Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Gudako kicked everyone’s rear end in the fate/zero event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Billzasilver posted:

Gudako kicked everyone’s rear end in the fate/zero event

Just dogpiled Gilgamesh with half a dozen Servants leaving Saber and Iskander wondering what they just witnessed.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Awww, I forgot to collect all the copies for the new years CE.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

the_steve posted:

Isn't every heroic spirit automatically nerfed by virtue of Gudako being a scrub-tier mage?
Sure, they're the world's greatest master, but their actual mana/power level is somewhere around "the farmer from Dragonball Z."
It's why Zerker Heracles isn't benefitting from the full effect of his 12 Labors and whatnot.

Probably, one of Herc's interlude's pretty much shows him barely being under Madness Enhancement since the mana drain from that being active causes Gudako to pass out.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

Gramps is harsh.

Yo do you have the source for that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oh Snapple! posted:

I initially didnt care about the rerun but then i saw it has :frogsiren:PAGES:frogsiren: so gimme those gat dang dangos

Hop aboard the murder train, I am going to devour paper for hours

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shinjobi posted:

Hop aboard the murder train, I am going to devour paper for hours

Yes. Merlin must feast. On paper. I am going to make him eat paper.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's always a trip looking at the shop for the first run of Moon Goddess. Gold/Silver XP, Rider/Archer/Assassin Monuments & Pieces, fous, and a few event CEs, and that's it. The only mats were from quest rewards.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

It's always a trip looking at the shop for the first run of Moon Goddess. Gold/Silver XP, Rider/Archer/Assassin Monuments & Pieces, fous, and a few event CEs, and that's it. The only mats were from quest rewards.

it's good because it means you have no reason to bother redoing that awful grind

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Yo do you have the source for that

Off the Reddit originally, but somebody I follow on Twitter posted it because go to the FGO Reddit haha no.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well, the rerun has plenty of great mats in the shop; stingers, claws, pages, hearts, etc. Also the general breakdown of the free quests is different and the higher AP nodes dish out a lot more overall dango drops so it shouldn't be nearly as tedious as running the 5AP over and over again.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Some more pages'll definitely be nice to have since Ozy and a couple of my roll targets this year want them, but at the moment I'm really looking forward to the hearts. The 13 guaranteed ones from the shop/quest rewards'll give me just barely enough to fully ascend Ozy, Musashi and Ibaraki before uh. Immediately being pretty much bottomed out on them again with a bunch of other people demanding stacks of them for skill upgrades...

Shinjuku's permanent Heart mode is going to be such a godsend.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I will never have enough Hearts.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Claws seem to be my eternal need. Altera needs them for her skills, and it's only good civilization to provide.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Just dogpiled Gilgamesh with half a dozen Servants leaving Saber and Iskander wondering what they just witnessed.

Considering the timing, it'd be Gudako and Waver rolling up then melting everyone with some assassins and an endless wave of Jalters. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nate RFB posted:

I mean this was back before everybody had more Pieces than they could ever use.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Iirc the relative weakness of our servants in game has less to do with gudako as a mage and more to do with the modified nature of the Chaldea summon system.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I can't decide if I prefer the idea that freshly-summoned level-1 servants are just barely-tangible phantasms, or doofy gudaguda-esque chibis before we fix their saint graph by pouring exp into it.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Crasical posted:

I can't decide if I prefer the idea that freshly-summoned level-1 servants are just barely-tangible phantasms, or doofy gudaguda-esque chibis before we fix their saint graph by pouring exp into it.

They're barely tangible gudaguda phantasmal chibis of course

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The last time I counted the number of hearts I needed, which was months and months ago, I needed over 600 of them, but also events almost always have hearts in some form or another, so I'm not too worried about it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Crasical posted:

I just think of them having been summoned in the laziest, most useless part of their lives, and it's up to you get them back into shape, possibly with some sort of montage.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I just think of them having been summoned in the laziest, most useless part of their lives, and it's up to you get them back into shape, possibly with some sort of montage.

Feel like the obvious song should be Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For A Hero." For that.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Considering the kind of effect that NPs like Enuma Elish and Stella and the like have been demonstrated as having in the fiction, I figure Chaldea's summon system probably puts all kinds of shackles to make sure the Servants don't completely warp geography of history in their mission

Like they say that "History will just come up with a reason for why that happened" but... actually come to think of it, I'd like to hear the retconned historical explanation for there being several kilometer-sized craters dotting the United States landscape in the 18th century from when we were cleaning up Medb's mess

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alien Rope Burn posted:

For some servants (*cough*robin) this is literally the progression of their ascension lines.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

OnimaruXLR posted:

Considering the kind of effect that NPs like Enuma Elish and Stella and the like have been demonstrated as having in the fiction, I figure Chaldea's summon system probably puts all kinds of shackles to make sure the Servants don't completely warp geography of history in their mission

Like they say that "History will just come up with a reason for why that happened" but... actually come to think of it, I'd like to hear the retconned historical explanation for there being several kilometer-sized craters dotting the United States landscape in the 18th century from when we were cleaning up Medb's mess

What do you think the Grand Canyon is?
(No I have no clue if it is even remotely close to any major battle we had)

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I just imagine the singularities run on Feng Shui laws and history plain can't be changed by superpowered magic blasts.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Bold of you to assume anyone else knows the secret of Fen Shui. best pnp rpg

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Here's a random idea for a challenge run: Randomized teams. Basically, you fill up your Teams as you get Servants, and once all your teams are full you burn the rest. So First Team would be Mashu and the first four Servants you rolled, second team would be the next five, etc.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Bold of you to assume anyone else knows the secret of Fen Shui. best pnp rpg

My greatest shame as a Gamesmaster is never having managed to run a Feng Shui game (did a cool one-shot everyone loved though).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's going to be hard not to roll for Arthur come White Day, but I've already resolved myself to trying to save quartz for both hopefully an Okita NP2 at Gudaguda and later on for the anniversary with Sherlock and of course the summer Servants. God, why is summer always so action packed

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Read some Fate/Requiem spoiler son Reddit and apparently:

my random musing of making the Voyager probe a Servant apparently came true!

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

So I found out I've inherited my grandfather's allergy to penicillin (and that was a fun eight hours in the emergency room) so I decided to buy myself some quartz to cheer myself up. Did a 10-roll for Grandpa Bones, and hey! A gold card!

Wait, holy poo poo, it's a gold Assassin card! Oh my god, is this who I think it is?

Nope!

Welcome to Chaldea, Carmilla. We've already got three different Elizabeth's lined up to welcome you.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Did a start of ym random challenge idea for fun, not sure if I will actually progress or not but heh I had time to lose.

Team 1: Mashu, Carmilla, Mephisto, Boudicca and Jing Ke. That's a weird team.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

Welcome to Chaldea, Carmilla. We've already got three different Elizabeth's lined up to welcome you.

For what it's worth, Carm's done work for me, especially during the KnK event, since she gets bonus damage vs females on her NP. :shobon: good luck with the allergies

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Read some Fate/Requiem spoiler son Reddit and apparently:

my random musing of making the Voyager probe a Servant apparently came true!

i know aesthetically that servant is already very much riffing The Little Prince but drat if i don't want that to be his true name and the voyager stuff to be half/part of that amalgam, instead of just fully voyager

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alien Rope Burn posted:

That would explain Jaguar Warrior going like she was dressed for a pajama jammy jam to a pimp yakuza enforcer.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Carmilla is genuinely solid but for some reason it didn't click with me until that little Gramps & Shiki comic posted earlier that my NP4 Carmilla is gonna get up to some stupid bullshit with Merlin, I guess 'cause I usually just pick up a friend Jack when I need an extra assassin so I forget about her.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

dogsicle posted:

i know aesthetically that servant is already very much riffing The Little Prince but drat if i don't want that to be his true name and the voyager stuff to be half/part of that amalgam, instead of just fully voyager

what even is riffing The Little Prince? I'm not familiar with that story.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

dogsicle posted:

There's precedent with the various phantoms for weird hybrid servants so fingers crossed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Crasical posted:

what even is riffing The Little Prince? I'm not familiar with that story.

they are both blonde and wear yellow scarves, plus the requiem servant/Voyager is holding a tiny plane of the same model that Antoine de Saint-Exupery (author of The Little Prince) flew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Carmilla is a great servant with shockingly good stargen and NP gain and a buster NP. She’s easily herc level good against riders, if you’re not already using Jack.