Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

anyway here's a story https://thedailybounce.net/2018/02/18/wargaming-contributors-meeting-maps-and-more-maps/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Fat Jesus posted:

thought they were changing Paris and Pilsen to make them less poo poo next patch (lol)?

Paris isn't fixable while remaining anything close to the same map, since <10% of it is even salvagable. You have to change literally the ENTIRE map, including bases, except maybe you can keep K2-5 and J4/J5.

Pilsen is a worthless map because anything outside of the 1/3 lines is utterly worthless, so I guess they can remove the dumb suicide warehouse in the middle and make the east less awful and change the bases so that pushing from east isn't suicidal. So I guess 20% is salvagable.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Fat Jesus posted:

thought they were changing Paris and Pilsen to make them less poo poo next patch (lol)?

paris is 98% unchanged. didn't see pilsen.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
T-28 Proto is loving boss.

Fourth game and Ace'd with everything except the tracks and top gun. Running the 105mm for now but it's a solid choice with vents, rammer, and gld. Even in a Tier X match I'm able to support pretty well. I think I'm gonna like this thing.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Someone call the Library of Congress to have circons latest stream in its entirety preserved as aesthetically relevant, aka rolling over tier 7 while the tryhards are ushered to ranked mode:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/230672630

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

sauer kraut posted:

Someone call the Library of Congress to have circons latest stream in its entirety preserved as aesthetically relevant, aka rolling over tier 7 while the tryhards are ushered to ranked mode:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/230672630

I watched most of his stream last night and he legit had some of the best games i've ever seen all night. His overlord 4 v 1 in the LTG was something great.

Edit: Stalingrad, Windstorm, Swamp and Sacred Valley gone for 1.0. Highway probably too. What a world.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 20, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I watched most of his stream last night and he legit had some of the best games i've ever seen all night. His overlord 4 v 1 in the LTG was something great.

Edit: Stalingrad, Windstorm, Swamp and Sacred Valley gone for 1.0. Highway probably too. What a world.

Won't be sad to see any of those maps gone, however Stalingrad and Windstorm were easily fixable and they NEVER loving BOTHERED. Like seriously, remove ALL the rubble piles from Stalingrad (so the minimap is actually accurate) and change the north on Windstorm to be like the only relevant part from Hidden Village, boom done map fixed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're going away for 'testing' aside from swamp which is straight dead. They do seem to have removed most of the maps with obvious side imbalances except for mines and mountain pass. Mines will never die.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

Mines will never die.

probably made by Kislyi jr.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

quote:

Swamp, Windstorm, Stalingrad, Sacred Valley
These maps will be put out of the rotation

:nallears: those maps own in pub games

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I like Stalingrad.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

yeah I have nothing against any of the those maps except Sacred Valley

hell I even like Stalingrad!

Mines get the gently caress out

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

A Handed Missus posted:

Getting rid of swamp means I can stop screaming at my team to stop lemming training into the castle, so that's something.

SV is a good removal, map sucks. Others I don't care about, tho I'll admit I won't miss windstorm

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

What's the beef with Sacred Valley? I always thought it was good, but I'm bad

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

ROFLburger posted:

What's the beef with Sacred Valley? I always thought it was good, but I'm bad

There is pretty much no reason to ever go to the south east corner. The main fight happens in the north west with a bit of skirmishing through the mid. If you win the north (the mid is really working to help flank the north), you just turn around and defend from whatever is coming from the south east.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Well, this certainly hasn't happened to me in...ever

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

A Handed Missus posted:

I had the best ever game I've played on Stalingrad but I have to admit that if you're not in a certain type of tank its complete poo poo. I don't like it because like many of the city maps + tiny open area its literally the same game every single time. Unarmoured TD's, scouts and meds go to the coast. Heavies and super armoured td's go brawl in the middle.

I suppose you could say that about every single map though.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
In case you haven't noticed, there's a 30% discount on T8-T10 tanks until the 26th. Not bad.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_6VXNTTgec

They've 'flattened' out the terrain on a lot of the maps because the test server was full of whiny bitches in russian mediums complaining about their lack of gun depression.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Always fun when you get the most spotting damage on your team in a tier 8 game when you're the only heavy and you're a loving O-I. :cripes:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

everyone knows that the best way to spot is with your face

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

Swamp: Pushing west from north is suicide, pushing east from south is suicide.
Windstorm: pushing north is suicide
Stalingrad: pushing east is suicide, also the lovely unmarked rubble piles removes a lot of the potential of the map since you lose most of your potential flanking routes
Sacred Valley: pushing south or center is suicide

replace 'suicide' with 'worse than useless' or 'worse that literally idling in spawn' depending on what you want to do. Sacred Valley in particular is a poo poo map since it had a complete rebuild a year ago and it made the south even more worthless since now it can't even snipe ANYTHING with that new mountain in the way and that new castle is a deathtrap.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

empty quoting as I have nothing else to contribute to this statement.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Anyone in here know poo poo about the campaign? A long time ago I spent those little campaign reward papers on unlocking the light tank final mission. I'm regretting that. if I reattempt and complete the light tank final mission with honors (or whatever), will the slips be refunded or am I hosed? I would really like to skip the artillery campaign

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

ROFLburger posted:

Anyone in here know poo poo about the campaign? A long time ago I spent those little campaign reward papers on unlocking the light tank final mission. I'm regretting that. if I reattempt and complete the light tank final mission with honors (or whatever), will the slips be refunded or am I hosed? I would really like to skip the artillery campaign

I'm pretty sure that any mission you skip will return your papers when you complete it with honors. Also, you can start working on the next campaign tier's missions once you have all 15 missions completed with honors in each of the other 4 tank classes. For example, I have Mediums, Heavies, TDs, and Arty completed 1-15 with honors for the Stug campaign, and now I'm able to work on the T28 HTC missions even though I haven't beaten the Stug's LT-15 mission. I don't recall if I also have access to the T28's LT missions, though.

So you can break through and start earning more papers in the next campaign tier if you buckle down and master 4/5 of the tank classes in the tier.

I've got an LTG and a handful of other mid-tier scouts and I find the light tank missions seem to ask for unreasonable numbers for missions you can start at Tier IV, since they require you to outspot all of the TDs and mediums with better view range and then depend on your pubbies to capitalize on spots and tracks. Most of the other missions with honors seemed to fall into my lap eventually, even artillery.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Prav posted:

I don't mind spotting poo poo, I'm just sad when I do and all the lights and mediums on my team are camping too far back to shoot it. (I didn't say I got a lot of spotting damage...just the most on my team :v: )

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ranked is dead.

SPOT WITH YOUR FAAAACE

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 21, 2018

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Based on the valued advice received in which Tier 8 Russian Heavy I should take, I promptly ignored it and took the IS-M instead.

It has the makibgs of a great sidescraper for sure, but I can't get over how poo poo the stock gun and turret is. I bounce a good number of hull shots but anyone who can recognise the stock turret gets an easy ride, plus the stock gun can't pen for poo poo. So I need ~60k xp to escape this madness. Coupled with the fact that only 20% of my games yesterday were top tier or all tier 8 matches, it's going to be a nightmare.

So Tier 8 really is as bad as they say? I don't claim to be good at this game at all, but getting sniped by multiple t10 swedish TD's from outside your, and your teams view range, despite hanging back, gets old fast.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Emnity posted:

So Tier 8 really is as bad as they say? I don't claim to be good at this game at all, but getting sniped by multiple t10 swedish TD's from outside your, and your teams view range, despite hanging back, gets old fast.

It's probably worse than you've heard.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Look it's very easy, pick a tank you want to play and pick a premium or two you want to play next to it.
Queue up in the t8 you want to grind, if it's a T10 game you just rush to the first best spot, deal as much damage as you can while dying, then go play the premium tanks.

It's very simple, you are not forced to play every match, if you don't like it get out. There's no fun involved in playing some of these poo poo boxes in +2 mm, so don't do it.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

It feels like it's been a lot worse lately, too

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Tier 8 is extremely good

today I played against an IS-6 that was shooting nothing but HE at my beautiful T34 turret

(he did hit my tracks once for 100 damage :ohdear:)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A Handed Missus posted:

today I played against an IS-6

Could of stopped with that and it would of been lol funny already.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Tier 8 is just so... tiring? Either you're in some lovely stock/semi-stock tank, something that has been powercrept, something that can't pen dumbshit superheavies, there's three arty that just want to shoot you, your tier 10's are a triple platoon of terrible tomatoes red-line sniping in TDs...

Then when the roulette wheel hits your number and those things aren't true you likely end up in a map that doesn't play well to your tank or something else goes wrong and it's a 15-2 roflstomp.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Just bought the T-34-2.

:smithicide:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I found the T-34-2 bad but fun but also bad.

Also finally got the Skoda Teran Versus Protoss, first game was a 5,000 damage loss :thumbsup:

Wish you could change nations on crews, I have too many french ladies.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 21, 2018

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Just bought the T-34-2.

:smithicide:

I just got through that thing and good Christ am I happy that I'm done with it.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I have a bunch of t10s unlocked, but to buy any I need to grind t8 prems for hours on end. Even with credit bonus reserves. It's just so soul crushing I've stopped playing instead. I wish they had not stopped doing missions that rewarded a bunch of credits which you could do with different tiers.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Try the Tiger131 to grind credits, I find it's actually enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

I have a bunch of t10s unlocked, but to buy any I need to grind t8 prems for hours on end. Even with credit bonus reserves. It's just so soul crushing I've stopped playing instead. I wish they had not stopped doing missions that rewarded a bunch of credits which you could do with different tiers.

Yeah, I ran into that as well. Compared to the cash payouts in botes, the payout here just feels like someone flicking a few molecules your way as a consolation prize.