Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Every time a cop uses the word "civilian", they should be charged with stolen valor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Man everyone is missing the point of Hillary running for office. If she wins they can finally add that episode of Sliders to netflix where she was President in a female dominated world.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

pentyne posted:

I'll never forgot watching that night when Karl Rove started aggressively trying to argue it wasn't a decided election and a Fox News anchor actually went down to speak to the electoral statistic experts and ask them if they were confidant in calling it for Obama. They were, 100%.

Oh my god yeah when he jacked like 10 mins of airtime to argue it wasn't fair to call the election for Obama, while Fox were flashing OBAMA RE-ELECTED under him the entire time.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Die monster, Die!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pentyne posted:

Man everyone is missing the point of Hillary running for office. If she wins they can finally add that episode of Sliders to netflix where she was President in a female dominated world.

Why do you think the right is so scared of her, it's a documentary as far as they're concerned.

edit

John Stossel is trying to pretend he's a reasonable person again.

quote:

Fox Business host John Stossel joined Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor" on Tuesday night to tell host Bill O'Reilly that Christianity is not under attack.

"Your 'war on Christianity' — you’re just a 10-foot-tall crybaby," Stossel told O'Reilly. "It’s not so bad. Christians aren’t being killed."

"Not yet," O'Reilly jumped into say.

"And not in America, and they’re not going to be," Stossel said.

O'Reilly then claimed that Christians are "verbally being killed."

"You shouldn’t be diminished because you believe a certain way," O'Reilly said. "Aren’t you outraged by that?"

"What’s diminished?" Stossel asked in response, adding that Christians make up a majority in the U.S. "You've won."

"It’s not a matter of winning. It’s a matter of respect," O'Reilly replied.

O'Reilly lamented that "secularists" want "unfettered abortion" and "gay marriage."

"I’m a secularist, and I don’t want unlimited abortion," Stossel said. "I think you paint with too broad a brush."

O'Reilly then noted that Stossel is not a "secular progressive."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/john-stossel-o-reilly-war-christianity

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 15, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Mr Jaunts posted:

GOB Bluth for president

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

John Stossel is trying to pretend he's a reasonable person again.

Nah, it's just the normal Libertarian 5-minute rule. Keep him talking and

STOSSEL: GAY MARRIAGE MOVEMENT ‘HAS MOVED FROM TOLERANCE TO TOTALITARIANISM’ posted:

STOSSEL: ...Look, I’m for gay marriage, but I think this movement has moved from tolerance to totalitarianism — it’s the totalitarianism of the left.

O’REILLY: I have no — you are absolutely right on that.

STOSSEL: No baker should get to stop two people from getting married to anybody they want.

O’REILLY: They can’t stop it. A baker can’t stop it.

STOSSEL: But they shouldn’t be forced to bake the cake.

O’REILLY: I agree with you.

STOSSEL: I disagree with you and Marco Rubio. This is not about religious rights. It’s about individual freedom.

O’REILLY: All right. Well, you can carry that over.

STOSSEL: They don’t have to prove that it’s religious.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/mike-huckabee-goes-on-insane-rant-will-call-fire-heaven/

Mike Huckabee has threatened to fire the holy ion cannon of god:

quote:

“I stand here on Mt. Carmel today,” he continued, “and I hope that, if called upon, I would be willing to stand all by myself and to call fire from Heaven and believe that God will answer even if there are hundreds and hundreds of false prophets on the other side. You may stand here someday and be called upon to call the fire from Heaven. I hope you’re ready to believe that God will answer that prayer.”

Read more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/mike-huckabee-goes-on-insane-rant-will-call-fire-heaven/

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

SnakePlissken posted:

Die monster, Die!

Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

isildur posted:

Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

But it'll be enough talk any day now, just you wait. Then I'll have at you!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Bunleigh posted:

Today David Brooks grudgingly wrote that body cameras are probably a good idea before writing an entire column about how sad it is we'll lose the Andy Griffith-like relationship he imagines America has with its cops.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/14/opinion/david-brooks-the-lost-language-of-privacy.html

quote:

Putting a camera on the police officer means that authority resides less in the wisdom and integrity of the officer and more in the videotape.

loving duh. I'm surprised he could write that line without recognizing the irony.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

LloydDobler posted:

loving duh. I'm surprised he could write that line without recognizing the irony.

Once again, David Brooks taught a course which he titled "Humility."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

:getin: Do it. Seriously, do it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I don't understand his argument because being a christian I rarely (if ever) heard any pastor that spoke towards me ever go out of his way to discuss politics on the pulpit. Generally it had to do with what Jesus said (spoiler alert: He was pretty awesome), and how we should apply it to our own life. How we should try our hardest to try to emulate Christ, among other things.

Why is this a problem? I don't come to Church to be talked down to like I'm google searching #TCOT, but rather I'm looking for spiritual guidance.

It saddens me because I really want to be involved with the faith more but it feels like people like Huckabee have done their best to try to burn down any bridge between people like me because they seem to crave power and influence, rather than actually serving God.

e: Notice how he only cites old testament verses?

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 15, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't understand his argument because being a christian I rarely (if ever) heard any pastor that spoke towards me ever go out of his way to discuss politics on the pulpit. Generally it had to do with what Jesus said (spoiler alert: He was pretty awesome), and how we should apply it to our own life. How we should try our hardest to try to emulate Christ, among other things.

Why is this a problem? I don't come to Church to be talked down to like I'm google searching #TCOT, but rather I'm looking for spiritual guidance.

It saddens me because I really want to be involved with the faith more but it feels like people like Huckabee have done their best to try to burn down any bridge between people like me because they seem to crave power and influence, rather than actually serving God.

It was always weird to me as a Jew hearing this poo poo too. Like, yea obviously the line between 'politics' and 'religion/culture' is blurred on the Israel issue so I've heard plenty of Rabbis use their position to speak on that, but I can't imagine how all but the most Conservative group would react to a Rabbi talking politics from the authority as a spiritual teacher. Like, yea I guess if it was a social issue like gays or minority rights I can see it being more a 'ok a little heavyhanded but yea he felt this was his place to share his view' but like, a Rabbi going off about the fuckin tax code outside of casual conversation or something would be looked at like an utter madman in most every community.

I mean it helps I guess that for us a Rabbi is just a very wise person who has devoted themselves to studying God's laws rather than THE SPEAKER FOR GOD but unless I'm missing something that's not really a 'thing' in most Christian branches too, right? Like Catholics view priests and all as a 'go-between' kinda (in glib terms) but I don't think protestants have a thing where they think a priest speaks with God's authority on the whole, do they?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Ironically, thanks to Kyrie's thread I know exactly what Huckabee is referencing:

2 Kings 1:9-15 posted:

9 Then he sent to Elijah a captain with his company of fifty men. The captain went up to Elijah, who was sitting on the top of a hill, and said to him, “Man of God, the king says, ‘Come down!’”

10 Elijah answered the captain, “If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men!” Then fire fell from heaven and consumed the captain and his men.

11 At this the king sent to Elijah another captain with his fifty men. The captain said to him, “Man of God, this is what the king says, ‘Come down at once!’”

12 “If I am a man of God,” Elijah replied, “may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men!” Then the fire of God fell from heaven and consumed him and his fifty men.

13 So the king sent a third captain with his fifty men. This third captain went up and fell on his knees before Elijah. “Man of God,” he begged, “please have respect for my life and the lives of these fifty men, your servants! 14 See, fire has fallen from heaven and consumed the first two captains and all their men. But now have respect for my life!”

15 The angel of the Lord said to Elijah, “Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.” So Elijah got up and went down with him to the king.

Cythereal posted:

:getin: Do it. Seriously, do it.
:agreed: I wanna see Huckabee get some of that Old Testament "active intervention" God going.

And no cheating by using JDAMs Huckabee.:colbert: "Multiple JDAMs pinpointed to your exact location" might be considered fire from Heaven/divine intervention 2000 years ago, but we can tell the difference now. (ISIL probably can't though.:v:)

fade5 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 15, 2015

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Edit: Stupid phone.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

fade5 posted:

And no cheating by using JDAMs Huckabee.:colbert: "Multiple JDAMs pinpointed to your exact location" might be considered fire from Heaven/divine intervention 2000 years ago, but we can tell the difference now. (ISIL probably can't though.:v:)

I'm okay with this.

As long as the JDAMs hit him first.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Get it???

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

I never pegged him at being so open about his proclivities.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

OAquinas posted:

I never pegged him at being so open about his proclivities.

Someone had to take that picture

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

If I were Clinton's campaign manager, I'd tell her to go to a KFC. Not even a community outreach thing, literally just walk in, get some chicken to go, and leave after making some small talk with the cashier and maybe a few families there. Time how long it takes for someone to go on air and ask "Clinton spotted at a KFC! Is she trying to win the government niggotiator vote before Ben Carson announces?"

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I don't get it. He's a weirdo about sex? But what does tax day have to do with that?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
His tax return came in so time to party?

Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to relate that to tax day though.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I'm glad he's practicing safe sex.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

He's getting raped by the government you guys.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh

That makes the photo even more stupid

Yeah that fits

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Nice of the government to lube up, that poo poo is expensive.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
crowder tears are a better lubricant though :confused:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

No, but then I don't get any of his other jokes.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I took this just to be a self aware reference to him being a dick.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Phone posted:

crowder tears are a better lubricant though :confused:

Cheap and free too.

There is something pretty off about him beyond just being third rate conservative commentator. The apparent pride he takes in "waiting until marriage," the half-assed dressing in drag, and whatever that picture is supposed to be paint a picture of something far from well-adjusted.

There's either twink heads or a LOT of leather and unusual furniture in his basement/office.

bij fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 16, 2015

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

That KY Water based stuff sucks, is that the joke?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
finally on tax day he can make his way into his wife's completely uninterested vagina by using twelve entire bottles of lube

also this guy looks kewl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

whaley fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 16, 2015

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

I thought the joke was that he has to pay for sex, so he's happy about getting his tax return.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Mancowger

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
With certain benefit plans offered by employers, you can get condoms with money you don't have to pay taxes on.

A flexible spending account cartoon. Er, image.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh wow, I always thought that applied to female contraception methods only, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

site posted:

Oh wow, I always thought that applied to female contraception methods only, huh.

I'm a lady and I used mine to buy condoms and I put them on my boyfriend's penis and after that we engaged in sexual congress.

Livin' the dream. :whatup:

EDIT: Flex accounts are fuckin' great and I recommend at least putting $100 on one if your employer offers it. You can get the following with a flex debit card without any prescription:

a google search posted:

Athletic Braces & Supports
Bandages
Baby Sunscreen
Baby Thermometers
Breast Pumps & Accessories
Blood Glucose Monitors & Test Strips
Blood Pressure Monitors
Children's First Aid
Children's Sunscreen
Condoms
Contact Lens Solution