Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't care if people criticize the game even if they're stupid but people who loudly brag they haven't played it yet post to parrot YouTube vids about how bad it is should be slain.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gonna need to hear where Stux stands on this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also much respect to that one goon doing their best Regina George

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I feel this way but about the OW2 thread. Blizzard games attract attention from the most negative posters because the company sucks so it's legal to post badly about them. there's certainly a lot of fair criticism to make about Blizzard and Activision, but when the guy with the most amount of posts is the author of basically every other post with something pithy it is a huge drag

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
caring about a sixer is its own reason to eat a sixer

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I do, too, want to say that 'deciding not to hit buttons' is actually still modding. It's not 'not modding' because you disagree with the approach. It may be bad modding!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

HopperUK posted:

I do, too, want to say that 'deciding not to hit buttons' is actually still modding. It's not 'not modding' because you disagree with the approach. It may be bad modding!

Friend, this is clearly a Schrödinger's mod situation. The waveform collapses modding occurs only once posters can observe the probes being doled out. It's just basic :science:

Actual feedback: I would politely disagree with Kaysette's statement, there are friendly megathreads in Games where posters help each other out. I understand that for... Reasons Blizzard game threads might not be the best for this atmosphere though.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Rappaport posted:

Actual feedback: I would politely disagree with Kaysette's statement, there are friendly megathreads in Games where posters help each other out. I understand that for... Reasons Blizzard game threads might not be the best for this atmosphere though.

Sorry, I didn't post very clearly. I definitely agree that the tone here can still be positive. I just meant that certain actions (finding party members, doing trades, etc.) are just easier on Discord by having multiple channels, voice chat, etc. I'm a big forums fan but having One Big Thread makes that kind of interaction tough.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
ok, you've left me with no choice. I am going to annihilate everyone posting in the D4 thread, and here.

vaya con dios

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I feel like people hurt by videogames need to be heard equally if not more than people enjoying them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Not liking a video game doesn't mean it's hurt you, c'mon

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Tell that to my wallet

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mario Party Tug of War hurt many people, psychologically and physically

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they must learn to love diablo 4

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

ok, you've left me with no choice. I am going to annihilate everyone posting in the D4 thread, and here.

vaya con dios

It was a good run

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark smile. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two Cheetos-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Bobby Kotick.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

HopperUK posted:

Give me buttons and I will provide Games with an excellent example of bad modding. It'll get all of us back on the same page.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

mutata posted:

Give me buttons and I will provide Games with an excellent example of bad modding. It'll get all of us back on the same page.

I feel like there must be a catch to this idea.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

HopperUK posted:

Everyone learns a valuable lesson, no downsides

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

HopperUK posted:

It was a good run

Was it though?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

HopperUK posted:

I'm too good at working and I love it too much, that's the only catch.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

HopperUK posted:

I get that people don't like the way Vic posts. We appointed another IK to the thread recently specifically to deal with this kind of low level disruptive posting.

haven’t caught up to d4 thread or this one yet. mostly just popping in to say that i get people might not like the way someone is posting but i didn’t really see what vic was doing as wild or unfair criticism or whatever.

there are people who post in the thread whose entire post history there is laughing at people, posting blizzlols thread stuff, and posting about posting. that’s stuff i would probe. maybe i was too gunshy on hitting vic or whoever/whatever happened that i have yet to walk into but my recollection of what vic has posted has been the tone of, maybe aggressive, but broad disappointment with the game as it stands especially compared to other games in the same market.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

harrygomm posted:

haven’t caught up to d4 thread or this one yet. mostly just popping in to say that i get people might not like the way someone is posting but i didn’t really see what vic was doing as wild or unfair criticism or whatever.

there are people who post in the thread whose entire post history there is laughing at people, posting blizzlols thread stuff, and posting about posting. that’s stuff i would probe. maybe i was too gunshy on hitting vic or whoever/whatever happened that i have yet to walk into but my recollection of what vic has posted has been the tone of, maybe aggressive, but broad disappointment with the game as it stands especially compared to other games in the same market.

I think you're doing fine for the record. People can disagree on how to handle threads without it being some huge catastrophic failure of community imo.

Orv
May 4, 2011
No I’m sorry everyone with buttons is up for execution come dawn

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Harsh, but fair.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Orv posted:

hell yeah

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Many moons ago, two highly anticipated games came out at the same time which gave us the Third Street Skyrims subforum.
Currently we have the Baldur's Gate 3 thread moving at 200 posts pr kilometer, Starfield will be released soon and the dlc for Cyberpunk a bit after that.

Has there been any discussions about making a temp forum for some or all these games, to spread the discussion out a bit?

We could call it Baldur's Starpunk :awesomelon:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Orv posted:

Please be swift, Orv.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lima posted:

Many moons ago, two highly anticipated games came out at the same time which gave us the Third Street Skyrims subforum.
Currently we have the Baldur's Gate 3 thread moving at 200 posts pr kilometer, Starfield will be released soon and the dlc for Cyberpunk a bit after that.

Has there been any discussions about making a temp forum for some or all these games, to spread the discussion out a bit?

At the start of this post I thought you were pushing for an Armored Core VI/Saints Row 2022 combo forum with both coming out on the same day this week and now I kinda want to see that for maximum chaos

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

claw game handjob posted:

At the start of this post I thought you were pushing for an Armored Core VI/Saints Row 2022 combo forum with both coming out on the same day this week and now I kinda want to see that for maximum chaos

Core 2022: Armored Saints has a ring to it :v:

I know that the forum doesnt get the same traffic as 12 years ago, but I think it could be fun to have a RSF now and then for the really big releases.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Video games gets its own Barbenheimer...

Orv
May 4, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Please be swift, Orv.

I slept in you're all free to go, just don't let it happen again

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Please be swift, Orv.

Who the hell is this where's Games Forum??

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

HopperUK posted:

Who the hell is this where's Games Forum??

:kirby:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Good to have you back VideoGames.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Can't believe Kirby killed Video Games Forum

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Leal posted:

Can't believe Kirby killed Video Games Forum

Getting revenge for the Radio Games Forum

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The tyrant has returned...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Leal posted: