Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i say swears online posted:

ugh the Crabtree sideline tiptoe

This should require trigger warnings I'm just minding my own business reading the Texas politics thread and all of a sudden I've got a thousand-year stare as I flashback to that horrible night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Ross Perot insulted my long hair when I sold him a Hobie Cat for whatever Caribbean beachfront he owned. That was my first job after high school.

Apparently he thought that all men should have crew cuts, and enforced that pretty strictly at EDS.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

PostNouveau posted:

This should require trigger warnings I'm just minding my own business reading the Texas politics thread and all of a sudden I've got a thousand-year stare as I flashback to that horrible night

We could have aborted the Tebow legend before it was born

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

i stared at that post for like twenty seconds just watching the play in my mind lol

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Vanilla ice once flipped me off at a red light because I cut him off in traffic.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

zoux posted:

It's not so much a city as a sprawling conglomeration of strip malls built atop a fetid toxic chemical swamp surrounded by gated communities full of the richest racists since Belgium was mining in the Congo

This is a pretty accurate description of Houston, yeah :hmmyes:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Dameius posted:

I lived near Marvin Zindler as a kid and he sponsored a lot of my school charity things. It was nice.

I hope he cracked down on any 'slime in the ice machine' issues while he was there.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Parrotine posted:

This is a pretty accurate description of Houston, yeah :hmmyes:

And yet it's still a better city than Austin.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Uhm...

UT-Austin working with Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, conservative donors to create “limited government” think tank

quote:

Over the past eight months, leaders at the University of Texas at Austin have been working with private donors and Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick to launch a new think tank on campus that would be “dedicated to the study and teaching of individual liberty, limited government, private enterprise and free markets.”

Legislators already approved initial funding for the Liberty Institute, slipping $6 million into the 2022-23 state budget without giving details of the project’s aim. University officials have also committed $6 million. All involved have been vague or silent about their plans so far when asked by faculty and student groups. And they have repeatedly denied interview requests from The Texas Tribune about the project’s intent, its budget and who is involved.

But emails and documents obtained by the Tribune via open records request show that UT-Austin President Jay Hartzell and others at the university have been working in earnest with Patrick, UT-Austin donors and UT System Board Chair Kevin Eltife, a former Republican state senator, to launch the Liberty Institute as a way to bring “intellectual diversity” to campus. At least two well-known UT-Austin alumni and conservative donors, oil tycoon Bud Brigham and billionaire businessman Bob Rowling, also have been involved in the project.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Can the legislature actually allocate taxpayer funds for an explicitly partisan endeavor?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Parrotine posted:

I hope he cracked down on any 'slime in the ice machine' issues while he was there.

He gave me a signed postcard of him and mickey mouse when he did that pledge x money per lap thing for me. I think I might still have it in a chest or something somewhere.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

Can the legislature actually allocate taxpayer funds for an explicitly partisan endeavor?

Who's gonna stop them?

(And get ready for their argument of "this isn't explicitly partisan, 'limited government' and 'individual liberty' don't have to be a partisan thing and are definitely not codewords, actually it's the Democrats who are trying to put party labels on this")

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

"Small government, private enterprise and free markets" require our tax dollars to go to subsidize a political think-tank. Free market at work!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Isn't this just TPPF

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

zoux posted:

Isn't this just TPPF

But with more government subsidies!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

"Small government, private enterprise and free markets" require our tax dollars to go to subsidize a political think-tank. Free market at work!

yeah that's the first thing I thought lol

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Small government for thee, but not for me!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to recognize Ted Nugent from any other dipshit that dresses like him and acts like him.

I haven't really seen any Texas/Houston celebrities outside their natural habitats, guess I'm not going to the right places.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i saw ted cruz at a bdsm club once, please use your imaginations

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

No

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Mods?!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm just imagining him looking around at everyone else in the establishment and getting off on looking down on them for being there, completely oblivious to the irony.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1430979167408082955

Odd, I don't recall being woken up in the middle of the night about this.

Honestly, vaccine mandates for cops would probably be one of hte most effective police reform measures we could implement. I imagine the cohort of vaccine refusing cops and police brutality, in-it-for-the-fascism cops is pretty much an identical set

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

abloobloo alert

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1430979167408082955

Odd, I don't recall being woken up in the middle of the night about this.

Honestly, vaccine mandates for cops would probably be one of hte most effective police reform measures we could implement. I imagine the cohort of vaccine refusing cops and police brutality, in-it-for-the-fascism cops is pretty much an identical set

theyre going to get replaced with people just as awful so im ok with some of them choosing to die over this

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Grav1/status/1430978934313783310

Dan Patrick and Allen West hitting up a lot of feed stores apparently.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

theyre going to get replaced with people just as awful so im ok with some of them choosing to die over this

No, I'm presuming they'll quit before they get vaccinated, and anti-vaxxer cops aren't going to fill those roles.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Swears, this is too funny, please back it down a bit. Thanks in advance (TIA)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ReidRansom posted:

Lol, Abbott says he's building a wall.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yeah great make where I live even worse for flooding.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Jiro posted:

Yeah great make where I live even worse for flooding.

A tropical storm should fix The Wall 2.0 nicely.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/23/trump-border-wall-reportedly-severe-disrepair-arizona

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TexasDSHS/status/1431019883463159812

It's going great. Just great.

TAKE THE loving VACCINE YOU MORONS

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
What if I've already taken the vaccine AND I want to eat horse paste?

Checkmate

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

At least that poo poo happens in the middle of nowhere, that crap happens in Las Milpas or Garciasville, La Puerta, Weslaco, Mercedes it's going to be really bad.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Erdfxc

Sab0921 posted:

Watched the video of Allen West's wife being arrested. She did fine on the field sobriety test, then blew clean on a breathalyzer and they arrested her anyway with a 3 mo old baby in the car.

Victim of racist cops

I’m sure this will cause Allen West to rethink his choices on the factions and people he’s aligned himself with.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/crampell/status/1431256987581489159

Rather than eating horse paste and dying, I would avoid contracting the disease cause by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 by GETTING THE loving VACCINE

The people going around and saying vaccines are for sheep are literally taking medicine FOR loving SHEEP THERE'S A PICTURE OF A SHEEP ON IT

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

You know, if the store owners are able to tell so easily that someone doesn't have livestock, they could just refuse to sell them the stuff

Or not, whatever :shrug:

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

You know, if the store owners are able to tell so easily that someone doesn't have livestock, they could just refuse to sell them the stuff

Or not, whatever :shrug:

You can't ask me if I own livestock, that's a HIPAA violation

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/WilliamJoy/status/1431277115622690819

Greg Abbott and the rest of the state republican party furiously trying to block any attempt to prevent this from happening because the GOP primary voters have totemized masks as "liberal". Oh and they will pay zero political consequences for any of it. A failure of this magnitude should result in a loss of seats for the ruling party, but it won't because policy outcomes and electoral outcomes are completely disconnected now.

https://twitter.com/PeterHotez/status/1431190248948645895

Is it? Is it tragic? This guy wasn't just some fox news grandpa sitting at home, he was out here trying to get more people infected with the virus to own the libs.

quote:

In July, Caleb Wallace reportedly helped organize “The Freedom Rally,” an event that billed itself as a protest against the “government being in control of our lives.” He also founded “The San Angelo Freedom Defenders,” which hosted a rally last year to “end COVID tyranny.”

He wrote a letter in April to the San Angelo Independent School District and published by a local news outlet demanding that the school district “rescind ALL COVID-related policies immediately.” He falsely claimed that wearing masks had harmful effects on children and that there was “little evidence that masks worked for anyone.”

When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30.

Jessica Wallace told the Standard-Times that she was “less conservative” than her husband and personally wears a mask.

He's THIRTY

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Greg Abbott and the rest of the state republican party furiously trying to block any attempt to prevent this from happening because the GOP primary voters have totemized masks as "liberal". Oh and they will pay zero political consequences for any of it. A failure of this magnitude should result in a loss of seats for the ruling party, but it won't because policy outcomes and electoral outcomes are completely disconnected now.
people in power actually deserve death from all this, maybe Abbott has worms and needs some paste