Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

oddium posted:

i want to die

No it's good. It's fine. I value 16 elo more than an hour of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

please don't post torture videos in the thread.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

same

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
You were using a stall team and got rid of your Gliscor counter. Voted 1, reported for timer stall and getting sooo lucky.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

I thought that guy said he'd make you see it out til the end? Also he never stood a chance against stall with the team he had, poor guy.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Bogart posted:

You were using a stall team and got rid of your Gliscor counter. Voted 1, reported for timer stall and getting sooo lucky.

I can't remember why I decided to sac avalugg to the Breloom but I assure you it required an immense IQ and I did it while pleasuring a woman

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Aristide posted:

I've played around with several of the cloning glitches and it's actually easier to get the timing right thanks to just being able to tap the touchscreen and then hit resume if you undershoot it.
Can you run through the bad clone process and reset timing for Gold/Silver on VC? I've been trying to figure out the timing to reset, prepping the boxes as per Glitch City, and it still does not seem to work.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

I am Reverend posted:

I can't remember why I decided to sac avalugg to the Breloom but I assure you it required an immense IQ and I did it while pleasuring a woman

It's true, I figured it out mid match. Reverend had to lure the opponent into thinking they won so they'd throw super hard.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

I am Reverend posted:

this is no woman

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you cant spell "Pee Pee Stallion" without "pp stall"

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

How does Avalugg use Recover anyway? Like I get how pokemon like Starmie and Toxapex recover because Starfish are really good at regenerating irl, and Alakazam can do it because he's got a giant Anime brain, but how does Avalugg do it?

Does he like, quickly glue the ice bits he loses after he gets punched back on?

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

How does Avalugg use Recover anyway? Like I get how pokemon like Starmie and Toxapex recover because Starfish are really good at regenerating irl, and Alakazam can do it because he's got a giant Anime brain, but how does Avalugg do it?

Does he like, quickly glue the ice bits he loses after he gets punched back on?

He immediately congeals extra ice mass out of atmospheric water. Like the ice guy in Xmen who grows back after being dismembered or something.

I haven't watched Xmen in a long time, shut up

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Avalugg can regenerate becauae there is no global warming in Pokémon world.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Who gets or doesn't get certain moves is completely arbitrary. Why does Sableye get Recover? Why does Aurorus get Electric moves but not Power Gem or Aurora Veil? Why doesn't Dedenne get Dazzling Gleam or any Fairy attack that isn't the physical Play Rough?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Let’s be honest, Dedenne’s Fairy typing was just tacked on because of the gen it was introduced in.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The pokedex entry says it looks like an aircraft carrier made of ice, which is a reference to Project Habakkuk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Habakkuk). One of the advantages of the ice carrier is that it would have theoretically been easy to repair with water and wood pulp. So Avalugg is just patching up holes on itself.

(It's probably just an arbitrary move that they gave it, but it'd be cool if that was the reason)

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/921010242590146562

Welp, time to start saving for a Switch.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

lmao

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

less laughter posted:

Let’s be honest, Dedenne’s Fairy typing was just tacked on because of the gen it was introduced in.

It's better then another not-pikachu mono electric.

It's basically the not-pikachu or pikachu related thing tradition to be related to a gimmick of the gen. Pichu = breeding/baby pokemon, Plusie/Minium = Doubles, and Alola Raichu, well, alola formes.

Not surprised at all, but a little bummed Gen 7 won't get any remake games. Hope they go all out with the post game legendary availability in USUM and even throw in a mythical or two like they did in ORAS.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 19, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean depending on how you define “mainline” they could still put a remake on 3DS
:tinfoil:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gen 4 remakes being the first games on the switch would be kinda nuts

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

finally a portable pokemon game. praise iwata

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'll bet we don't see the Gen IV remakes until Gen VIII. Gen VII is shaping up to be a lot like Gen V all over again with the two sequels, and it looks like they're establishing a pattern of 4 games per generation.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

glad your opponent was such a good sport

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ruggington posted:

gen 4 remakes being the first games on the switch would be kinda nuts

I'd be curious if there was ever a plan to do Gen 4 remakes with gen 4 being playable on a 3DS. With the Switch being new hardware and a new start I wouldn't really be surprised if Gen 8 attempts to do some sort of Gen 1 remake/remix or takes place in Kanto.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mandatory lesbian posted:

glad your opponent was such a good sport

it reminds me of that one replay where the guy is like "you won through luck alone i cannot tarnish my reputation with a dishonorable loss". competitive pokemon is really bad unless it's which one is cooler/cuter

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

you lost completely in skill

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

it reminds me of that one replay where the guy is like "you won through luck alone i cannot tarnish my reputation with a dishonorable loss". competitive pokemon is really bad unless it's which one is cooler/cuter

idk what reverend looks like but i imagine he's v cute

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

4ds confirmed

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

mandatory lesbian posted:

idk what reverend looks like but i imagine he's v cute

Reverend is the best looking DK player.

Small hurdle but still...

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I want to see his' rear end

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Bogart posted:

I want to see his' rear end

bottom row :yosbutt:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
mmmmmmm

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

Nice work! I would have accepted some art of the GIS, so this is well above and beyond.
The dude at target gave me a fistful today when I asked for just one for Nethilia, so I have 6 more to give away. Post a pic (no need for it to be an original, Nethilia set that bar pretty high) of Mimikyu dressed as someone else to get one.

Bumping this. Still have six codes to sell for the low low price of Mimikyu lookin' like someone else.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

It's better then another not-pikachu mono electric.

It's basically the not-pikachu or pikachu related thing tradition to be related to a gimmick of the gen. Pichu = breeding/baby pokemon, Plusie/Minium = Doubles, and Alola Raichu, well, alola formes.

Not surprised at all, but a little bummed Gen 7 won't get any remake games. Hope they go all out with the post game legendary availability in USUM and even throw in a mythical or two like they did in ORAS.

You forgot Togedemaru you monster

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
By the way, RNG says Ometeotl won my bad mon/mspaint contest. Check your PMs. :)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I work next to a gamestop, so I'm going to pick up the shiny Silvally next week. I'm not going to be pushy over getting multiple codes, but if I do get them I'll give them away in here.

Although since I don't have plat I'd just be posting the codes straight in here under a spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bogart posted:

By the way, RNG says Ometeotl won my bad mon/mspaint contest. Check your PMs. :)

Good, that means that Gardevoir is now canonically the worst pokemon.