Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

botany posted:

yeah all the fifth cards now are moving ones.

Except some of the new cards are not premiums yet :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

MarshyMcFly posted:

Except some of the new cards are not premiums yet :/

dude they have a moving silver stripe through them! how much better could it get!

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

botany posted:

yeah all the fifth cards now are moving ones.

Until Monday.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNOvg0JNXk

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

after 10 games in a row vs dorf decks, I don't think even premium kegs can keep me playing this game. I'm donezo until some actual balance changes hit, thank god they've kept the game trapped in the worst meta it's ever seen for the sake of ESPORTS, leaving it like this until some time after gwent open is done with.

pro loving tip for artifact and magic arena devs: maybe don't try to build an organized esports scene until your game is officially out of beta

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
It's just a comedy of errors at this point. Did they at least fix the Arachas/Emhyr etc bug?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

50+ point resilient dwarfs annoyed me more than current dwarfs, but I'm definitely not a fan of balance stuff getting delayed because e-sports. I still like this game a lot, but I understand that there are a lot of people who disagree.

EDIT: I've had a good deal of success recently with cyprian wiley, though I mostly play for fun stuff and shupe and such, hovering around 3900ish mmr. Very good at removing barclay, got a couple round one concedes from using it on t1 nekker, can be used on ronvid, roach in alchemy nilfgaard, can be used against calveit in alchemy nilfgaard though that is less good. I'm going to enjoy some time at low rank with new season before I get high enough to find all the dwarf players.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 12, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

like sometimes it feels there's only a skeleton crew working on gwent

also wheres Thronebreaker

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's pretty impressive how quickly things fell apart, they might earn peoples trust again but it's going to be a long road and an opportunity for the competition. There's always Thronebreaker someday I guess

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Oh yeah, I'm thinking thronebreaker is still going to be great. Can't wait for that.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Cdpr are still better than team5

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Captainicus posted:

50+ point resilient dwarfs annoyed me more than current dwarfs, but I'm definitely not a fan of balance stuff getting delayed because e-sports. I still like this game a lot, but I understand that there are a lot of people who disagree.

EDIT: I've had a good deal of success recently with cyprian wiley, though I mostly play for fun stuff and shupe and such, hovering around 3900ish mmr. Very good at removing barclay, got a couple round one concedes from using it on t1 nekker, can be used on ronvid, roach in alchemy nilfgaard, can be used against calveit in alchemy nilfgaard though that is less good. I'm going to enjoy some time at low rank with new season before I get high enough to find all the dwarf players.

I'm with you there. The bug ordeal and lack of balance changes are disappointing but they don't really impact my enjoyment that much and I have no doubt I'll still be playing this game a year from now. Having said that, I've only been playing for the dailies over the last few weeks but I did manage to hit 19 again this patch. One day I'll make the push to 20 (or beyond) and probably hate the game for a while but I suspect the grind will still be more interesting than in any other digital card game.

I hit 19 off the back of how strong Alchemy NF is, and while I really like the deck it still feels like the variance in draws stops it from being a T1 deck. An opening hand with too many alchemy cards to blacklist is an auto-loss.

When I'm not trying to finish dailies I'm all about the Shupe. Do you prefer ST or SK for your Shupenanigans? I was playing mostly Brouver but I picked up a Crach list recently which feels pretty good. I like Hym into Skjall and the ol' Restored Beastmaster plays a lot.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I've tried every faction for shupe. Currently been doing pretty well with one for skellige, though I do randomly bring out the other ones. Here's the current list I've been using, though it is limited by my card pool, and slightly more focused on fun with uma, wolfsbane and johnny. I could honestly replace Harald with Crach, I just like the always on demand removal for things like impera and vrihedd dragoon and such. This list isn't by any means optimal, of course, I feel like with ermion and all the the thinning tools it does ok, though not enough to draw the whole deck each game. Usually isn't too hard to discard wolfsbane between johnny and ermion, though in a pinch if you have won round one, you can always play wolfsbane and then pass for some carryover. I'm thinking I should finally craft restore and replace portcullis, since a lot of players are only running silvers that are faction specific and not fun for copying.

Harald the Cripple
Ermion
Wolfsbane
Uma's Curse
Shupe
Olgierd
Johnny
Cyprian Wiley
Skjall
Alzur's Double-Cross
Savage Bear
Berserker Marauder
Raging Berserker
Clan Warmonger
Light Longship
Clan Armorsmith
Warship
Clan Raider
Herbalist
Preistess of Freya
Clan Beastmaster
First Light
Doppler
Recon

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
man playing spellatel against consume monsters is just an auto win. so many tools to get rid of nekkers.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Have there been any announcements about a tablet version? Or better yet, a switch version?

The UI changes point to design for smaller screens, I think.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Minrad posted:

after 10 games in a row vs dorf decks, I don't think even premium kegs can keep me playing this game. I'm donezo until some actual balance changes hit, thank god they've kept the game trapped in the worst meta it's ever seen for the sake of ESPORTS, leaving it like this until some time after gwent open is done with.

pro loving tip for artifact and magic arena devs: maybe don't try to build an organized esports scene until your game is officially out of beta

What's the current dorf deck look like? I've been doing okay vs dwarves, but I'm probably playing bad players.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

https://youtu.be/L_8eUoEH_Gw

Still no idea what his last card could have been.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Reinforcements/Marching Orders when he knew his last card wasn't a unit? Maybe even Thaler if he knew his last card wouldn't overcome the point difference.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/UglySassyCrabRiPepperonis

lmao

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I love that they focused so much on E S P O R T S instead of fixing the game

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Are we ever going to have quests to unlock the new leaders or all of these must crafts (except for arachas queen)

e: grammar

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

BLOEDE VERIN

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Knowlue posted:

Are we ever going to have quests to unlock the new leaders or all of these must crafts (except for arachas queen)

e: grammar

well as somebody who spent a lot of dust crafting them all i hope we get quests and reimbursements, personally

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

frajaq posted:

I love that they focused so much on E S P O R T S instead of fixing the game

Ok, I'm not defending how buggy and fucky the game is right now, but it was fine until a month ago, and since then I've seen no focusing on eSports and plenty of focus on repair. Also, it's not like the same people do both things anyway.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
It does seem pretty dumb that they organised esports poo poo while still in beta and more importantly while half the rules of the game change every other month

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Is anyone else struggling to find a game in casual or ranked atm? It seems like I can't find games at certain times of the day. Also I've seen some of the same players and their decks in ranked play which is funny sometimes lol.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Minrad posted:

Magic has a well-established decades-old competitive scene already, even if Arena doesn't attract the Twitch demographic it'll do just fine on the competitive front.

Artifact is Valve, the only question is whether it'll blow up beyond DOTA2 and CSGO or be merely big.

Gwent was a super fun game made to be played rather than watched in the early days, and it was great. Hopefully the developer realizes soon enough that Gwent is not and never will be a Twitch superstar title and corrects their development direction. There's still a potentially great game hiding in there.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

MarshyMcFly posted:

Is anyone else struggling to find a game in casual or ranked atm? It seems like I can't find games at certain times of the day. Also I've seen some of the same players and their decks in ranked play which is funny sometimes lol.

people probably gave up and are waiting for next balance/content patch lmao

I know I did

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

frajaq posted:

people probably gave up and are waiting for next balance/content patch lmao

I know I did

What are you hoping to see?

I got beat by a wide variety of decks tonight :D

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

i'm hoping to never see a dwarf again

the NR kings were right, slaughter all non-humans IMO

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

frajaq posted:

Personally I never thought I would be playing a dwarfs deck until I cashed in all my end of season rewards to make one!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

frajaq posted:

humans to the sea!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I completely didn’t realize that you can’t have any duplicates in your deck to play shupe. I should have read the card before I bought him. Oh well. Time to make a shupe deck!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Shupe decks are fun and challenging to play, I think these sorts of cards are cool for variety even if they aren't really competitive for the top level players

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'd like it if what the card does was written down somewhere. Am I missing it, or is there no way to learn what the 15 choices are?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I don't think it's in the game, but here's the list https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/7kmnej/shupe_discover_options_ptr/

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Seedge posted:

What are you hoping to see?

I got beat by a wide variety of decks tonight :D

Consume Monsters still feels Pretty Decent, not least because A) it's not quite common enough for people to tech against it and B) it usually has a decent matchup against Spies Nilfgaard.

Too bad the last couple versions of the deck trackers i've tried can't handle nekker warriors correctly :argh:

botany posted:

man playing spellatel against consume monsters is just an auto win. so many tools to get rid of nekkers.

:mad:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.playgwent.com/en/news/13861/open-letter-from-gwent-development-team

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
When you do Shupe mage hazards what is the blue glowy hazard? No idea what that does and can't find what spawns it from normal decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Consume Monsters still feels Pretty Decent, not least because A) it's not quite common enough for people to tech against it and B) it usually has a decent matchup against Spies Nilfgaard.

Too bad the last couple versions of the deck trackers i've tried can't handle nekker warriors correctly :argh:

:mad:

Use GwentUP it handles it.