Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

It hasn't been shown but simplest path would be:

Ride Makeout Meteor to B2 Earth --> Use space powers to pull the frog temple from the ocean --> Shrink B2 Earth to pocketmonster size because reasons --> Use the frog temple transporter

The frog temple transporter that would be on the earth that is in her inventory?

Even if it was that simple, explanations are needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

AriadneThread posted:

It hasn't been shown but simplest path would be:

Ride Makeout Meteor to B2 Earth --> Use space powers to pull the frog temple from the ocean --> Shrink B2 Earth to pocketmonster size because reasons --> Use the frog temple transporter

Oh, right. Duh.

Rorus Raz posted:

We have no idea when he did the sprite stuff since TIME TRAVEL and all that. He could have grabbed Aradia's music box during the three year trip, messed with the kids, and then came back with nobody noticing. Then he rode the meteor with Jade to Earth where he prepared for Caliborn and Calliope to arrive.

How would he get from the meteor to the planets and back, though? He can't fly.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Bongo Bill posted:

The frog temple transporter that would be on the earth that is in her inventory?

Even if it was that simple, explanations are needed.

Huh?
If she shrunk down the Earth sans frog temple, she could still use temple, I would think.
I mean, yeah, I hope we get an actual explanation, if only to establish why she needed to go to B2 Earth to begin with, but I don't think it's that convoluted for her to get back.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm confused as to what level of sentience and consciousness Jade is working with right now.

Is the Condesce just like, using her as a microphone or. What's goin' on.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

VJeff posted:

I'm confused as to what level of sentience and consciousness Jade is working with right now.

The black text she's speaking with implies that's the case.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bongo Bill posted:

The black text she's speaking with implies that's the case.

If so, why did she woof?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'd say she speaks for the Condesce, but not directly (as in a directly microphone-like way). I'd expect her to straight up talk like the empress if that was the case.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Thundarr posted:

If so, why did she woof?

Cause the condesce is controlling the dog part. :woof:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am like, 99% sure that between this update and "John Egbert has gone missing", this is straight up confirmation that John has 'eluded' Jade by straight up glitching himself out of existence. Or at least into incomplete data, a hefty mass of which is spying on Jake and Jane, or something of that nature.

Running with the Let's Break Pokemon Blue link from the previous page, I'd say he's gone more or less full missingno, in that his data is glitched enough to cause other glitches in the surrounding area, or other such trickstery tomfoolery. But don't quote me on that one.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Ariong posted:

Well, it does seem to involve trust in others, among other things. You have to really trust someone before you allow them to fly you somewhere, I imagine.

Maybe. Or maybe it's something much more important.

If it is John, this gives him the chance to gather intel on Condy's plans completely unnoticed.

Notice the red. :gonk:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

VJeff posted:

From the flash, it seems like the human part was put "asleep" using Vriska's powers, while at the same time, the dog parts of her were controlled using Tavros's powers. So Jade's personality is currently gone, and whatever is left (bits of Bec? Jade's subconscious?) is talking, relaying messages from the Big C.

Color Printer posted:

So uh is this a cell window or what?

EDIT: how did I fuckin' miss Bobulus editing that into his post, sorry about that. :psyduck:

The more I stare at it, the less it looks like John and the more it looks like Skaia to me. Not sure what that means. Maybe Jane is forcing Jake to continue playing the game, as the most gullible player?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bobulus posted:

From the flash, it seems like the human part was put "asleep" using Vriska's powers, while at the same time, the dog parts of her were controlled using Tavros's powers. So Jade's personality is currently gone, and whatever is left (bits of Bec? Jade's subconscious?) is talking, relaying messages from the Big C.

The more I stare at it, the less it looks like John and the more it looks like Skaia to me. Not sure what that means. Maybe Jane is forcing Jake to continue playing the game, as the most gullible player?

Skaia is nowhere near that dark.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ariong posted:

How would he get from the meteor to the planets and back, though? He can't fly.
It's possible that he actually IS god tier. Even if he isn't, there's a bunch of silly means for him to travel to each planet. It's not like there was a shortage of methods of flight available to everyone.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Rorus Raz posted:

It's possible that he actually IS god tier. Even if he isn't, there's a bunch of silly means for him to travel to each planet. It's not like there was a shortage of methods of flight available to everyone.

I guess he could take his rocket unicycle.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

A theory from Tumblr I like:

quote:

WAIT A SECOND HOLD THE gently caress UP

JANE IS CURRENTLY IN A PRISON ON DERSE

YOU KNOW WHO ELSE IS CURRENTLY IN PRISON ON DERSE?

AND YOU KNOW WHAT TOMORROW IS?

FATHER’S DAY

I don't see Jane snapping out of it anytime soon, but I could easily picture Dad observing her (without her realizing he's there) and having a reaction.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Bobulus posted:

I don't see Jane snapping out of it anytime soon, but I could easily picture Dad observing her (without her realizing he's there) and having a reaction.
Dad having a reaction? Doubtful.

Dad dying on the other hand! :haw:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

He has totally has reactions. "Stern fatherly disapproval" is a reaction.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

You guys know the rules. All guardians end up dead. :colbert:
Frankly, Dad's lucky he's made it this long.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Theres a good theory on tumblr (omg right???) that the reason John's missing is because he found the Ring of Void. Or that the rings are one and the same and he put the one he has on. It would explain how he got away from Jade too.

Plausible?

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...

Nephthys posted:

Theres a good theory on tumblr (omg right???) that the reason John's missing is because he found the Ring of Void. Or that the rings are one and the same and he put the one he has on. It would explain how he got away from Jade too.

Plausible?

DD and Roxy have both worn the Ring of Void before, and we could still see them within the comic.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Nephthys posted:

Plausible?

John lost the ring he had when he went on his BRODYJOHNQUEST. It got left behind on the ship.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Kazy posted:

John lost the ring he had when he went on his BRODYJOHNQUEST. It got left behind on the ship.

Yeah, but then he was bored enough to iron his pants. Presumably he would go get the ring during that time. It was on the same planet and such.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Soon means nothing right now.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, but then he was bored enough to iron his pants. Presumably he would go get the ring during that time. It was on the same planet and such.

This is the same guy who left his only means of communication with his friends in a wallet that he sent off into space, I don't think forgetting about the ring after that whole experience is entirely out of the question.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The main reason I think John got the ring was so that he could immediately lose it when Jade kicked him in the face.

edit: unrelated request: When we got to the part of the story with the double-juggalo-presidents, someone (Radiation?) actually made a three-minute audio replica of their inaugural address. Anyone have a link to it?

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 16, 2013

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bobulus posted:

The main reason I think John got the ring was so that he could immediately lose it when Jade kicked him in the face.

edit: unrelated request: When we got to the part of the story with the double-juggalo-presidents, someone (Radiation?) actually made a three-minute audio replica of their inaugural address. Anyone have a link to it?

Actually, it was the new national anthem.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Bobulus posted:

Took me a while to find it, but here you go.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

How did i not know that this existed. This is incredible.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So, uh. Roxy. Got the literal power of creation in your hands there.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Fucknag posted:

No, she just steals a concept's unreality, forcing it to become real.

I think?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Wow, she really is the suckiest Jade there is. Never thought I'd ever hear Jade talk about disemboweling people.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Triskelli posted:

No, she just steals a concept's unreality, forcing it to become real.

I think?

I imagine this universe that doesn't exist and steal its unreality OH HEY LOOK AT THAT!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Fucknag posted:

So, that makes the Rogue of Void that can steal the unreality from things, the Muse of Space that can presumably imagine things into existence, and the Page of Hope, that makes things more real by believing in them.

Odds that the three of them together could make something very, very important?

edit: I love how the Batterwitch can simultaneously be so smart and so dumb. She makes all these complicated plans, but they fail for the worst reasons. Now she's planning a non-sburb world to rule from, and it turns out it's the very one her enslaver grew up on.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 17, 2013

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Glad that Roxy is immediately aware of the mind control that's going on, especially because it will be an amazing contrast to Jake failing to realize that Jane isn't acting of her own free will.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bongo Bill posted:

Glad that Roxy is immediately aware of the mind control that's going on, especially because it will be an amazing contrast to Jake failing to realize that Jane isn't acting of her own free will.

Speaking of, kinda shocked at how lucid and chatty Jade is. It's less like she's being actively controlled and more like someone flipped a switch to make her "EVIL" I wonder if Jane will be the same.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Oh man, I want that "this is not a space egg" animation for an avatar so bad, but I think it might be too large to scale down well to avatar-size.

As for the Condesce speaking through Jade, I think Jade is just under one of HIC's many orders: OBEY. On top of that, Tavros could commune with and lead animals, so this may be an extension of the Taurus power provided to her by the tiara. Otherwise, why not just psychically enslave all the kids and just have them do whatever she wants? It would explain why she is able to control Jane (tiaratop) and Jade (dogtier) but doesn't seem to be able to use the Scorpio power we've seen on her tiara (though like Vriska's power, it may only put humans to sleep). Why go through the song and dance of Jade threatening Roxy and Jane menacing Jake if she could just put all the kids under mind control and have them do her bidding immediately?

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 17, 2013

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Triskelli posted:

Speaking of, kinda shocked at how lucid and chatty Jade is. It's less like she's being actively controlled and more like someone flipped a switch to make her "EVIL" I wonder if Jane will be the same.
I think this is the best interpretation. Sort of like how Grimdark Rose was obviously very angered and irrational, unlike the regular Rose who is composed with her thoughts. It also accounts for Jade clearly referring to Condesce in the third person.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
fuckin jake's wily bitch-rear end grandma

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, I think we already know that the Condesce never succeeds in resurrecting Alternia. That doesn't mean no such resurrection will take place, as it's basically Kanaya's destiny, but I don't think it's going to begin here. Roxy's very intelligent. I think she's going to try to conjure up an object that can be used against Jade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

e: quote is not edit, I am dumb, sorry