Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ3FNopHpTI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sisko sounds so musical and everyone is terrible, especially Kira.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The Federation really are the most accomodating people in the galaxy. poo poo like this happens and the DS9 crew just go along with it. Can't imagine the Klingons doing that somehow. And I'd imagine the story where the Pakled encounter the Romulans would be a lot shorter.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Baronjutter posted:

He was 5 when he was adopted, I guess that's old enough to get the language and basics of the culture down. But his understanding of klingon honour and what it means to be klingon absolutely got stuck in some child-like idealized 5 year old's version of it.

To be fair, it's not like Worf's foster parents would have necessarily known what was accurate or fair about Klingon culture. The Federation's obviously got no fuckin' clue (remember Picard's remark to Riker in season 2 about "we still know so little about them"), so I figure they basically got school textbooks or whatever from the Klingon embassy. Of course the materials they get are going to say that Klingons are actually the most honorable space warrior empire, and it's not like they want to say "yeah actually you come from a nation of dipshits that are scared of Tribbles, Fed supremacy forever", so it makes sense that Worf's going to have a rather idealized vision of the ~*Klingon Empire*~.

And, hell, it's entirely possible that old man Mogh really was a super-upstanding honorable space warrior. Martok might be more pragmatic but he obviously still believes in the ideals of Klingon culture too - he's just grown up in it enough to know how to keep his head down and bend rather than stand up and get killed for his ideals. Worf just didn't have that experience.

It's still pretty unfair to call Worf a 'weeaboo' because he really is a Klingon who is desperate to know more about where he comes from and to engage with the culture that his parents were part of, or at least what he believed his parents were part of. Now, if Wesley Crusher was getting into arguments with Barclay about how "fuckin', klingons are actually the most honorable space empire, i only watch klingon operas with subs not dubs," we'd be totally right in calling Wesley a "klingaboo" or whatever the gently caress word we want to use for that.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

To be fair, it's not like Worf's foster parents would have necessarily known what was accurate or fair about Klingon culture. The Federation's obviously got no fuckin' clue (remember Picard's remark to Riker in season 2 about "we still know so little about them"), so I figure they basically got school textbooks or whatever from the Klingon embassy. Of course the materials they get are going to say that Klingons are actually the most honorable space warrior empire, and it's not like they want to say "yeah actually you come from a nation of dipshits that are scared of Tribbles, Fed supremacy forever", so it makes sense that Worf's going to have a rather idealized vision of the ~*Klingon Empire*~.

And, hell, it's entirely possible that old man Mogh really was a super-upstanding honorable space warrior. Martok might be more pragmatic but he obviously still believes in the ideals of Klingon culture too - he's just grown up in it enough to know how to keep his head down and bend rather than stand up and get killed for his ideals. Worf just didn't have that experience.

It's still pretty unfair to call Worf a 'weeaboo' because he really is a Klingon who is desperate to know more about where he comes from and to engage with the culture that his parents were part of, or at least what he believed his parents were part of. Now, if Wesley Crusher was getting into arguments with Barclay about how "fuckin', klingons are actually the most honorable space empire, i only watch klingon operas with subs not dubs," we'd be totally right in calling Wesley a "klingaboo" or whatever the gently caress word we want to use for that.

lookit all thesefuckin words bout star wars smfh

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

None of that matters because the biggest Weeaboo for Klingons is Dax.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Who has less game? Harry or Geordi? I don't think either of them ever got laid.

7 of 9 pretty much asked Harry to bang her, but he was scared of the pussy I guess.

Geordi even had trouble getting holo programs to gently caress him.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 10, 2016

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Who has less game? Harry or Geordi? I don't think either of them ever got laid.

7 of 9 pretty much asked Harry to bang her, but he was scared of the pussy I guess.

Geordi's game level is negative infinity, so I'll assume Harry has more game even though I've never watched Voyager.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Harry had sex with that infectious woman who lived on the welded up begger ship.

Geordi vs. another human is not a fair comparison. You need to think like Geordi vs. Picard's fish or Geordi vs. a warp nacelle.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

shadow puppet of a posted:

Harry had sex with that infectious woman who lived on the welded up begger ship.

Geordi vs. another human is not a fair comparison. You need to think like Geordi vs. Picard's fish or Geordi vs. a warp nacelle.

Doesn't count. If we're gonna start counting every time we nailed a homeless chick inside her box (both kinds), then suddenly we're all going to have Magic Johnson numbers.

Harry is still at 0 poons tanged.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Harry goes out of his way to ruin his chances. He woke up one day to find himself back at home with a girlfriend and great job. His first thought was "I must get back to the ship where I keep getting killed, shouted at by literally everyone, and I'm outranked by people who never even went through Starfleet academy." Dude is pretty devoted to not getting laid.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

lmbo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Geordie gets negative points due making a program about the woman who friendzoned him and got caught.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Sunswipe posted:

Also, Harry goes out of his way to ruin his chances. He woke up one day to find himself back at home with a girlfriend and great job. His first thought was "I must get back to the ship where I keep getting killed, shouted at by literally everyone, and I'm outranked by people who never even went through Starfleet academy." Dude is pretty devoted to not getting laid.

Don't kinkshame.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Just got a little misty eyed

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Dude is pretty devoted to not getting laid.

I mean yeah he's a moron but the one alien that threw herself at him so hard he didn't have a choice was pretty fine

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Didn't he bang that dead girl who came back to the ship

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

No she came back and was all "lets gently caress" and he was a pussy about it and she was all "ok bye dumbass"

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

btw she was hotter as an alien zombie than she was as a human

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Didn't they bsng before hand tho to?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

No she friend zoned him years ago. Pretty sure they have a conversation after she's reanimated about how she regretted that , but he's dumb and she realizes she was better off not riding his garret wang and goes back to live with the other space zombies.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Didn't they bsng before hand tho to?

She just spit on his dick and he used it to jerk off in his bunk. Its all clearly laid out in the VOY technical manual.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mondian posted:

I mean yeah he's a moron but the one alien that threw herself at him so hard he didn't have a choice was pretty fine

He also picked up a space STD

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

She just spit on his dick and he used it to jerk off in his bunk. Its all clearly laid out in the VOY technical manual.

This is why I relate to Harry the most

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

etalian posted:

Who cares? The Doctor whips up a hypo for it in like ten minutes.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Baronjutter posted:

I know a lot of people give Keko poo poo but I enjoy the actress and the character makes sense given what she's married too.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Yes she makes sense given that one of O'Brien's functions in the narrative is to experience constant suffering.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The episode where Seven of Nine is the only one left to defend the ship and she steps on a suspiciously rigid sock in Ensign Kim's quarters was always particularly disturbing. Few people remember it though, they shut out the memory like that episode where the doctor is upset when he realizes he kept Harry Kim alive rather than prioritize his time to have instead cleaned up a pile of padds and loose medical reports.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/2AkQX5wdpeo

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

etalian posted:

Star Trek really does run a pretty wide spectrum of situations. Some are totally kid-friendly and others are downright heavy and dark.

I think I have figured out the two ends of the spectrum though. On one end, you have Kirk, Spock, and Mccoy all sitting around thr campfire singing Row Row Row Your Boat. On the other end, you have Troi getting telepathically raped.

Everything else pretty much falls somewhere between those two.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

This fine thread needs to bring :neelix: into the world as its lasting legacy.

It might look something like :darksouls: but instead the world "leola root" appears. Or '3 year olds". Or "Mr. Vulcan"

Background should be generic starship corridor grey rather than black.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Hello and thank you for being a chill and cool thread over these past 100 pages, been fun posting with y'all

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

Yes she makes sense given that one of O'Brien's functions in the narrative is to experience constant suffering.

Was O'Brien's neverending misery ever explained? Were the writers just "well, we need to show that not everyone is happy in the future space utopia, let's start piling poo poo upon the pudgy Irishman"?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm in love with this. If only $29.99 US dollars wasn't an exponentially-expressed value in my failed petro-state dollars.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
the one burning question i have above all others is who wipes down the loads in the holodeck

or are they just converted into energy

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Noctone posted:

the one burning question i have above all others is who wipes down the loads in the holodeck

or are they just converted into energy

Converted into raw energy and then back into the replicator.

MmmMmmm a delicious breakfast made of nelix-jizz and Janeway-grool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Naxuz posted:

Was O'Brien's neverending misery ever explained? Were the writers just "well, we need to show that not everyone is happy in the future space utopia, let's start piling poo poo upon the pudgy Irishman"?

Yeah, he was supposed to be the Everyman who falls through the cracks in the spas utopia, despite being a good guy who doesn't do anything wrong.