this point. The split in language was actually still an active controversy at that point. You have missed it by several decades, though I am sure you are entertaining yourself. It is interesting that whatever anyone says you seem to imagine that they are talking about what you are talking about, only of course they are wrong. You seem to want to deride ESL teachers for having some sort of narrow view and yet you seem incredibly limited in the breadth of an actual understanding of where you are living, beyond a kind of artificial pedantry related to your ideological views on the language. And no I am not an ESL teacher since that is predictably where you will attempt to go with this.

I shouldn't really need to say anything more than this: you have ham-handedly made a number of conclusions about me, a person you know nothing more about than what a handful of internet posts on a comedy forum provide, and that is pathetic. More pathetic than having bitch fests about traditional vs. simplified characters. Or looking down on ESL teachers.

But I can't help myself. So, here we go. That you would even assume that Chinese is my only available "topic for discourse" (terrible wording, btw) speaks to either a) your inability to grasp that someone would try to limit themselves in a Taiwan thread to things at least loosely related to Taiwan or b) an example of a gross misjudgment in the very first sentence of your post. Your subsequent reading of my view of ESL teachers is also grossly misinformed. Where in the world did you pull out that bit about me saying ESL teachers have a "narrow view"? Just stop jumping to conclusions based on internet posts, please and thank you. I think they are naive and cute if they think they have a "cushy" job because those days are ending in Taiwan. ESL teacher salaries have been stagnant for probably a good decade, and now they seem to be dipping lower and lower (Hello, $550 / hr at Hess). Not to mention the fact that more and more Taiwanese are taking / being given ESL teaching jobs (although that is fraught with its own set of problems). Oh, let's not forget the birth rate here is poo poo and student enrollment is on a steady downward trend. Oh, and don't forget that ESL teaching here is largely unproductive and "teachers" are little more than Caucasian faces Taiwanese bosses can attach to their enterprises to convince ignorant Taiwanese parents said enterprise is legit and will teach their children how to be gd English wordsmiths. :rolleyes:

If I were to do the same thing to you that you have done to me, I would say you seem to be attempting to come across as a well-written, well-read individual yet your writing comes across more as awkward, clunky verbiage and suggests more of a thesaurus warrior-type than a real, bona fide intellectual. Also, you have traded level-headedness, clarity, and any attempt at making a point for ridiculous conclusion-jumping, assuming, and pigeon-holing. See above paragraph for examples.

Also, I don't know what split you are referring to? Chinese and Taiwanese? How does that have anything to do with what I posted? Please stop reading too much into internet posts, thanks.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Can you tell me how you managed to get your head so far up your own rear end?

e: Also, why do you hate ESL teachers so much?

sub supau fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Feb 24, 2014

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pandemonium posted:

I shouldn't really need to say anything more than this: you have ham-handedly made a number of conclusions about me, a person you know nothing more about than what a handful of internet posts on a comedy forum provide, and that is pathetic.

But I can't help myself either. So, :words:
Your posts are so much easier to read in a condensed format, hope this helps.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
It's great that this recent string of posts was triggered by him replying to an obvious joke with a serious reply about how Taiwanese wouldn't think about Wade-Giles and then criticizing the dude's writing.

Of course I'm sure he'll backpedal and say that he knew it was obviously a joke, but that it's his duty to call out bullshit on these forums or whatever the gently caress he says in those super long posts that he somehow finds time to write in between getting laid and getting compliments from tea shop girls and taxi drivers.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Soak up those compliments while you can. When/If you leave Taiwan like I did, you'll be wondering where your random and often unfounded praise went.

I politely requested my wife to call me 'shuai ge' at least once a week, to remind me of the good times.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Pandemonium posted:

But I can't help myself.

Indeed.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Sogol posted:

Indeed.

Oh, how quaint. I directly addressed your ridiculous post and your response is a little quip. Good one. Thanks for not engaging at all. Should we choose another topic for discourse in the Taiwan thread? How about medieval Christian monasticism? Or how about how much of an idiot D. T. Suzuki was? Or the history and interaction of the two main schools of Japanese Zen, Rinzai and Soto (maybe we can throw in the late-arrival Obaku school, too)? Or should we discuss Kierkegaard, Heidegger, Sartre and all those wonderful European philosopher dudes who dabbled in existentialism? Or maybe you want to talk about reader-response theory, like Wolfgang Iser's gestalt theory or Stanley Fish's work with "Paradise Lost"?

Pocket Chomp posted:

It's great that this recent string of posts was triggered by him replying to an obvious joke with a serious reply about how Taiwanese wouldn't think about Wade-Giles and then criticizing the dude's writing.

Of course I'm sure he'll backpedal and say that he knew it was obviously a joke, but that it's his duty to call out bullshit on these forums or whatever the gently caress he says in those super long posts that he somehow finds time to write in between getting laid and getting compliments from tea shop girls and taxi drivers.

My original response was also tongue-in-cheek, thank you. TetsuoTW had to make it serious business with his "Zhuyin is not a romanization system" post that completely missed the point of my original post. So blame him.

And super long? 3 paragraphs is super long? Have you been so affected by Twitter and Facebook that you can't read a few paragraphs. Or is it just more fun to pretend to read a post and then try to make a cute joke?

Magna Kaser posted:

A Taiwanese middle schooler would probably know when to use 顿号 as opposed to a 逗号 but s'not bad.

I missed this one earlier. Well color me surprised. Another perfect example of why I am unable to listen to what people post here.

Just asked and got a lesson from three Taiwanese friends on Facebook. I have always used 逗號. I had a hunch Magna was wrong, and guess what, I was right. Allow me to share: 頓號 is the word for commas used in lists. Like apples 頓號 bananas 頓號 oranges. 逗號 is the word for commas used to separate clauses, which are the commas I was using in my Chinese posts. Check again. You know, all those sentences where I used 因爲,所以,而且 to separate clauses, they are separated by 逗號 (while the words in this sentence are separated by 頓號). QED You're wrong. And even if you were right, that is some ticky-tack nonsense to criticize about someone's Chinese.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Let's do something more worthwhile than misread my posts and laugh at this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNaDvAYC0Jw

His whole channel is just as cringe-worthy. Besides his ridiculous rapping, he has the hallmark of all lovely ESL teachers: whiteboard(s) covered top to bottom with English. I had a nice guffaw when I found this.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pandemonium posted:

Another perfect example of why I am unable to listen to what people post here.
...and this explains your posting perfectly.

That, along with crippling :spergin:.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

duckfarts posted:

...and this explains your posting perfectly.

That, along with crippling :spergin:.

How are you missing this? The dude nitpicks my Chinese to a seriously juvenile extent and is wrong to boot. I am allowed to have my moment. Also, I turned that moment into a nice little Chinese grammar lesson. Seriously, you should work on your manners.

(No Q on the grammar lesson, by the way.)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

Oh, how quaint. I directly addressed your ridiculous post and your response is a little quip. Good one. Thanks for not engaging at all. Should we choose another topic for discourse in the Taiwan thread? How about medieval Christian monasticism? Or how about how much of an idiot D. T. Suzuki was? Or the history and interaction of the two main schools of Japanese Zen, Rinzai and Soto (maybe we can throw in the late-arrival Obaku school, too)? Or should we discuss Kierkegaard, Heidegger, Sartre and all those wonderful European philosopher dudes who dabbled in existentialism? Or maybe you want to talk about reader-response theory, like Wolfgang Iser's gestalt theory or Stanley Fish's work with "Paradise Lost"?
Are you as clueless and smug about them too?

quote:

My original response was also tongue-in-cheek, thank you. TetsuoTW had to make it serious business with his "Zhuyin is not a romanization system" post that completely missed the point of my original post. So blame him.
Apparently you do not understand what "tongue in cheek" and "serious business" mean.

quote:

And super long? 3 paragraphs is super long? Have you been so affected by Twitter and Facebook that you can't read a few paragraphs. Or is it just more fun to pretend to read a post and then try to make a cute joke?

I missed this one earlier. Well color me surprised. Another perfect example of why I am unable to listen to what people post here.

Just asked and got a lesson from three Taiwanese friends on Facebook. I have always used 逗號. I had a hunch Magna was wrong, and guess what, I was right. Allow me to share: 頓號 is the word for commas used in lists. Like apples 頓號 bananas 頓號 oranges. 逗號 is the word for commas used to separate clauses, which are the commas I was using in my Chinese posts. Check again. You know, all those sentences where I used 因爲,所以,而且 to separate clauses, they are separated by 逗號 (while the words in this sentence are separated by 頓號). QED You're wrong. And even if you were right, that is some ticky-tack nonsense to criticize about someone's Chinese.
No one cares.

Pandemonium posted:

His whole channel is just as cringe-worthy. Besides his ridiculous rapping, he has the hallmark of all lovely ESL teachers: whiteboard(s) covered top to bottom with English. I had a nice guffaw when I found this.
Man, for someone who doesn't like criticizing other people's jobs, you sure do it a loving lot.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 24, 2014

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I'm pretty sure Pandemonium has Taiwanese friends because they can't fully understand what he says.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
漂亮的中文, 感覺很新
金口一開,就滿地黃金。
賣菜阿嬸,的士阿叔,
網上吧打,都很驚訝:
為什麼Pandemoinum
正是人渣?

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
I went to an event this weekend, and there was some douche baggy guy monopolizing a bunch of people's time talking about writing magazine articles. He was wearing this hilarious blazer + Mr. Bean crew cut.

I think you all know where I'm going with this.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

I confess I have been trying to decide whether your inability to interact with people or have any sense of how you are being related to is conscious or unconscious.

I have decided that it is both strategic and conscious. You have used several hackneyed defenses of your inability to actually relate to other human beings, or even notice that you are not effectively relating to them. This means you know it is happening.

The first is the "SA Comedy Forum" defense. The thing is, you are not actually funny. Not intentionally at least. You are an incredible straight man though. If you knew that, then you might also actually be funny occasionally.

The second is the dismissal of what anyone in such a forum might possibly have to say or offer. It's the "don't take it so seriously" schtick after you have gone on more or less abusively, with great seriousness for pages at a time in both this forum and over in the language forum about your own shallow ideology and the manifest ignorance of everyone else. Now, when anyone actually calls you on your schtick you say in effect "What does it matter? It's the internet and the people I am lecturing to are poo poo." You are often more passive-aggressive than this though saying things like "thanks for the laugh" when you are not laughing.

As far as I can tell from post history and lurking these threads there is not one place where you seem to actually engage another human being humorously or otherwise. You also don't seem to be able to hear this when it is suggested subtly or overtly. Instead you seem to use such occasions as a reinforcement of how clever you must be what idiot shits you have stumbled across on the internet.

Have you noticed that some people actually want you to keep posting? Do you think that is due to your elegant prose, humor or sagacity? It's not. It is because you are a living cartoon of yourself and incapable of even seeing something about that when it is directly pointed out to you.

It is bordering on incredible that you don't have a sense of why some random stranger might suggest that you seem to be limited in your range of topics. You blew up in both this thread and the language thread over everyone else's benighted views of the language and culture. The actual topic, to which you return again and again, in almost every post, is how brilliant and insightful you are and how ignorant and benighted literally everyone else in the thread is.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Let's get real for a second. You are the most dismissive person in this thread. I at least have the courtesy to tell people how and why they are wrong. You are full of trite, often venomous and boring one-liners. I corrected Magna Kaser's juvenile critique of my Chinese and your response is "no one cares". Before that I had a go at Barto's FOB-erific "poetry". I'm glad you don't care. But why even post that? If you and the others in this thread are so 工和 (gung-ho) about jumping on my posts, you can at least have the courtesy to acknowledge when I am correct / you are wrong. Every time this happens, you seem to think a quick one-liner is all that's necessary. I am going to call 犯規 on that. Such poor etiquette.

Barto posted:

I went to an event this weekend, and there was some douche baggy guy monopolizing a bunch of people's time talking about writing magazine articles. He was wearing this hilarious blazer + Mr. Bean crew cut.

I think you all know where I'm going with this.

I don't write for magazines. Those deadlines are killer and probably go a long way toward explaining the overwhelming lack of quality. I also don't own a blazer. I also don't talk about my job in person too much because people have a tendency to get tot'z jealous (foreigner and Taiwanese alike). (SOGOL THIS LAST SENTENCE IS A JOKE, OKAY? I AM BEING FACETIOUS.)

Sogol posted:

Psychological Profiling

Let's get serious again. I appreciate how serious you take internet posting. I don't. You are right, though. I have not really tried to be funny, mostly because it's really, really hard to be funny in writing. The delivery of every joke is lost. And delivery is everything. I think an outsider reading all of the recent posts in this thread would attest to that. Choose whatever pejoratives you want for my posts, but I think TestuoTW's terse, venomous posts would also not fair well, yeah? Something about "giant douchebag" and "stare in a lake until you die" come to mind. Re: disregarding what people have posted: So, as per the Magna Kaser 逗號 頓號 example, I am supposed to graciously accept wrong, ticky-tack criticism, criticism from someone who apparently has little real-world experience with Chinese (鐘頭 and 您貴姓)? No thank you.

Sorry, but I am actually laughing. Honestly. That was not meant to be passive-aggressive at all. When you pop into this thread and try to create a psyhcological profile of me, I can't help but laugh. The only other option I can see is intense sadness, sadness that you are spending your latter years involved in constructing people's personalities out of internet posts. Again, you have reached your conclusion based on a handful of posts across two threads. You're not working with a lot of material. Also, I'm still trying to figure out where you got that bit about me saying ESL teachers have narrow views. Or that I have limited range of topics I can discuss. Or the split in languages. All of that came from totally out of left field. Way, way out there. Instead of doing further work on your psych profile of me, perhaps you could address those?

Anyway, this thread was dead as dead before. Just a bunch of dudes checking in on whether or not there would be a poker night. Look what we've got now: a vibrant thread full of such learning and mud-slinging. I pass on to you what my Taiwanese friends taught me about 逗號 and 頓號 and why I was right and Magna Kaser was wrong and you roll your eyes and try to make Magna the victim.

P.S. Sogol, you seem to have this impression of this dynamic at the moment as existing in simply one direction. That is, I am being a mean ole curmudgeon and raining on people's parades while everyone else is carrying on in an appropriate, civilized manner. Well, it's in both, and I hope you can see that. No one in this thread can lay claim to any form of high ground. And that's okay. Because this is not a gd public forum or well-behaved conference.

I'm fine being a pariah in here, though. Makes things (sometimes) interesting.

Edit: Added a word.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

Let's get real for a second. You are the most dismissive person in this thread. I at least have the courtesy to tell people how and why they are wrong. You are full of trite, often venomous and boring one-liners. I corrected Magna Kaser's juvenile critique of my Chinese and your response is "no one cares". Before that I had a go at Barto's FOB-erific "poetry". I'm glad you don't care. But why even post that?
OK I guess I'll explain a couple of things. First, I'm dismissive of you because you're an rear end in a top hat. Second, you don't tell people "how and why" they are wrong, you tell people that they are wrong and don't even see the difference. Third, Barto's post was a joke and you're a huge loving sperglord for not getting it.

quote:

Sorry, but I am actually laughing. Honestly. That was not meant to be passive-aggressive at all. When you pop into this thread and try to create a psyhcological profile of me, I can't help but laugh. The only other option I can see is intense sadness, sadness that you are spending your latter years involved in constructing people's personalities out of internet posts.
Empathy really is an alien concept to you.

quote:

Also, I'm still trying to figure out where you got that bit about me saying ESL teachers have narrow views. Or that I have limited range of topics I can discuss. Or the split in languages. All of that came from totally out of left field.
That's because you're bad at people.

quote:

I'm fine being a pariah in here, though. Makes things (sometimes) interesting.
Could you try being one somewhere else? I'm sure it'll be an easy transition. Maybe go there and post a big ol' list of things you think make you sound smart.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 24, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Pandemonium posted:

Post hoc rationalizations for being a stooge.

I found the entire narcissism theme, stimulated by your long post in Chinese, very funny. It was even funnier when you didn't get it at all.

You have ignored most of the funnier responses that reflect back your posts. Of course they don't seem funny to you, which is the point really. I don't think you even understand why they might be funny to someone else. You're not funny.

Testuo does not respond that way to everyone. Just you. "Why me?", you might ask, which would be a good question. Hint: the answer has nothing to do with some quality of singular brilliance on your part as hard as that might be for you to grasp.

How you can maintain that you are consciously contributing to the quality of the thread is a mystery. You are contributing by being an unwitting stooge. You set 'em up over and over again. Your posts give people something to laugh at... and not because you are intentionally funny.

You have gone on for pages here about your superior knowledge of... Well, almost anything the thread touches upon, but of Taiwanese culture in particular. You went on for pages about the corruption of the Chinese language at the hands of the ignorant over in the Language thread. That is specifically about the "split" and you obsessed over it. The way you approach these things it wouldn't even matter if you were randomly "right" in some rarified and pedantic way. That you cannot correlate such comments or responses to your own actions is stunning.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

caberham posted:

漂亮的中文, 感覺很新
金口一開,就滿地黃金。
賣菜阿嬸,的士阿叔,
網上吧打,都很驚訝:
為什麼Pandemoinum
正是人渣?

That's a wonderful poem.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
Now let's talk about the yellow duck.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

e: I like ducks more than that chengyu I wrote. Is the Taipei duck ok?

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 25, 2014

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
I think so.
I bought it some 檳榔.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Barto posted:

I think so.
I bought it some 檳榔.

Bring it some hot water.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Haha, Pandemonium is racking up some of the best probation reasons on his rap sheet.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Pandemonium posted:

No one in this thread can lay claim to any form of high ground. And that's okay.

That's where you're wrong :smug:

Once again, not giving a poo poo triumphs over being opinionated.

poetrywhore
Oct 4, 2002
I just remembered SA lets you ignore users! Perfect. I'd like to invite all of you to my beautiful Panda Moaningham-free world.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If any of you were keeping score I solved my packing issues by... Asking the aquarium store to pack it for me. :downs:

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~
I KNOW WHAT JOKES ARE, bellows Pandemonium from atop his 20 ft. tall steel robot.

I GOT IT, BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY TAIWANESE he tries in vain to convince people as his robot continues to destroy houses and crush people underneath its tread.

I KNOW I ORIGINALLY SET THIS ROBOT UPON YOU ALL AFTER I TOOK A JOKE SERIOUSLY, BUT LET ME CONVINCE YOU THAT IT WAS ALL A CLEVER RUSE.

His face begins to crack like porcelain and pieces begin to fall off into the chaos and hellfire below. His robot features showing, he stands up off the robots shoulder and whispers into its ear "wade giles" before a single tear forms on his eye, setting off a malfunction that causes a small fire on his face. 20 minutes later he is but a small, molten black mound on the robots shoulder still smoldering from the heat.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hey.
Hey.

You like rap?

It's the motherfuckin' Ghostface Killah and Raekwon the Chef live in Taipei y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Time to come to Taiwan.