Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Aargh posted:

I'm not sure if it's 100% good for the bike but I always use my sidestand cut-off to turn the bike off.

Does it cut out any time the side stand is down, or only in gear with the clutch let out? My bike will run with the side stand down as long as it is either in neutral or when the clutch is pulled in. I can't see myself stopping, leaving the bike in gear, and dropping the clutch only to trust the side stand cut-off will kick in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
My Yamaha cuts out in gear regardless of clutch, some bikes will cut out no matter what. A friend bought an 90 something Virago that the starter was bad on and it's a pain in the rear end having to help him push start it any time he wants to step off of it, because it even dies with the stand down in neutral.

We parked to take a break at a gas station then realized he needed gas. Although it's a bitch that putting the stand down kills it whenever, at least his gas cap doesn't hold onto the key when it's open. To save us pushing it twice he had to pop the gas cap, get push started over to the pumps, then wait while I paid and fill 'er up while it was running.

NoDoorway
Jul 31, 2007

I never had a doorway
Soiled Meat
I've been considering upgrading the suspension on my SV650 for a while, and today I did.

It's pretty well sorted now I think.

xpost with the question thread.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

NoDoorway posted:

I've been considering upgrading the suspension on my SV650 for a while, and today I did.

Best way to upgrade an SV, that's exactly what I did myself.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
Beauuuuuutiful! Are those chromed rearsets? They look a little bling, might just be the sunlight though.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

NoDoorway posted:

Urgh I keep looking at these...I'd trade my ninja for one in a heartbeat. All the performance without the pesky image.

thebearheeb
Jun 1, 2011
Just picked this up today:

Ducati Monster 1100 EVO, ive owned it for nine hours as of this post and have ridden 168 miles already; I look forward to 7500 mile interval valve clearance checks.

NoDoorway
Jul 31, 2007

I never had a doorway
Soiled Meat

Forty Two posted:

Beauuuuuutiful! Are those chromed rearsets? They look a little bling, might just be the sunlight though.

Just the light, they're stock.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

NoDoorway posted:

Nice upgrade, I swapped out my stock SV650 front end for a Daytona 675 :)

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Lots of awesome bikes you guys are getting recently. Congrats!

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

thebearheeb posted:

Ducati Monster 1100 EVO, ive owned it for nine hours as of this post and have ridden 168 miles already; I look forward to 7500 mile interval valve clearance checks.

I need your garage.

Simple, clean rooms make my heart skip a beat.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

thebearheeb posted:

The ducati monster is solely responsible for me wanting to get into motorcycling. Nice bike!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

thebearheeb posted:

It's a tragedy that such a beautiful bike comes with that undertail on it :ughh:...awesome bike tho.

Do the manufacturers go out of their way to make them ugly as sin so that you buy an aftermarket one immediately? Seems that way.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

nsaP posted:

Do the manufacturers go out of their way to make them ugly as sin so that you buy an aftermarket one immediately? Seems that way.

The government makes them put it on, but it seems weird that they don't make any effort in making a street legal undertail work and look good.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ola posted:

The government makes them put it on, but it seems weird that they don't make any effort in making a street legal undertail work and look good.

I just like how companies now make it super easy to remove the stock undertail. My bike just needed 4 bolts removed, which then could be used to 'delete' (gently caress, I hate that word) the front fender reflectors.

Sir.Tucker
Sep 17, 2006

For the Workforce!

Russian Bear posted:

The ducati monster is solely responsible for me wanting to get into motorcycling. Nice bike!

Stubby Exhaust, Remove Under-tail, Bar End Mirrors and I'd be erect for days.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hmmm. You know on sports events they have huge sponsor logos that are distorted on the ground so they appear flat to the perspective of the camera? In Formula One, Shell usually has a huge logo on some lawn on the track.

Idea: paint the license plate in distorted text inside the wheel arch so it appears flat from the rear.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Just finished refreshing my bike. 1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport.

New tires, all new cables, new gaskets all around, new battery, new grips, new brakepads, new stainless steel brake lines.

Going to rummage through a friend's garage in the hopes that he has a fork brace.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

EvilCrayon posted:

1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport.

That is a *very* nice looking bike. My dad had one a couple of years ago, the bike I learned to ride on. Although it was definitely a lot less well kept than yours.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BlackMK4 posted:

I just like how companies now make it super easy to remove the stock undertail. My bike just needed 4 bolts removed, which then could be used to 'delete' (gently caress, I hate that word) the front fender reflectors.

Unfortunately the older monsters with the 1-piece frame have tube that extends past the seat, covered by plastic(referred to as the 'beer tray'). The only way to really clean up the look is to take a hacksaw to them.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I did it. I finally did it. :toot:

FakeUsername
Dec 16, 2007
Musicians Duet Better
First bike! 2007 Ninja 250 that only had 330 miles on it

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I did it. I finally did it. :toot:

Looks nice, but I'm not sure about the cock ring on the can.

Someone convince me that a 25 mile freeway commute would be fun on a sumo. I'm tempted to unload my SV for one.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

jdonz posted:

Someone convince me that a 25 mile freeway commute would be fun on a sumo. I'm tempted to unload my SV for one.

Which highway are you coming up? Unless it's the 101 it couldn't be that bad. :D

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

Which highway are you coming up? Unless it's the 101 it couldn't be that bad. :D

Worse than the 101. Avondale to Tempe, straight along the 10 through every major interchange in Phoenix and all the downtown exits/entrances.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FakeUsername posted:

First bike! 2007 Ninja 250 that only had 330 miles on it

Nice, congrats. Looks really clean.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

jdonz posted:

Worse than the 101. Avondale to Tempe, straight along the 10 through every major interchange in Phoenix and all the downtown exits/entrances.

I'm currently riding about the same distance on a dirt geared (14/48 or something similar) DRZ400, but my ride is 1.1 miles of suburban street, followed by 27 miles of traffic free tollway (75 mph the whole way), and its buzzy, but liveable.

I imagine 14/41 or whatever the SM gearing is would be less buzzy on the fast parts, and you'd get ?traffic breaks? from the buzzies that I don't have. Plus, splitting downtown. I'm nowhere near slow traffic, but the couple times I did hit it on the KLR, it was fun. when ?stop and gold means ? you stop, I go?, life is good.

You'll be fine. =)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 30, 2011

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

jdonz posted:

Cock-ring is an exhaust slider, pretty handy if you're crash prone. Wont get many giggles out of SM riders, as we love our cock rings.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Sorry, makes sense now that I know what it is. I apologize for making GBS threads up the thread, I'll take it to the sumo thread when I'm a bit more serious about it. Here is a picture of my family in Sedona riding quads:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

jdonz posted:

Sorry, makes sense now that I know what it is. I apologize for making GBS threads up the thread, I'll take it to the sumo thread when I'm a bit more serious about it. Here is a picture of my family in Sedona riding quads:

There's an ATV/Quad thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3418657

Can't wait to see the picks.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Unfortunately the older monsters with the 1-piece frame have tube that extends past the seat, covered by plastic(referred to as the 'beer tray'). The only way to really clean up the look is to take a hacksaw to them.

But when you get done with the tail chop you feel so loving good.

First thing you do on any Duc is rip off the rear end end, remove the frame stickers and reflectors and bar end mirrors.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I love these bikes.

The blue is my girlfriend's, but it astonishes me with its brilliancy every time I ride it. I can take any curves ridiculously low, which I can't do on my yellow SV yet :(

The blue one has a 14t front sprocket too. I want one on mine. The yellow has some great engine mods but still isn't as fast as having a 14t.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
that yellow bike looks like absolute torture to ride. Bars at your knees, no wind protection, and terrible mirrors. :psyduck:

Is it that bad?

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
It's fun to ride, but definitely needs risers. But that's just me. The mirrors are CRG arrow mirrors. They're outstanding, extremely high quality, and probably the most useful mirrors I've owned.

And clean wind flow is the best. :colbert:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Gen 1 superiority. I want another gen 1 someday.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Duck! posted:

But when you get done with the tail chop you feel so loving good.

First thing you do on any Duc is rip off the rear end end, remove the frame stickers and reflectors and bar end mirrors.

Second thing you do is get rid of the huge charcoal can strapped under the tail like an afterthought.

Speaking of those cans, the placement on Aprilia's Mana is terrible.

It just says "please rip me off as soon as you get me home".

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What the hell is it for?

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

Where I live its the law that you have to have a reflector on either side of license plate and one rear facing one underneath. I learned that when I went to get my FZ6 saftied, which had been tail-tidy'd by the PO.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

2ndclasscitizen posted:

What the hell is it for?

Charcoal canister is usually for fuel tank vapours to be vented through AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

aventari posted:

no wind protection

I don't think I'll ever understand how anyone can put a windshield on a motorcycle.

talk about your :psyduck:

Maybe when I'm 80 years old but by then I assume I'll rather be in a roadster anyways.