Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Cold on a Cob posted:

i carry my debit card just in case my cc fails to work for some reason

I recently took mine to Seattle just in case and when I tried to make a $500 purchase on my Amex I was glad to have it

so what I'm saying is save me from occasionally have to use my debit card apple pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

BiohazrD posted:

I recently took mine to Seattle just in case and when I tried to make a $500 purchase on my Amex I was glad to have it

so what I'm saying is save me from occasionally have to use my debit card apple pay

the limit on your amex is less than $500? :gowron:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

no retard I tried to make an abnormally large purchase in a city that is like 2000 miles away from where I live

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

Beeftweeter posted:

same but ive never seen anything that actually accepts it lol

i can't believe america is a 1st world country when i read poo poo like this

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mightaswell posted:

lmao this guy just cant handle the freedom

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the freedom to have your car or possessions taken by the police if they "suspect" you might be a crimenal and YOU have to prove you got yor car legit and then you get it back after legal costs

it's amazing the disdain your officials have for your constitution

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Mightaswell posted:

america is pretty low-tech about a lot of things but oh man do we have like so many cool guns and planes and stuff

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Beeftweeter posted:

also theres a bug in ios 8 ipad safari where if you switch tabs sometimes when you go back to the tab you clicked the link from the page will be blank and its annoying as gently caress

it's been there since ios 7 at least, sometime it's just blank and you have to press refresh or go back to the original tab and reopen the link

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Mightaswell posted:

lol i'll bet you also don't pay your rent with a piece of official paper with your "i swear the money will be there when you go to the bank and ask for it" signature on it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

the freedom to have your car or possessions taken by the police if they "suspect" you might be a crimenal and YOU have to prove you got yor car legit and then you get it back after legal costs

it's amazing the disdain your officials have for your constitution

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/american-shakedown-police-won-t-charge-you-but-they-ll-grab-your-money-1.2760736

basically a news article warning canadians to be scared of american cops lmao FREEDOM

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

everyone should be scared of american cops

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
to be fair america is the highest amount of identity theft in the world and we are the only first world country to not adopt pin+chip yet

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

flyboi posted:

to be fair america is the highest amount of identity theft in the world and we are the only first world country to not adopt pin+chip yet

also health care but yeah that pin and chip is a real issue

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

rotor posted:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

rotor posted:

its funny cause theyre all fat and bald and mainly killed by heart attacks but u r right

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
i don't even know what chip and pin is. wikipedia seems to suggest it's a credit card that i scan on a reader instead of swiping through a reader???

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PuTTY riot posted:

its funny cause theyre all fat and bald and mainly killed by heart attacks but u r right

well the hell of the thing is that it's legal for them to kill anyone who makes them nervous, and also they are issued guns.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nayato posted:

i don't even know what chip and pin is. wikipedia seems to suggest it's a credit card that i scan on a reader instead of swiping through a reader???

you don't have to swipe but otherwise it's just like using a debit card

also if someone ever steals your PIN the banks will just say "lol your fault, we're not doing anything"

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
that sounds slightly more convenient but also worse

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
chip and pin means you put your card into a machine at the POS terminal then enter your pin and then your payment is authorised

idk why you people have such difficulty with this concept

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

remember, always swipe front to back, never back to front

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

computer parts posted:

also if someone ever steals your PIN the banks will just say "lol your fault, we're not doing anything"

source plz tia

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

rotor posted:

remember, always swipe front to back, never back to front

i swipe back to front

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

computer parts posted:

this is a misconception

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
3d printed 6 ploos:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

computer parts posted:

you don't have to swipe but otherwise it's just like using a debit card

this hasn't been true since November 2009 but keep going im close to spurtin

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

kwinkles posted:

3d printed 6 ploos:

sometimes I wonder if i should have gotten a 3d printer instead of this giant grime fountain of a cnc machine and then i look at stuff like this and I feel better.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
it is way mega big

rotor posted:

sometimes I wonder if i should have gotten a 3d printer instead of this giant grime fountain of a cnc machine and then i look at stuff like this and I feel better.

yeah that is from a makerbot, the company designs phone apps so they wanted an idea of how you would hold and use the phone before it ships, so it works for them but the finish is definitely garbage compared to my crappy little cnc mill.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

kwinkles posted:

it is way mega big

yeah that is from a makerbot, the company designs phone apps so they wanted an idea of how you would hold and use the phone before it ships, so it works for them but the finish is definitely garbage compared to my crappy little cnc mill.

fyi there is a hobby cnc thread in the diy forum

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

why is that turd shaped like a huge iphone

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

rotor posted:

lol if you don't have both, obviously

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sittin in the shop waiting on the cnc right now, as a matter of fact. got 24 identical pieces to cut out, each one milling six bearing holes with .001 precision required, total time per piece is 2m 35s on this haas

booya

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

kwinkles posted:

3d printed 6 ploos:

reminds me of those 90's universal remotes

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

rotor posted:

america is pretty low-tech about a lot of things but oh man do we have like so many cool guns and planes and stuff

for real we made the fastest air breathing plane ever and then we were like 'eh, it's fast and all, no one doubts that, but let's just put them up in museums so anyone and come and pick over what make em tick'

3peat
May 6, 2010

kwinkles posted:

3d printed 6 ploos:

now put it next to an xbox.... im curious which one is bigger

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

rotor posted:

sometimes I wonder

same OP

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

also reminder that the shuttle could just take a salyut-sized space station in the cargo bay just because

it was literally a space station with wings

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

maniacdevnull posted:

for real we made the fastest air breathing plane ever and then we were like 'eh, it's fast and all, no one doubts that, but let's just put them up in museums so anyone and come and pick over what make em tick'

and it still hasn't been beaten in 50 years

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

also reminder that the shuttle could just take a salyut-sized space station in the cargo bay just because

it was literally a space station with wings

it was more like a space semi with wings but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

echinopsis posted:

lol if popping your hand into back pocket and grab wallet and open it and pull out card aren muscle memories you can complete in half a second
lol at wallet in back pocket. enjoy your spine falling out!

• Locked thread