Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiowaChief
Jul 12, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Xarbala posted:

No seriously, when D1E posted a loving QCS thread I was all "what the hell is he thinking, what could he possibly hope to accomplish?"

A few posts later I was all, "...Oh."

Like thatguy can play it cool and DapperDon's alright, but you were basically a cat chasing after a laser pointer held by a bored qcs troll. Do you just have zero chill or something?

A bored QCS troll? Are you that loving retarded? Actually yes, you are that retarded. nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Exinos posted:

Compiling incapable.

What would one expect from a fictional language?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
suck my oval office!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

KiowaChief posted:

A bored QCS troll? Are you that loving retarded? Actually yes, you are that retarded. nvm

And do you have a better descriptor for how those posters were egging you on?

I'm not sorry if you're being offended by someone pointing out that you were getting angry at some pretty low key stuff, like a guy quoting a dumb post you made and asking "why did you make this dumb post." Even the Let's Play subforum has more chill and they nerd out about watching other people play a videogame they already play themselves. Like, you say the rest of the forums are an rear end cancer and fair enough, it's SomethingAwful. But then you made me feel genuine fremdschamen for how badly you handled it. It's why I'm posting at you assuming you're a reasonable human being and not an angry cactus with a fragile ego tied up in defending some other poster's honor.

That other poster is derek, by the way, who is all right when he's not being weird.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek "THEY DOXXED MY WIFE" Smart sighs heavily, and reaches for the MAD button.

"It's a dog-eat-dog world out there." he said, typing in more rebuttals as to why the graphics, gameplay, online functionality, audio, and many more facets of his game were so terrible.

"They just don't understand. I'm but a lowly indie developer..."

>Submit Reply

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Thoatse posted:

suck my oval office!
Didn't MoMA say this once? Good times.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Didn't MoMA say this once? Good times.
Or maybe that was Lazrin.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Click Profile

Click Add user to your Ignore list

Poof--makes following threads so much quicker when you cull out the truest poo poo posters.

KiowaChief
Jul 12, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Xarbala posted:

And do you have a better descriptor for how those posters were egging you on?

I'm not sorry if you're being offended by someone pointing out that you were getting angry at some pretty low key stuff, like a guy quoting a dumb post you made and asking "why did you make this dumb post." Even the Let's Play subforum has more chill and they nerd out about watching other people play a videogame they already play themselves. Like, you say the rest of the forums are an rear end cancer and fair enough, it's SomethingAwful. But then you made me feel genuine fremdschamen for how badly you handled it. It's why I'm posting at you assuming you're a reasonable human being and not an angry cactus with a fragile ego tied up in defending some other poster's honor.

That other poster is derek, by the way, who is all right when he's not being weird.

If you still can't figure out why the FYAD posters in that thread were the ones getting owned then I can't help you.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
And I'm right there with Derek. Someone accuses my wife of working at 3000AD--I'd be wanting some vengeance too!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

KiowaChief posted:

You are mentally unwell. Please relax by leaving the computer.

KiowaChief
Jul 12, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ArfJason posted:

Thanks for the advice! :fuckoff:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ArfJason posted:

Friend, didn't see you in the QCS thread. Hope you're doing well.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

HycoCam posted:

And I'm right there with Derek. Someone accuses my wife of working at 3000AD--I'd be wanting some vengeance too!
:five::vince::five:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

KiowaChief posted:

Thanks for the advice! :fuckoff:

Cool your jets.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

FYAD!

*click*

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

KiowaChief posted:

If you still can't figure out why the FYAD posters in that thread were the ones getting owned then I can't help you.

lmbo

KiowaChief
Jul 12, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ArfJason posted:

Cool your jets.

Apparently you missed this in my last response to you :fuckoff:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Buschmaki posted:

"drat Derek! Back at it again doxxing white mans."

How do you know they are white...Derek!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I've never seen this dude post here before today but I'm definitely Team KiowaChief.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

KiowaChief posted:

Apparently you missed this in my last response to you :fuckoff:

What are you so mad about? Sincere question.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm mad at Arf's fake sincerity, but seriously I doxxed Iowa Chef like 4 times now and he's clearly a Derek Smart rereg alt.

Step up your game, thread.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Look, Iowa Chef, you grow some drat good potatoes out in the wild.

But here? Here youre gonna get fried.

KiowaChief
Jul 12, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Look, Iowa Chef, you grow some drat good potatoes out in the wild.

But here? Here youre gonna get fried.

You need to step up your doxxing game.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HycoCam posted:

goddamn

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

:yikes:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:gonk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

This is art.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Scruffpuff posted:

The people trying to make it day to day now have to basically trick a clueless leader into thinking that progress is being made on things that don't exist at all. The best way to make something real to someone stupid is to give it a name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddTbNKWw7Zs&t=37s

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

please say someone has posted that on reddit or Spectrum

starkebn fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 25, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

Cool your jets.

I have no idea of wtf I'm quoting but weren't we promised some hot judge on pedo action today?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 25, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

trucutru posted:

I have no idea of wtf I'm quoting but weren't we promised some hot judge on pedo action today?

Was answered. Basically set another date.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Nicholas posted:

its unbelievable. they license out an engine and have to re-write the renderer, the phsyics engine, the entire networking stack, the AI, all the toolchains (er "pipelines") for creating gameplay functionality, maps, animations, and other assets.

maybe, just MAYBE, they chose the wrong engine?

pretty much the only thing they haven't (claimed) to have re-written from cryengine is the patcher. which is the one thing that needs to get updated.

Oh poo poo. This is the sickest burn against Chris Roberts judgment that could ever be delivered. Mods, sticky that poo poo.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ArfJason posted:

What are you so mad about? Sincere question.

his entire existence

KiowaChief
Jul 12, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Skip My Posts posted:

his entire existence

Scurry on back to FYAD

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

radd posted:

At least one space game has managed to get doors working.

https://gfycat.com/MammothDifferentGhostshrimp

:psyduck: It just keeps GOING!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Actual state of the game looks pretty rad imo

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Lua is named after our closest celestial body, the moon, in Portuguese. Please do not write it LUA, as it is not an acronym.

Bunch of arm chair devs in here who don't know nothin' bout game development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Bunch of arm chair devs in here who don't know nothin' bout game development

Well... Yeah.