Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
It used to be around ~30, WotC added another 40, probably uncompressed audio mostly.

If you're crashing on startup, unsubscribe from the community highlander mod (and disable mods when running). The highlander seems to be what's causing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Psion posted:

why is XCOM2 seventy-five gigs

like what is it doing

Giving it to ya

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Psion posted:

like what is it doing

Losing control of the situation!!!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Hahahaha, the terror mission at the bar. Run Bradford up to shank some sucker, reveal a purifier-lancer-grunt pod.

Stun Lancer runs up to Bradford and gets Blademastered. :smug:

Purifier takes cover next to Bradford and gets...Blademastered. :psyboom:

Well that's one way to lose points for injuries.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So is most of the new campaign additions mostly just cosmetics then? All of the new missions and things are just one off scenarios from the main menu?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Man theres a hell of a lot more content than I expected. When they said 4 new missions they really should say 28. Fully voice-overed too with lots of interesting fluff.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Unsubscribing from the Highlander seems to have allowed to at least make it past the launcher. I forget how many of my mods require the highlander, but they will be missed. For now I've just turned everything off.

edit: I spoke too soon! Something else I haven't unsubscribed to yet must be killing it.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 9, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Psion posted:

like what is it doing

have you never played this game. theres at least 300 aliens you fight. data isnt free

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Well, the dam mission is a good way to trigger some terrible flashbacks to XCOM1.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Falcorum posted:

Well, the dam mission is a good way to trigger some terrible flashbacks to XCOM1.

Better than the last map in that sequence, at least it's a cool setpiece and is now a map wrapper for random campaign missions.

Also: the first campaign gave me the option to give my grenadiers proximity mines. I've been oh so very...naaaaaughty :D

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU_QI61YI5g

Time for Bradford to bite some Chrysallids and make more Bradfords.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Alkydere posted:

Also: the first campaign gave me the option to give my grenadiers proximity mines. I've been oh so very...naaaaaughty :D

I took the PCS upgrade and I'm vaguely reconsidering that but too late now! Maybe if I have to run it a second time for higher scores, which I will, because wow I'm rusty and making bad choices.

RBA Starblade posted:

Giving it to ya

this is a good answer, 10/10

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Psion posted:

I took the PCS upgrade and I'm vaguely reconsidering that but too late now! Maybe if I have to run it a second time for higher scores, which I will, because wow I'm rusty and making bad choices.

Yeah, PCS upgrades showed up 3 times for me (not 100% sure if it's standard but it sound like it is) and taking them on the first choice really seemed like the worst items. Better stats? Good. More combat options? Better. Of course you'll lose the vast majority of the equipment if you take the ammo upgrade, but you'll keep the delicious Proximity Mines as long as you don't take the grenade upgrade. Which is a good upgrade, it's just that Proximity Mines are so good (as is having AP ammo on your sniper and Talon Rounds on Bradford)

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
If you don't pick the option that gives you blaster bombs then I don't know what to say.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

On the final mission on the first campaign there seems to be an enemy under the dam ("what was that noise" prompts, everything else dead). Before I reset and take the score hit, just confirming that this is a bug and not some event gimmick I need to find a trigger for?

Also, hands up everyone who charged Bradford into the police station despite a little voice screaming "this will end badly"?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

On the final mission on the first campaign there seems to be an enemy under the dam ("what was that noise" prompts, everything else dead). Before I reset and take the score hit, just confirming that this is a bug and not some event gimmick I need to find a trigger for?

There was a hidden Spectre below the dam near the starting position. Also one Avatar spawned outside of the dam itself at the final encounter.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Bruceski posted:

Also, hands up everyone who charged Bradford into the police station despite a little voice screaming "this will end badly"?

There was a single Spectre hiding under the bridge for me yeah, he climbed up before I encountered the last pod though.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Bruceski posted:

A civvie panicked and somehow triggered every pod in the map on turn 2 for me. That was fun. Only lost 2 dudes (love you, stasis!)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gervasius posted:

There was a hidden Spectre below the dam near the starting position. Also one Avatar spawned outside of the dam itself at the final encounter.

Thank you. I thought I'd checked that whole lower railing but it's easy to not go far enough. Missed both of them.

Final score: 202600. Anyone know if gold unlocks anything, or is it just completion?

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Okay, from what little I've heard of the new classic-inspired soundtrack, it was really funky. Worth it for that alone.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Are new/old weapons just cosmetic or do they function differently?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The new attitudes aren't showing up in the character pool. Those unlocks too?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Meridian posted:

Are new/old weapons just cosmetic or do they function differently?

Cosmetic only.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I should be saving money...

But I really want WotC and it's cheap and it has the new content...

But I should be saving money.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Adnor posted:

Play more XCOM = buy less games

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

after finishing the third map of the first set of missions i got some kind of crash related to a missing female voice line, verifying now. i hope it didnt gently caress up my save.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Adnor posted:

i was in that position 100% and $24 was too good to pass up for all the DLC, so I went ahead

but I don't blame anyone who chooses to wait - after all, I'm sure XCOM 2 Collection will go on sale again in the future and it's going to include this pack, I think?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm out of state because I'm getting married so God drat did this have to drop today I'm going to be thinking of sectoids all week now

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Turning off all mods, I got caught off guard by a few QoL things missing, the fact Bradfords Magic Journey starts all missions live and unconcealed. Once that fell in place, Beagle Crawling and playing it like X-Com EU and everything blows up. Any need for explosives in the future is a problem for Future Me. Now Me is blowing things up.

Also play more X-Com is a good way to not have to buy other games :v:
Edit:
I also see myself always using the new LMG for my grenadiers over the minigun. That, hold it like a rifle, change handles, fire from the hip, change handles, drove me nuts as a weapon system.

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 9, 2018

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

It was only 12.50 USD on GMG here in Chile, so I bit the bullet in the end.

Someday I will be more responsible with money.

Someday.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I really want to go full Bradford weaboo and pick the katana at some point, but the Arashi is such a good shotgun.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
No plans for console release :(

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
Wow, I forgot what a clusterfuck the Police Station map can turn into. Sorry Bradford, you took one for the team.

Had a weird bug on the final mission of Blast From The Past though. I hit an avatar with a grenade, it teleported into the middle of my squad and somehow exploded some environmental stuff, knocking out 2 of my soldiers, then it teleported away again. Luckily it only had 2 health left and was the last enemy on the map. Still kind of annoying to lose a bunch of points that way, but I still squeaked into a silver medal.

I really like the new weapon cosmetics, they feel way more appropriate for a ragtag resistance.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Do you get any extra unlocks for hitting gold or is that just bragging rights?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
So do the remastered maps like the cemetery and such get added to the regular game map rotation, or are they just for the scripted missions?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
God, they really hit hard with the first two maps being the diner and the mausoleum cemetery. I love this pack.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
just finished the second mini campaign

I'm loving these! Some of the new photo mode poses are hilarious

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
What the hell is Bradford doing fighting at close range!?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

What the hell is Bradford doing fighting at close range!?

He was always a Ranger in XCOM 2's unique missions (or just a non-classed rookie in the tutorial mission because classes haven't been introduced yet). He just had The BradfordTM rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I like how these mission packs feel more like Fire Emblem campaigns

it makes a nice change not having to think about the strat layer