Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I saw some people complaining about distortion. It's a cherry picked quote so you can go "omg the other side is so dumb".

Kind of why I like TCM and Breakers so much. Killers have objectives other than tunnel survivors to death and proxy camp. Some in Breakers will body camp and it's meh. Sometimes it's you, sometimes it's not. It takes so long to do that it's disadvantageous unless the killer is mortified of that specific player. But DBD was designed as a beta that became locked into that gameplay for almost a decade ago and nothing or noone is allowed to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tiny Myers posted:

So I'm not defending them, just saying proxy camping *does* exist and I feel like it's legit to be a little annoyed sometimes, even if it's dumb as poo poo to bitch in endgame chat about it. Either you're being a dick to someone who's just playing the game OR they really were being a troll and now they have more incentive to keep doing it because they know it got under your skin.

Yeah I gotchu. And we agree.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I love distortion and I will never stop using it

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is that what "proxy camping" is? Yeah I can see how that's annoying for a survivor, but also... often clearly the best thing for a killer to do. if you know there's gonna be an unhook, why would you intentionally go so far away you can't punish the unhooker or maybe even trade hooks?

That's kind of the thing, it's an annoying thing to do, but it's a problem entirely of the survivors own making. If you have hyperaggressive survivors who will save people the second that you get five feet away then of course you are going to sit around for a second to grab the guy you absolutely know will be there. It wasn't as big of a deal earlier in the game's life because people spent more time on hooks, both out of fear and not knowing how to stack mad BPs.

Then you have people like someone I had last night who just fast vaulted a window for the entire game while his friends bled to death outside. I know that Unknown kind of looks like a fish but that is some weak bait.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Had a similar game where someone just vaulted on the top floor of Ormond for five minutes, I was Artist so I couldn't even hit them with birds and I wasn't going to be arsed chasing them, ended up just spamming birds on the others to finish my daily

Them: I just wanted the Balanced Landing archive

Me: I just wanted my Artist daily

...also I automatically assume if someone does what they were doing it's Boil Over and it's safe to ignore them

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

...also I automatically assume if someone does what they were doing it's Boil Over and it's safe to ignore them

Tbh it's more than that for me, if a survivor wants you to chase them then it means they have a plan that they are at least somewhat confident in and you don't want to deal with plans unless you absolutely have to.

I drive TTVs absolutely insane because they'll be humping me trying to get me to chase while I patrol gens. Why would I chase you, it's not like you're going anywhere, you've already spent all map following me like a lost puppy instead of doing gens. Eventually you're going to get too close and get smacked without any involvement from me.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JYyIn4vJuA

Why is DBD mobile so much better?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I get why he hates it but I just cannot empathize with Otz on how much he thinks DS is too OP/oppressive since it can't let him tunnel people out for his streaks. Like cmon man....

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I get why he hates it but I just cannot empathize with Otz on how much he thinks DS is too OP/oppressive since it can't let him tunnel people out for his streaks. Like cmon man....

Against billy or nurse it does basically nothing, against M1 killers it's pretty good, against everyone else it buys you enough time to get to a tile if you didn't drop in a complete dead zone. It hasn't been remotely OP ever since they added the conspicuous action mechanic and deactivated it in endgame. Otz is full of poo poo on this one.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
The problem with DS isn't using it as an anti-tunnel perk, it's survivors that take OTR/DS/UB, get unhooked then run into killer knowing that they can either waste so much of the killer's time or get hooked for a second time and have everyone cry about tunnelling

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

MorphineMike posted:

The problem with DS isn't using it as an anti-tunnel perk, it's survivors that take OTR/DS/UB, get unhooked then run into killer knowing that they can either waste so much of the killer's time or get hooked for a second time and have everyone cry about tunnelling

I take all three of those (plus DH) because if I don't I get hard tunneled as soon as the killer realizes I don't have them. I don't weaponize them against killers, I just hate being tunneled.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

That's kind of the thing, it's an annoying thing to do, but it's a problem entirely of the survivors own making. If you have hyperaggressive survivors who will save people the second that you get five feet away then of course you are going to sit around for a second to grab the guy you absolutely know will be there. It wasn't as big of a deal earlier in the game's life because people spent more time on hooks, both out of fear and not knowing how to stack mad BPs.

Then you have people like someone I had last night who just fast vaulted a window for the entire game while his friends bled to death outside. I know that Unknown kind of looks like a fish but that is some weak bait.

I wouldn't call sitting around for a second proxy camping. It's gotta be a bit of time to be that, like insidiuous bubba bullshit. If I know a survivor is there and fake leaving, that's not camping thats just a good strat for starting a chase with them.

Its like the survivors who call you out for camping when all 3 of them are at the hook. No. I'm not sitting here doing nothing, I am dealing with you, person who is here, why would I leave?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

No, yeah, for me proxying is people who hover around in the same 30 meter radius of the hook with NO evidence of other survivors, with zero interest in patrolling gens, and they do this every time until the person reaches second stage.

All they're interested in doing is intercepting the unhooker or tunneling. And typically they'll hit the unhooker while they try to unhook, hit them again to down them, hook that person, and the cycle begins again.

Is it a valid way to play? Sure. Is it loving exhausting especially in solo queue? Yeah man.

It's just camping with extra steps because they have to avoid the facecamp meter now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Everyone talks about Insidious Bubba but lemme tell you, if you want to be a professional camper give Insidious Unknown a try. I hung out near a hook and just watched someone walk right by me to get the unhook.

I of course didn't tunnel, but it would have been easy

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
TCM released an update. Gutted survivor perks, buffed killer perks. They even lied because months ago, they nerfed a meta survivor perk. But people didn't overreact because they promised to rebalanced some killer perks in exchange. Well, they buffed them instead. I've uninstalled. This is beyond disappointment, it's baffling.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Genuine question: what would you do if a survivor led you over and showed you this

My friend had to go AFK while we were in customs and I was at a loss for what to do with myself :v:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Straight to the hatch of course.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Umbreon posted:

Straight to the hatch of course.

Tiny Myers posted:

My friend had to go AFK while we were in customs and I was at a loss for what to do with myself :v:

I'm gonna be honest -- I initially didn't parse "customs" as "custom match", but you know, Customs, as in Border Control, and thought that playing DBD on a Steam Deck as you're going through Customs is both a bit much, but also somehow on brand for this god drat game.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 30, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

One thing I noticed playing Saturday night is that the Adrenaline change had one extra undocumented nerf - if someone is slugged and you can't find them, you used to have to be real careful because closing the hatch would trigger Adrenaline and they'd get up off the ground, possibly getting to a gate before you.

I closed a hatch on Saturday and boom, they stayed slugged. Yay for killer, boo for survivor.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

I closed a hatch on Saturday and boom, they stayed slugged. Yay for killer, boo for survivor.

That's weird, because I watched Otz kick a hatch shut 5 minutes ago and a slugged survivor he couldn't find stood up from Adrenaline.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rydiafan posted:

That's weird, because I watched Otz kick a hatch shut 5 minutes ago and a slugged survivor he couldn't find stood up from Adrenaline.

Hmmm maybe she didn't have it, I'll double check the vod but I am 99% sure I checked.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm gonna be honest -- I initially didn't parse "customs" as "custom match", but you know, Customs, as in Border Control, and thought that playing DBD on a Steam Deck as you're going through Customs is both a bit much, but also somehow on brand for this god drat game.

Customs I swear to god I'm not a murderer I'm just *playing* as a murderer

Played a game last night where a guy was being kind of obnoxious to the killer. A Jake with the same blighted skin all lovely toxic Jakes wear, doing flip flop/unbreakable/boil over crap and deliberately going down under pallets so his girlfriend could come save him, looping him in such a way that it was obvious he shouldn't have been at these ranks, and above all else, teabagging. All of this at 0 hooks. He was in a 2-man with a Sable who was enabling these shenanigans.

The killer was Ghostface, and as soon as Jake teabagged, he gave up on the rest of the match and made it his life's mission to slug the Jake and teabag the poo poo out of him in return until he bled out. Dear reader, I'm not gonna lie, my own 2-man dragged out the match a little bit by (plausibly) dragging out repairing the final gen so we could make sure Jake died.

Ghostface let the rest of us go. Did a slug race and everything

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tiny Myers posted:

Customs I swear to god I'm not a murderer I'm just *playing* as a murderer

Cool your jets, Customs guy. I'll give you my passport in a second after I stab this teenager to death. Wait, where are you dragging me?!

quote:

Played a game last night where a guy was being kind of obnoxious to the killer. A Jake with the same blighted skin all lovely toxic Jakes wear, doing flip flop/unbreakable/boil over crap and deliberately going down under pallets so his girlfriend could come save him, looping him in such a way that it was obvious he shouldn't have been at these ranks, and above all else, teabagging. All of this at 0 hooks. He was in a 2-man with a Sable who was enabling these shenanigans.

Yeaaah. It's poo poo like this that makes me not want to play the game, because these kinds of shitheads are so frequent. But good on the Ghostie.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Literally every single person for a year and a half: If you buff DS back to 5 seconds you're going to get survivors using it aggressively and it's going to disproportionately affect lower tier killers without any kind of movement
BHVR: okay but if we disable M2 powers it won't be consistent (kicking 8 different hex totem functionalities under the bed where nobody will see them) anyway here's 5 second ds because we can't figure out how to do basekit anti tunnel

So anyway 3/4 of my games today had people running at me aggressively with DS/UB and I didn't see a single killer under A tier at all. You know, the ones who can eat a 5 second DS and don't care?
How about that meta shakeup, everyone! DS/UB/DH/Adren on every survivor, and Pop/Pain Res/Nowhere to Hide/Corrupt Intervention on every killer, but mostly Huntress and Blight. The game's sure come a long way since 2022 :)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Somebody on Otz's stream said yesterday that...

- Each use of Bubba's chainsaw eats charges of Save the Best for Last.
- Each knife thrown by the Trickster also eats charges of StBfL.

This is stupid, right? It's not just me?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
STBFL ate the big M2 nerf months ago, though the Trickster interaction there sounds spitefully buggy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A friend played a perfectly normal Nemesis game and was told in endgame chat that 'I hope you get a hate crime.'

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

May 14th anniversary stream and new ptb.

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1785685767471108353

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1785715922520428594

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Dead By Daylight Twitter posted:

Enter the code SPLENDID in the in-game Store before May 14 11AM ET to unlock 500K Bloodpoints and 30 Rift Fragments.

Edit: There's also a 10 Rift Fragment freebie gift in the Store. Bottom right of the same page that you use to enter that code.

Lonjon fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 2, 2024

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Lonjon posted:

Edit: There's also a 10 Rift Fragment freebie gift in the Store. Bottom right of the same page that you use to enter that code.

Yeah that's a new weekly thing. Every Tuesday (?) there's gonna be a new thing to get from the main page of the shop in addition to the existing code redemption thing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

Hmmm maybe she didn't have it, I'll double check the vod but I am 99% sure I checked.

Double checked, Haddonfield map, I had Kate slugged because of Boil Over shennanigans and I kicked the hatch, she didn't get up with Adrenaline.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ah, the fruits of excellent world class software development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kqWbP64FX4

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gr0YbuScGU

This is really what I've been saying for a while, they just need to take some time off and fix the goddam game.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Medullah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gr0YbuScGU

This is really what I've been saying for a while, they just need to take some time off and fix the goddam game.

Agreed, but I think they've locked themselves into that 'fresh content' cycle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Agreed, but I think they've locked themselves into that 'fresh content' cycle.

I imagine they have something similar to the Streamer Schedule where they have to keep pushing new content out and worry a break will basically destroy their audience.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I imagine they have something similar to the Streamer Schedule where they have to keep pushing new content out and worry a break will basically destroy their audience.

And they're sadly right. Players are fickle.

My suggestion would be take 3-6 months of no new content and just rotate the various existing events, let people stock up on BPs.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Given the constant layoffs that have happened recently at other developers I'm sure that that the team isn't exactly pushing for a lull in content while the programmers fix the backend.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Aren't they already steadily destroying their audience with the slow poison of the games problems? No new toys for 3-6 months would hurt but what's the alternative, just tough it out until the actual crash or somebody floats DbD 2 in a meeting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The game si going non-responsive for me after cutscenes. Is that a known issue?