Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Was Scott's wife sick for that long? That clip happened in 2002.

You sure that was 2002?
I am pretty sure that was a conversation on Sirius

Former Human posted:

Yeah let's get Stuttering John (no talent, can barely talk), Artie (unreliable, violent, lying junkie) and KC (certifiably mentally ill) as the "dream team" of a radio show. Good lord.

It would be a train wreck..and Id listen to every minute

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Yeah let's get Stuttering John (no talent, can barely talk), Artie (unreliable, violent, lying junkie) and KC (certifiably mentally ill) as the "dream team" of a radio show. Good lord.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

Yep, I stand by it. They get Gilbert in there every so often and I would gladly pay for it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Sand Monster posted:

I don't think Artie is reliable at this point, but if we're talking dream team, then yeah bring him and KC into the mix. That brief period where Artie, John, and KC were all part of the show is a really great era in retrospect.

Yeah, and I still stand by my Artie death prediction, Q2 2019.

Howard will still be on the air at that point.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This is outta nowhere but thanks to the guy that recommended me Funhaus like a year ago in here during our chat about Howard Stern pinball- it's one of my all time fav channels and I watch almost all their stuff they upload throughout the week ever since. I can't remember who you are but I'm ridiculously thankful.

Edit: it was actually 6 months ago but this year feels 10 years long

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

You sure that was 2002?
I am pretty sure that was a conversation on Sirius

Stuttering John is there so it has to be before 2004.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

I don't think Artie is reliable at this point, but if we're talking dream team, then yeah bring him and KC into the mix. That brief period where Artie, John, and KC were all part of the show is a really great era in retrospect.
This all sounds like the absolute worst show ever.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Let's bring back Crazy Cabbie while we're at it. All the hacks from the late 90s. Radio Gold!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Former Human posted:

Let's bring back Crazy Cabbie while we're at it. All the hacks from the late 90s. Radio Gold!

Remember on 9/11, when Joey Boots called into the show and tried to get people to beat up any Muslims they could find?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Howard Steeeeeeerrrn spends forty graaaaaaaand on small cooooondoms

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Give Rodney a chance!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I don't want to get too deep into FILES talk, but Stern and/or Sirius has been mounting a major offensive against all forms of freeloaders... a lot of the streaming hacks no longer work, the temporary account tool has gotten SUPER picky about email addresses, and the recent shows have been very hard to find on open torrent sites (USENET is, of course, a different story).

Also, I was a member of a Stern specific torrent site, and as of this morning they have removed all Stern content. From the sounds of it, they got seriously hosed in the rear end by his lawyers.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Squashy Nipples, I SPEAK YOUR NAME

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I'm not sure how I feel about the Lez Moonvez puppet, on one hand I like that he's ripping into the dude, but on the other hand, the bit requires too much set up, and I can't even figure out how to access the videos from the show.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I love it! I'm not sure how much the puppets really add, but when he was doing it as theater of the Mind over the last few weeks, I was really enjoying it..

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It just never ends. It’s the same joke over and over again. I haven’t even gotten to Wednesday’s show it was funny for like the first hour of Monday. But it just doesn’t end.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
How was Norm's interview this morning?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Astro7x posted:

It just never ends. It’s the same joke over and over again. I haven’t even gotten to Wednesday’s show it was funny for like the first hour of Monday. But it just doesn’t end.

Yes, but Howard enjoys it so much!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yes, but Howard enjoys it so much!

Yeah and he also said if you don't like it you can basically go gently caress yourself.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Howard's really pushing the puppet act, which is great if he's having fun with it, but he'll get tired of it pretty soon.

E: I wish he still had that energy to put into the Fox News Musical he so excited about a few months ago.

Johnny-on-the-Spot fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 13, 2018

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Odddzy posted:

How was Norm's interview this morning?

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1039916846781104128

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah, and I still stand by my Artie death prediction, Q2 2019.

Howard will still be on the air at that point.

I just finished listening to Artie's book, Crash and Burn, and ye gods. As an addict myself, hearing this somehow made me feel a whole lot better about myself and my handling of it. Artie's poo poo just never stops and I don't get even the slightest sense of optimism about his prospects. He's completely full of poo poo about everything any cycles between self indulgence and phony remorse so often I can't see a way out for out for him (except one).

He was really good on the show but, aside from the roasts, his stand up loving sucks. I'd never really listened to it before but the book got me curious and i made it maybe 10 minutes.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can confirm as someone who has seen him live, his stand-up indeed loving sucks. At least there was a fuckin stellar line of acts that night to make up for him (amy schumer before she got big and lost her touch, dave attell and Jimmy Norton). Literally Artie's whole act were stories and bits from the show.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about the Lez Moonvez puppet, on one hand I like that he's ripping into the dude, but on the other hand, the bit requires too much set up, and I can't even figure out how to access the videos from the show.

It's the worst bit the show has ever had. He's hardly ripping into him and it's not funny.

Edit: Sidenote, I've been using a 30 day free trial for the last 3 or 4 years and Sirius finally did away with it. Looks like it's only downloads for me from now.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Moniker posted:

It's the worst bit the show has ever had. He's hardly ripping into him and it's not funny.

Edit: Sidenote, I've been using a 30 day free trial for the last 3 or 4 years and Sirius finally did away with it. Looks like it's only downloads for me from now.

I was able to listen in Incognito mode for a few months but I guess they got wise to that too

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

He was really good on the show but, aside from the roasts, his stand up loving sucks. I'd never really listened to it before but the book got me curious and i made it maybe 10 minutes.

Note that Artie's roasts had heavy contributions from Sal, Benji, and others.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Beer League wasn't that funny and he carried it around like some kind of comedic magnum opus, so it isn't necessarily shocking to hear that his stand-up is bad. He's good at riffing off of other people's bits. Not so great at writing his own material that isn't improv.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I got an Amazon Firestick and its populated with Shortcuts to all these off brand streaming services. Beer League was on one of them.

Like, Rob Riggle has a better career right now and he just put something out on Crackle called Jet Ski Patrol or something.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Beer League wasn't that funny and he carried it around like some kind of comedic magnum opus, s

I could have been missing something in his tone/inflection or whatever, but I never got the impression that he thought it was the Citizen Kane of comedy.
I only ever got the impression that he was just being all "yeah check out my d level comedy movie cause its got me in it". And he plugged the poo poo out of it on the show, because, well, he was on the show.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I have a soft spot in my heart for Dirty Work, but Beer League is unwatchable.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

wesleywillis posted:

I could have been missing something in his tone/inflection or whatever, but I never got the impression that he thought it was the Citizen Kane of comedy.
I only ever got the impression that he was just being all "yeah check out my d level comedy movie cause its got me in it". And he plugged the poo poo out of it on the show, because, well, he was on the show.

I dunno, my impression of his attitude was that he liked to humble brag, because he's a Jersey Italian and they love to be fake humble about stuff like that. i think he held the fact that he got a proper Hollywood film released in high esteem. maybe he never specifically was like "this is a great film with great comedy" but i mean, he definitely thought the movie was earnestly funny

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

I dunno, my impression of his attitude was that he liked to humble brag, because he's a Jersey Italian and they love to be fake humble about stuff like that. i think he held the fact that he got a proper Hollywood film released in high esteem. maybe he never specifically was like "this is a great film with great comedy" but i mean, he definitely thought the movie was earnestly funny

Nah, he was just full on pimping it. He knew the value of frequent free plugs on The Howard Stern Show, as did whoever funded Beer League.

Jackie, now there was a man who undervalued his plugs... such chutzpah! Howard always gave him every single plug he demanded: during the show, after the show, as a live read coming back from commercials!!! Howard even did live reads for that the recorded and played as commercial bumpers.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Sneak peak at the first 90 minutes of Monday's show!

https://people.com/tv/julie-chen-supports-husband-les-moonves-in-her-return-to-big-brother/

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

That’s very funny. They will probably fire her for next season, seeing as the only reason she had the job was being married to les moonves. How egotistical do you have to be to think you’re the most important part of big brother.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Squashy Nipples posted:

Jackie, now there was a man who undervalued his plugs..

"Jackie penthouse joke page martling, his new filthy olio CD available on his website. For show dates and filthy 3d jokeman visit jokeland dot com".

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

"Jackie penthouse joke page martling, his new filthy olio CD available on his website. For show dates and filthy 3d jokeman visit jokeland dot com".

I can still hear the calliope music...

Do-doot-doot-doot-tada-doot-doot-doot...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

an adult beverage posted:

That's because Dirty Work is a magnum opus.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_dU55XT63o

I wish the little guy was around because I'm sure he'd be on Shark Tank by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Can I taste yo juice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJl73sPEIE4