Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sakurazuka posted:

I've decided I absolutely hate the multi-stage boss battles in 3, when the health bar hits zero that should be boss done, it just makes the earlier stages feel like pointless busywork. Even when BB bosses had completely obvious split phases it still only used one health bar.

Eh I don't mind because the bar only changes when someone enters the fight, lothric and the nameless king. Everyone else just gain moves at 50%
I'd say the ornstien and smough works the same, though technically it's refilling a health bar instead of adding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bushmaori posted:

I come back after months and a new DLC and they still haven't fixed the glitch with phantoms and fog doors?

JFC From, get your poo poo together

Yeah, that bug is the worst :( You're summoning someone because you want help, and instead all you're doing is beefing up the boss' health.

I decided to summon for the Crystal Sage on my freshest character to get to the DLC as quick as possible (so I basically ran straight there) and all I ended up with was a harder boss and a wasted ember.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm going to have to get the dlc arena if I want to fart around with miracles. Im probably going to have to respec, again, too because I can't settle on a weapon with a low stat investment. I've really been spoiled on the heavy weapons to space out and batter bigger noobs than me.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
In another time, another place, Corvians were renowned comedians.

http://plays.tv/video/5811e5e6a0a28b87d0

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eh I don't mind because the bar only changes when someone enters the fight, lothric and the nameless king. Everyone else just gain moves at 50%
I'd say the ornstien and smough works the same, though technically it's refilling a health bar instead of adding.

O&S also has better music.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is there a single Let's Play or stream that doesn't immediately and forever start using the Fallen Knight set? And no one reads the pants description either :(

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Look maybe people enjoy basking in urine, don't kink shame.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Your Computer posted:

Is there a single Let's Play or stream that doesn't immediately and forever start using the Fallen Knight set? And no one reads the pants description either :(

I don't know about fallen knight because I never liked that set but then I'm addicted to Kirk's since DS1. My favourite sets so far in DS3 (aside from mixing them for fashion souls' sake) are the Northern set (warrior starting armor), good old Alva, Outrider, Sellsword, Leonhard's and the new Slave set (with something else as hat).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I use the helmet and shirt but not the pants

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I'm using dancer chest and gloves with Leonhard's tricorn and thighhighs

Azuth0667 posted:

O&S also has better music.

Ds3 actually has my favorite boss tracks I think. Yhorm's is really great. By the whole series has been pretty good about boss tracks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

the final boss doesn't

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Manatee Cannon posted:

the final boss doesn't

Yeah he does.

His name is Gwyn

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I beat soul of cinder the first try so I don't remember the fight too well. I didn't have a lot of time to learn what was going on.
I didn't have any trouble with bosses with stages in the main game so it didn't bother me. Hell the storm king goes down in like eight hits.
I could see being really bummed out that a boss actually isn't dead in a souls game. I just didnt run into that since having enough Gatorade was never the problem, it was losing all my health to one combo.

What boss did piss me off was the wyvern. No one liked the bed of chaos. loving hell the snake men are annoying and that arena maximizes how frustrating the big ones are.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Your Computer posted:

In PVP people wearing that set are free kills. In contrast, people wearing the most ridiculous combinations are nearly unbeatable.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah anyone wearing dumb fat looking armor is probably extremely dangerous.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Slave Knight assless chaps is the new meta.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
After playing and beating all of these, it's my opinion that the games would be better if they removed the souls for levels mechanic and just went with basic XP and gold instead.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think the fallen knight armor looks cool, but right now I'm wearing the Faraam helmet with Artorias's armor, outrider knight leggings, and silver knight gloves. I look ragged and sharp. It requires a fashion tax though if I use the onyx blade, sadly.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried the new arena with my pyro, just laying down Warmth and trying to get people to walk into a cloud of toxic with floaty chaos orbs about. It... was not fun. Everyone ignored the Warmth, i had no idea if i was hitting people with my purple clouds and that new pyro spell is really underwhelming. Admittedly, i know it was silly to try it but i just wanted to help spread a little chaos! In the end, i devolved back to the chaos bed remnant spam and some big wacky stick. I think the lava mace weapon art works better now but it's still relying on you being willing to absorb a hit.

Thank you for listening to my story :v:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ditty bout my clitty posted:

After playing and beating all of these, it's my opinion that the games would be better if they removed the souls for levels mechanic and just went with basic XP and gold instead.

I'm glad they don't because I'm really, really tired of gold farming in games. At least souls as a universal currency makes them stay useful through the whole game. In most RPGs you either wind up with an abundance of gold, or you never have enough for anything without a lot of grinding.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
How about heart containers and rupees instead?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Getting the dark moon ring is a nightmare I hate this

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
How useful is it to infuse a weapon with bleed if it already has it?

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Urgh

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I hope the second DLC place drops Titanite Chunks more readily.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want it to have a blue titanite slab.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also no more snow please.

Game industry in general can stop with snowy fantasy worlds for another five years thanks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I hope the second DLC place drops Titanite Chunks more readily.

you can buy chunks infinitely in this game, can't you

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
yeah, archdragon peak has ashes that allow you to buy them. expencive though.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

How useful is it to infuse a weapon with bleed if it already has it?

Isn't. Just use carthus rouge.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Also no more snow please.

Game industry in general can stop with snowy fantasy worlds for another five years thanks

I think a craggy desert Soulsgame area might be pretty cool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The desert lands of Jugo, where the viking Benhart is from, and also the scantily clad fire witches I guess.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There weren't any deserts in Dark Souls 1 so surely they wouldn't go that route.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Been out of the DS3 loop for a while, but what to people think of the DLC? It has been getting some damning reviews online, which is unusual (almost all of them in previous games were great).

Also did they really fix poise with the new patch??

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I think most of the negative steam reviews are if you had season pass you got it a day late, and people are idiot babies.

RBA Starblade posted:

The desert lands of Jugo, where the viking Benhart is from, and also the scantily clad fire witches I guess.

Yeah they need to add in slut gear.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
God damnit, another first playthrough where the guy goes straight from the Fallen Knight stuff to the Abyss Watchers stuff. :cripes:

I'm otherwise really enjoying the GenerationHollow playthrough though. The first few episodes where he was constantly amazed in a perpetual ":haw:" really sold me, and he seems thorough. Current pet peeve is his use of the term "Darkwraith" for everything Londor or abyss related, but his theorizing is otherwise really fun to listen to!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah they need to add in slut gear.

Your Computer posted:

The Slave Knight assless chaps is the new meta.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Your Computer posted:

The fallen knight set looks ugly as hell. The cape especially looks terrible, I just hated how there was a giant gaping hole that splits the back like that and the cloak just looks like gross tissue paper stuck to your back. The hood looks stupid too with its crooked like design. And the armor itself doesn't give that much damage absorption.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Your Computer posted:

God damnit, another first playthrough where the guy goes straight from the Fallen Knight stuff to the Abyss Watchers stuff. :cripes:

I'm otherwise really enjoying the GenerationHollow playthrough though. The first few episodes where he was constantly amazed in a perpetual ":haw:" really sold me, and he seems thorough. Current pet peeve is his use of the term "Darkwraith" for everything Londor or abyss related, but his theorizing is otherwise really fun to listen to!

He's also really really terrible at pronunciations

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
If you hate yourself try going two-handed heavy weapons and full exile set ignoring the 70% weight cap for rolling.

Never knew why poise got so much hate but boy do I know now. I miss my fatass two-hander from DS2. :(

Also weapon art stomp giving you poise is actually bugged. I had the zweihander and I was getting stun-locked even when I used stomp. It straight up didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
holy poo poo the sabre is good for invasions. the weapon art destroys people.