Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

N2/D3 rundown:

Gaspy wins the lurker races, and learns the secret of EXAKT's stand, confirming to Gaspy that he must be town.

Mith got lynched, as the first victim of the Empress curse.

No sign in scumdoc of anyone catching on to TOML's tell.

Infinitum is masoned up, and claims in the masondoc that he has the Lovers Stand, cause he doesn't want to use the Kenny G fakeclaim. (I'll post these later) I waited for this to bite him in the butt, but he got killed by D'Arby instead before that could become a problem.

Hats tries to double down using the babify power on Tith, but Anidav cures him.

Kash gets killed before he can genie anybody else. Night actions are already getting easier to process! But while doing up all the actions, I hosed up and send b_t Beet's role. I sent her Gaspy's too then, as she originally asked for.

During D3, Gaspy and Gwyn have some kind of secret smoke signal thing going on, and have decided to protect and watch each other.

Anidav believes the Sun would be a fakeclaim, but it's one of the towniest abilities! However, the award for most wrong thing said today goes to Gaspy for calling D'Arby the Gamer a nobody. His episodes were great! :colbert:

TOML gets bandwaggoned into oblivion. “If we are to assume everyone has powers, TOML is playing an exceptionally hands off game. He's either scum or no great loss to the town.” Meanwhile, Hiip is still alive. :v: I wonder if Beet wouldn't have been so locked onto him because of his Day 3 objective? Note: Beet had failed his D3 objective from his first post. Didn't tell him till the end of the day. :cheeky:

quote:

Bifauxnen wrote on Jan 2, 2016 07:10:
Congratulations, Boingo! You have passed D2 with flying colours and were lynchproof and bulletproof. But your next prediction is appearing for D3:

Oingo and Boingo chased after the three guys and their dog. While chasing them, although this isn't really important, the brothers passed a man with a very annoying face. The brothers hated guys who look like that. Even though he had done nothing wrong, Oingo senselessly punched him!

Today you must cruelly pick on someone who has done nothing to you! You must pick someone who has not ever voted for you previously. (So it can't be Kashuno, Anidav, Birdstrike, or tithin, or anyone else who sneaks in a vote for you before you make your opening effortpost)

Once you've decided on your target, you must write a big effortpost about why you're voting for them, and then cast your vote on them at the end. (I was going to try and come up with some objective measures like a minimum wordcount, but I trust that you understand the spirit of what a "big effortpost" is)

You must not vote for anyone else today. But to ram your point home, you must re-cast your vote on the same person a minimum of 10 times.

If you fail in this challenge, you will become hated, requiring 1 less vote to be lynched for the rest of the game. If you succeed, you will be lynchproof today and bulletproof during N3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh yeah, one other tidbit since Seagull posted his PM - the dayfarts were "1d4" but on D1 when I saw him farting on Beet I just set it to 4. :buddy:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

it was more than you deserved, shithead

You're welcome!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

TOML gets bandwaggoned into oblivion. “If we are to assume everyone has powers, TOML is playing an exceptionally hands off game. He's either scum or no great loss to the town.” Meanwhile, Hiip is still alive. :v: I wonder if Beet wouldn't have been so locked onto him because of his Day 3 objective? Note: Beet had failed his D3 objective from his first post. Didn't tell him till the end of the day. :cheeky:

:suicide:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Who are Oingo & Boingo?

Don't you mean Zenyatta & Mondatta?
Crunchyroll subs :suicide:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pretty much. You were the easiest target and I had to tunnel.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah that was a pretty big miss.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh yeah, one other tidbit since Seagull posted his PM - the dayfarts were "1d4" but on D1 when I saw him farting on Beet I just set it to 4. :buddy:

the correct answer

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And your disengaged toml style is scummy as bro

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm losing track already of which day is which, so let's just have the rest of the Thoth predictions so you can tell what the hell Beet was doing:

quote:

Bifauxnen wrote on Jan 4, 2016 07:28:
Hello Boingo! Here is your new prediction for D4!

The brothers continued to track the Joestars. Oingo planted a bomb shaped like an orange in their car. Jotaro went flying!

Your task for today is to get someone else to pick up the orange. You must make at least one post that has the word "orange" somewhere in it. (you can make more than one if no one's biting, but this is a dangerous gamble, as I'll explain in a moment)

If another player quotes you saying "orange", you've made the first step. The orange is now in play, and the person who quoted you has picked it up.

From this point on, anyone who says the word "orange" of their own volition, outside a quote, (including yourself) will have the orange passed to them. But anyone who quotes you saying the word "orange" again passes it back to you. So the goal is to get someone to quote you, but ideally only once. You must encourage the use of the word "orange", but without being so over-the-top about spamming it all over that you screw yourself by getting it passed back to you all the time.

If someone else has the orange at the end of the day, you win your temporary lynchproof and bulletproof status again. If you hold the orange, or it was never put in play, you become further hated.

This one was fulfilled very easily, when Gaspy quoted it and no one else mentioned oranges from then on.

quote:

Bifauxnen wrote on Jan 5, 2016 12:08:
Never mind, I found the orange quote! You're all good! But the next day's prediction is already appearing.

"About your new prediction... I really can't believe it. There's no way something that ridiculous could actually happen!"

Now stick your fingers up Polnareff's nose and... Lucky! This is your chance to kill them all!

Today to follow your fate, you must do something very awkward and embarrassing! And what could be more awkward and embarrassing than... gratuitous flavour speculation?

To earn lynchproof and bulletproof status this time, you must make a minimum of 10 flavor speculation posts. Each one must speculate on the powers or nature and/or potential scumminess of a different unflipped Stand role.

To do your research, you can look at the Stand descriptions here. (only the top section, "Part III: Stardust Crusaders" applies.)
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Stands

If you haven't completed this by the end of the day, you will become further hated!

quote:

Bifauxnen wrote on Jan 8, 2016 01:46:

Yay! The chance to kill them has arrived! But be careful.

We should hide and see how things go. It's still too soon to get close to them.

Today you must stay in hiding until the critical moment! You must not cast any votes unless it's within 2 hours to deadline!

If you succeed, you will be lynchproof for D6 and bulletproof for N7. If you fail, you will become further hated.

quote:

Bifauxnen wrote on Jan 9, 2016 09:30:

This next attack will be the climax! If he fires all of his bullets into that pipe at noon sharp...

Today, you must act with decisive precision! You must cast one and only one vote today, and it must meet one of these conditions.

EITHER:

Option A) Cast your vote in a post timestamped at precisely 12:00pm (Brisbane time, so 1:00pm Sydney time)

OR:

Option B) Cast your vote so it is the 12th vote cast this day.

If you succeed, you will earn temporary lynchproof and bulletproof status. If you fail, you will become further hated!

quote:

Bifauxnen wrote on Jan 11, 2016 06:33:
Bad news! Since your vote was not cast precisely 12th, you are now Hated x2!

After this unfortunate fiasco, Boingo takes some time to self-reflect.

Oingo... I'm starting to think revenge is really stupid.
If we use my Stand's predictions not for attacking others, but for our happiness and to help people in trouble...
People would love us, and I bet more good luck would come our way.
I'm sick of spending my life cowering under a box, afraid of everyone.

Take a free day today! You've earned it. Today no matter how you post or vote, you will be lynchproof for today and bulletproof for tonight.

=============//=============

If it were that easy to change your personality and grow as a person, no one would ever suffer.
Boingo became even more depressed than before.

But starting tomorrow, you will no longer receive predictions! You must carry on for the rest of the game with your hated status.

So on the final day, Beet was Hated x2 and only needed 2 votes to get lynched. And he could have been nightkilled.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Beetphyxious posted:

Pretty much. You were the easiest target and I had to tunnel.

but you blew your goal because you voted for me before your effort post, gj

Beetphyxious posted:

And your disengaged toml style is scummy as bro

:shrug:

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Town undoubtedly dropped the ball.

BUT

Never self vote.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bifauxnen posted:

So on the final day, Beet was Hated x2 and only needed 2 votes to get lynched. And he could have been nightkilled.

i'm glad i started going hard for boingo the instant that gif happened

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

but you blew your goal because you voted for me before your effort post, gj

:shrug:

I know that, but realised later on and you were still being scummy so yeah.

Carrying on a fine tradition I must say!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

Town undoubtedly dropped the ball.

BUT

Never self vote.

my self vote was part of the long game, the long game being to get auspol to stop blindly following beet down every loving alley

tangled, keating and i had a number of chats once keating and i had died, and we were all like "holy poo poo beet is hugely influential in the mafias"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

my self vote was part of the long game, the long game being to get auspol to stop blindly following beet down every loving alley

I've been lynched as many times by you or like Gaspy as you have been by us for this to be patently false.

I've struggled to get Bif lynched on more than one occasion.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

tangled, keating and i had a number of chats once keating and i had died, and we were all like "holy poo poo beet is hugely influential in the mafias"

Yeah on the last day BT was asking in scumdoc if she should go "Vote Beet if you're tired of being bossed around #vote_beet", and I advised against it because 'jokepost'.

She knew she was hosed for so long lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I've been killed very early in a lot of games. Gwyn was talking about it earlier this game actually.

Youre just confusing volume with influence

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Beetphyxious posted:

Nah this is my ~First Game~ and even I can see you were pretty influential.

People, from my perspective at least, would just fall in line with whatever you were claiming that day.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So now, about the rest of the fakeclaims. Surprisingly, the 3P was the one that got the most use!

Infinitum posted his already - he didn't want to claim Kenny G and didn't have time to get called out on claiming Lovers instead. Hiip's didn't get used cause he didn't end up doing much of anything. But his role was meant to make him look like a special unusual vig, who could hopefully fit into the context of the other special vig-like roles, Anubis and D'Arby being out there. Plus the gobs of protection and roleblocking in play.

quote:

Bifauxnen wrote on Dec 27, 2015 00:07:
Your fakeclaim is... Devo the Cursed!

Claimed alignment: DIO-aligned (town)
Stand: Ebony Devil

Devo's Stand resembles a voodoo doll, and has a severe drawback to its power. It only grows more powerful as its master becomes more hateful and vengeful. Meaning, Devo has to suffer pain to really power up his hatred, and thus his Stand.

Ability: PAYBACK
Your hatred meter will rise the more you are targeted by hostile night actions. Each night, you may also choose a target to visit, to try and speed things along. The target will beat you up, amplifying your hatred further. Once you have accumulated enough hatred towards a specific player, I will notify you and you can then choose on a following night to unleash your vengeance. This action works like a standard vigilante kill.

As someone pretending to be town, your win condition would be to eliminate all Joestar-aligned players.

*Standard Disclaimer: Fakeclaims are provided for the purposes of deception only and may not match your Stand's power exactly. If misunderstanding persists, consult your mod.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
TOML I think you had a partial(?) defence of Mith on d2 which probably detracted more from your cause than Beet.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Infinitum posted:

Yeah on the last day BT was asking in scumdoc if she should go "Vote Beet if you're tired of being bossed around #vote_beet", and I advised against it because 'jokepost'.

She knew she was hosed for so long lol

I didn't appreciate you two making fun of my incredibly obtuse math :colbert:

Really, the important thing that came out of that was me going "Wait, I'm a moron, Gwyn has to be town, and that means b_t has to be scum (or there's 2 ninjas)".

Babifying Iajanus at the end was a weird bit of logic based on assuming two scum--if we lynched town we were just dead. But if there had been another scum besides b_t, I'd have almost guaranteed a win, because we could just vote Seagull the next day, and Iajanus would be cut off of NK regardless.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For Mith's fakeclaim, I was a bit disappointed it never saw the light of day. I wonder if it would have "confirmed" her in people's eyes if she demonstrated results?

quote:

Bifauxnen wrote on Dec 27, 2015 00:15:
Your fakeclaim is... N'Doul!

Stand: Geb

N'Doul is a blind man who uses his water-based Stand and keen hearing to sense things around him. He is passionately devoted to DIO.

Ability: HEIGHTENED SENSES
N'Doul is a special type of watcher. Instead of fishing around trying to think of who to watch, he stays in his hiding place and listens closely to what is around him. He can learn a lot just by carefully analyzing the vibrations of someone's footsteps. While he cannot choose his targets, he is at least always guaranteed to "see" something. Each night he successfully uses his action, he will either watch or voyeur someone at random out of all of the myriad actions performed that night.

As someone pretending to be town, your win condition would be to eliminate all Joestar-aligned players.

*Standard Disclaimer: Fakeclaims are provided for the purposes of deception only and may not match your Stand's power exactly. If misunderstanding persists, consult your mod.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Beetphyxious posted:

I've been killed very early in a lot of games. Gwyn was talking about it earlier this game actually.

Yeah, no, you definitely shape the flow of discussion a lot. I mean, part of it was you getting confirmed by TOML, but I always felt pretty good about going with your logic.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And finally, black_tangled had a fakeclaim that was not actually a rolecop. It was intended to give her an excuse for visiting people without having to actually reveal any results, but also to work with her 1-shot bulletproof. And the "harmful effects" gave an out to possibly explain if she was doing the nightkill instead.

quote:

Bifauxnen wrote on Dec 26, 2015 23:49:
Your fakeclaim is... Rubber Soul!

Stand: Yellow Temperance

Rubber Soul's Stand is a very unusual one. Unlike most Stands which are invisible to normal people, his can become visible by binding to ordinary matter. Its amorphous blob-like nature also makes it practically invincible. It can corrode his enemy's flesh and absorb the organic matter to become even more powerful.

Ability: ORGANIC ABSORBPTION

Once per night, you may PM me a target for this night action. If successful, you absorb some organic matter from your target. One visit will not be enough to harm them, but multiple visits on the same person may have harmful effects. As you make more successful visits, you will gradually earn yourself shots of bulletproof ability.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The moral of the story is - don't try to out-JoJo the mod :frogc00l:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Nah this is my ~First Game~ and even I can see you were pretty influential.

People, from my perspective at least, would just fall in line with whatever you were claiming that day.

Yeah this game was my most succesful, normally I'm ignored or Gaspy and toml and bif have done quite well in the past to turn the thread against me.

Birdstrike posted:

TOML I think you had a partial(?) defence of Mith on d2 which probably detracted more from your cause than Beet.

No no, it was solely me responsible for getting toml lynched. He was blameless.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bifauxnen posted:

i called avdol's real power exactly :colbert:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The Lord of Hats posted:

I didn't appreciate you two making fun of my incredibly obtuse math :colbert:

Really, the important thing that came out of that was me going "Wait, I'm a moron, Gwyn has to be town, and that means b_t has to be scum (or there's 2 ninjas)".

Babifying Iajanus at the end was a weird bit of logic based on assuming two scum--if we lynched town we were just dead. But if there had been another scum besides b_t, I'd have almost guaranteed a win, because we could just vote Seagull the next day, and Iajanus would be cut off of NK regardless.

Babifying me was great, I really enjoyed having to think through my posts to get my point across. I was getting a little concerned that Seagull was scumshopping me like Inf had been, but b_t was so clearly scum I was hoping that we'd get some obvious answers after the lynch. I was just asleep too long to get to drop the hammer :(.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

For Mith's fakeclaim, I was a bit disappointed it never saw the light of day. I wonder if it would have "confirmed" her in people's eyes if she demonstrated results?

Poor Mith and her 'I hate lying' schtick. :allears:

Would love to hear the explanation of why you don't like to lie Mith.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Beetphyxious posted:

No no, it was solely me responsible for getting toml lynched. He was blameless.

I didn't mean it like that, lynched town is always blameless. TOML did nothing wrong.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Infinitum posted:

Poor Mith and her 'I hate lying' schtick. :allears:

Would love to hear the explanation of why you don't like to lie Mith.

Mainly because the thought of lying (even in a stupid game like mafia) gives me terrible anxiety and makes me think I'm a terrible person, so I try to avoid it.

But tbh it's getting in the way of my fun in the game so I might abandon that policy from now on.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
never lie

me repeatedly this game: "i am not scum"

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
A tactic I used as a cop a while ago was to run a case on an investigated town and see who followed. Here I managed to convince myself 3P Seagull was Dio and ran it anyway.

The point is I call this tactic "The Gaspy Manoeuvre.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

Mainly because the thought of lying (even in a stupid game like mafia) gives me terrible anxiety and makes me think I'm a terrible person, so I try to avoid it.

But tbh it's getting in the way of my fun in the game so I might abandon that policy from now on.

Yeha I honestly never believed it until this game, so I am going to ask you day 1 if you are scum in all future games with the only viable answer being yes or no.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i can't believe no one figured out i was the one silencing until then

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Yes miss. :angel:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Beetphyxious posted:

Yeha I honestly never believed it until this game, so I am going to ask you day 1 if you are scum in all future games with the only viable answer being yes or no.

That's another reason I am going to abandon the policy. Nobody actually believed that I was telling the truth anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One thing I am beating myself up over was loving up and getting myself killed off.

Had the betting event on that Hiipfire had to post more than Small Keating that day to win.
So in scumdoc I ask Hiipfire to make sure he just posts more then SK to help me win. "It's in the bag I think to myself"
Once Small Keating got up to like 15 posts I pretty much had to come out and say in the thread "Hiipfire I need you to post a fuckload more times, this is for a bet"
Then he never showed up :v:

So went gently caress it and helped close the vote off, if Hiip had posted that much it would have looked super scummy.

In scumdoc I guessed EXAKT was Darby from the way he was posting and proceeded to tell them to lynch him, but then I got this PM

quote:

Infinitum, you are currently removed from the game as if you were dead - you must not speak to anyone about the game under any circumstances!

You will not be flipped yet. Things may happen in the future to change this situation.

Then I remembered what happens in the series too drat late if Darby is killed while he's trapped my soul - I die as well.
Couldn't tell scumdoc to kill someone else.
Thread reopens and I'm dead.

I'm my own worst enemy :suicide:

That said I didn't know about poo poo like Doctors able to cure me and poo poo until too late, or that would have factored into my play.

• Locked thread