Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'm so tempted to buy some stones after rolling 11 times and not getting him but I know that's a slippery slope and while he looks neat/is pretty strong chances of getting him are kinda slim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Servaetes posted:

I'm so tempted to buy some stones after rolling 11 times and not getting him but I know that's a slippery slope and while he looks neat/is pretty strong chances of getting him are kinda slim

His buffkit is weird. Like.... His Leader Skill is a weaker version of Terry's damage reduction (15% instead of 20% chance) and Juno's 20% Angel Idol chance. His BB/SBB is a weird combo of Noah's gimmicky damage, Phoenix's lovely Angel idol buff (10% chance), and Melord/Alice's Conversion Buffs. His only real place to shine is in Colosseum as a leader because his LS doesn't offer any type of BC management or damage upgrade that would be useful for "hard content". Juno's still a better second strike leader (BC on Hit on her LS helps allow your team to fire off BB on their first turn).

He's not groundbreaking by any means, and yeah his artwork and lore is pretty cool (as I mentioned earlier). But.... you could really live without him.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Poala Bear posted:

His buffkit is weird. Like.... His Leader Skill is a weaker version of Terry's damage reduction (15% instead of 20% chance) and Juno's 20% Angel Idol chance. His BB/SBB is a weird combo of Noah's gimmicky damage, Phoenix's lovely Angel idol buff (10% chance), and Melord/Alice's Conversion Buffs. His only real place to shine is in Colosseum as a leader because his LS doesn't offer any type of BC management or damage upgrade that would be useful for "hard content". Juno's still a better second strike leader (BC on Hit on her LS helps allow your team to fire off BB on their first turn).

He's not groundbreaking by any means, and yeah his artwork and lore is pretty cool (as I mentioned earlier). But.... you could really live without him.

He's an ideal sub-unit for any hard content. He has insta-fill bb gauge/OD bar, strong stat buffs, a dark barrier, and he has an insane ubb. Its ability to mitigate 100% damage for 2 turns is pretty op.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

burntpork posted:

He's an ideal sub-unit for any hard content. He has insta-fill bb gauge/OD bar, strong stat buffs, a dark barrier, and he has an insane ubb. Its ability to mitigate 100% damage for 2 turns is pretty op.

Said UBB also has a 70% chance to revive dead units. :eng101:

burntpork posted:

I'm leaning towards..
30% HP
50% Def
50% Atk
Atk buff on SBB
Def buff on SBB
Negate elemental damage

I don't think the SP options to increase the stat conversions are worth it tbh. It's usually only a 10% difference.

:retrogames:

I'm slightly tempted to do atk/def on BB since his SBB costs are enough that in hard single target fights it might not be up often enough. Getting the OD fill rate buff is still tempting but I need to check Rozalia and my other OE and top-tier 7* units to see if it'd be worth it or if the buff's common enough to not bother. I'm probably going to put together some team that includes Galtier/Krantz/Rozalia/Ciara with the last unit/leader TBD. Galtier and Ciara would overlap on buffs like atk but they wouldn't always be together either in theory. Even going from 70% to 80% on the atk/def conversions could still be really powerful too, especially on Galtier when they have their atk/def/rec self buffs and atk/def/rec from other units if they both stack.

I might pull the 20% stats, +bb atk, +bb gauge elgif off of Sakura Miku for him instead of using Godly Roar or one of the other 40k MP elgifs to help with that a bit too. Though Rozalia can BB/SBB every turn for 10BC in addition to the BC on hit.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Karma dungeon is up with 1/2 energy and 2x exp. I'm working with Zeruiah (lead) + Gabriela (Delusion Device + Illusion Gizmo) along with any exp friend leads. Each run is netting me around 40k exp for only 15 energy. :stare:

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Was 457 when I started at midnight; 11 hours later 464. I want to hit 500 before this event ends since that's the announced cutoff on the level up campaign.

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 31, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There's a super-special Elgif for level 999. Can't remember what it does though.

e: wait, no, that's 900, 999 is a sphere that does this:

quote:

150% boost to all parameters, 25% boost to critical hit rate, 100% boost to critical and element damage, 200% boost to normal BB Atk, 300% boost to SBB Atk, 500% boost to UBB Atk, adds all elements to attack, 100% boost to damage against status afflicted foes, +1 to each normal hit with 50% damage penalty, 50% boost to OD gauge fill rate, 50% chance to ignore Def & 150% boost to Spark damage

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

McDragon posted:

There's a super-special Elgif for level 999. Can't remember what it does though.

e: wait, no, that's 900, 999 is a sphere that does this:

Sometimes I come across posts from the ultrawhales who hit max level and max arena rank. Their unit stats are obscene to say the least.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sometimes I come across posts from the ultrawhales who hit max level and max arena rank. Their unit stats are obscene to say the least.

There's a whale in JP that has hit max Arena rank like... 5 or 6 times. (Yeah you will recollect all the arena rewards in the process). Needless to say, facing a team that has 5 Sky Orb'ed units sounds harrowingly evil.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Wish I'd started autobattle farming at midnight, instead of 'only' 8 hours ago. Forgot to note what rank I started at but I'm hoping to hit 500+ before it ends, though that's 60+ ranks away so it's iffy.

Poala Bear posted:

There's a whale in JP that has hit max Arena rank like... 5 or 6 times. (Yeah you will recollect all the arena rewards in the process). Needless to say, facing a team that has 5 Sky Orb'ed units sounds harrowingly evil.

They'll also have multiple copies of the super orbs you can craft by combining multiple arena orbs or arena+raid orbs for further murderous power.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Tazer and Kanon are the next legacy OE units.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I've gone from lv. 257 to lv. 315 since super karma dungeon began. I didn't realize my fire tablet had a developer mode, so I ended up losing a couple of hours of exp because it would go into auto-sleep.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 2, 2016

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Holy BALLS.... the elgifs from the ticket bundles.... What the fuuuuuuuck

quote:

B. Anniversary Bundle 2
Price: USD 16.99
Summon Tickets: 8 (bonus +1)
Bonus: 1 Global Exclusive Elgif - Brave Reckoning (35% boost to Atk, Def, Rec when BB is above 50%, 35% boost to Max HP and boosts BB gauge when attacked (2-3 BC)

quote:

C. Anniversary Bundle 3
Price: USD 34.99
Summon Tickets: 18 (bonus +2)
Bonus: 1 Global Exclusive Elgif - Brave Jubilation (35% boost to all parameters, boosts damage reduction rate and negates all status ailments)

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Poala Bear posted:

Holy BALLS.... the elgifs from the ticket bundles.... What the fuuuuuuuck

Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed I can't really afford to blow some money on those cause getting a bunch of extra pulls to chase Galtier on top of those would be nice. Oh well.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Those elgifs look stupidly strong.

I'm just glad they put up the new tiers of rewards for levels and daily points. I'm probably just gonna use the rewards to roll a bunch of times and not get Galtier and feel like I wasted everything.

SKD is going well, I've gone from level 428 to level 454 so far.

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 2, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rank 464 and counting.

The Elfgifs in those bundles are completely bonkers but still not enough to convince me to spend money on the game again. Especially since I already have Galtier. :v:

Brave Jubilation could be truly insane depending on how the damage reduction part actually works.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Rank 464 and counting.

The Elfgifs in those bundles are completely bonkers but still not enough to convince me to spend money on the game again. Especially since I already have Galtier. :v:

Brave Jubilation could be truly insane depending on how the damage reduction part actually works.

I hear it only mitigate damage when guarding. Also, gently caress those p2w elgifs.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

gently caress. Updated and I lost all 50 of my friends and I can't summon anything at the gates. All the fixes I've found actually delete all of your poo poo.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Pandasmores posted:

gently caress. Updated and I lost all 50 of my friends and I can't summon anything at the gates. All the fixes I've found actually delete all of your poo poo.

Your data should be fine if you have your account linked to Facebook.

I don't know about the friends list bug, but I did have that summon gate bug. I fixed it by reinstalling the game.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 4, 2016

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Pandasmores posted:

Make sure you connect your Facebook account. Even if you don't use Facebook, or have one, make one specially for games. Don't make the account obviously fake because it might get deleted as spam. There's a lot of mobile games that use Facebook to sign in and to use cloud saving for accounts.

Once you've done that, you could simply delete the app, and redownload it. Or clear the app data and refresh the game contents.

In other news, SHS and SFRU are active, but who cares with SKD going on.

Speaking of which.... I hit level 500! Woooooo 499 more to go.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Brave Exvius collab incoming.

Guess that explains why Brave Exvius skipped the Brave Frontier collab until now as well, since they'll have both collabs running at the same time in both games.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

It's cute to run em both but it kinda sucks I blew out like 55 stones trying to get Galthier so now I'm bone dry

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Super karma dungeon is over. I went from 257 to 452. I can finally start doing some new content.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.
Is anyone brave enough to create a new OP with actual current info?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So Rain is literally a beerslam of OE Ark, any given tri-stat unit, and Krantz. Mitigator, ATK/DEF debuffer, ludicrous LS, and Def->Atk conversion. All he's missing is Crit/Spark buffs, elements, and status cleansing. God drat it, Gimu.

EDIT: And Fina looks basically like Tilith But Now In An Even Better Bullshit Limited Time OE Form, loving hell. :catstare: They got real touchy about the claims of useless LEs, didn't they?

I may be just about done with this game; I didn't even burn much battery on super karma dungeon this last week.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 10, 2016

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
I think one of the things that makes me happy with skipping some of these rare summons is that all the content that these new units can be used in... Can be cleared with units from 3-5 batches ago (sometimes even with OE starters).

Plus, we can't even use OE units in the 3rd arc... Yet.

In other news, the FFBE Vortex is out. Level 3 is a dick.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah what the hell is up with that Veritas fight? Gotta love a boss that if you don't do the exact right things you're hosed because of guaranteed kill moves he uses constantly while taking maybe 10-15% damage from a massive nuke squad.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah what the hell is up with that Veritas fight? Gotta love a boss that if you don't do the exact right things you're hosed because of guaranteed kill moves he uses constantly while taking maybe 10-15% damage from a massive nuke squad.

From what I read and observed he seems to use it based on how many BBs you use in a turn. I beat him without him using it once by making sure I only used two per turn and just had everyone else regularly attack.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
And the good thing is the only reason to do the L3 fight is for a gem. All the materials that are required for Charlotte's Omni form can be farmed from the L1 and L2 vortexes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

LornMarkus posted:

From what I read and observed he seems to use it based on how many BBs you use in a turn. I beat him without him using it once by making sure I only used two per turn and just had everyone else regularly attack.

God, what an awful design. Maybe I'll try it again for the gem and then go farm the lvl 2 for mats for Charla and her sphere.

So Rain is apparently top/ark tier. Do we know what Laswell's stats are yet?

e: All the FFBE units seel to have really high BC costs, with Fina's SBB being a 70BC total cost, since she gives a 25BC boost to the party as part of it.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 12, 2016

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

:unsmigghh:

I have him up as a leader in case you guys need a defensive lead.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 16, 2016

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

burntpork posted:

:unsmigghh:

I have him up as a leader in case you guys need a defensive lead.

I don't think I have you friended, what's your info?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

LornMarkus posted:

I don't think I have you friended, what's your info?

My ID is 7797582611
I'm also in the goon guild.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Man, I threw so many gems at Galthier and a few like desperation pulls on Rain and nothing. FFBE loves my rear end and has given me almost everything I want, but man has Brave Frontier been been cruel to me for the past year :(

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Servaetes posted:

Man, I threw so many gems at Galthier and a few like desperation pulls on Rain and nothing. FFBE loves my rear end and has given me almost everything I want, but man has Brave Frontier been been cruel to me for the past year :(

Brave Frontier has been cruel to me, too, but the difference is I've run out of stuff I really enjoy doing in BF. All I have left is "grind forever for raid spheres to help clear Frontier Gate/Noel Trial" or "slam my face into summoner mode".

When the curve of power creep keeps spiking and I feel like I've run out of ways to progress past "get lucky"... well, that's the death of a F2P account right there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

That's how I've been for awhile. GGCs are alright but I haven't cared to finish them all, and trials are just an utter slog. I don't play mobile games to have 30+ minute boss battles.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Not to mention how unoptimized these extended battles are. After about 20 turns I'm facing increased lag between actions and eventually I hit about a second or more before the game registers what I just told it.

I've done almost everything in this game except Karna Masta because that fight is some serious bullshit.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Frontier Hunter is up and running.

I've been sporadic on my play time; I'm in the process of packing to move across the country!

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

This game might have actually just gotten me to stop playing. I went into FH last night to get some easy gems, but when I went to rearrange my team, the game crashed. It came back up and now I had a friend summoner in place of the Avant I had before. Then it crashed again when I went to move people around. I tried again this morning, had no Avant, went to hit Auto and then the game crashed again. I don't know if I can be bothered to try to fix it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

There was something on Reddit about how adjusting your party layout still causes issues in FH.

It's kinda funny that that is what might make you stop playing and not, you know, the FFBE collab sphere that takes 360 fragments (plus other mats) to craft, when only 1-2 seem to drop from the farmable stages. Literally 4-5 days of only grinding that during the half stam vortex period. :suicide:

The sphere does look pretty great at least.

• Locked thread