Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's immoral to take part in a beta where you can't read the words and won't give any feedback, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
:toot: got enough buttcop to replace the ninja as my center (at least for passion)

Also, in 2d mode, it always shows idiolized costumes and uh, she goes from buttcop to bloomercop, I guess?

Pretty nice that they changed the last day of the caravan to "gently caress it play whatever." When I glanced at the thing a few days ago I thought it was just an untyped day. This is way better.

I presume this beta stuff's all in one of those news posts somewhere? How the hell do you even multiplayer a rhythm game: just head-to-head stuff like an arcade machine?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

:toot: got enough buttcop to replace the ninja as my center (at least for passion)

Also, in 2d mode, it always shows idiolized costumes and uh, she goes from buttcop to bloomercop, I guess?

Pretty nice that they changed the last day of the caravan to "gently caress it play whatever." When I glanced at the thing a few days ago I thought it was just an untyped day. This is way better.

I presume this beta stuff's all in one of those news posts somewhere? How the hell do you even multiplayer a rhythm game: just head-to-head stuff like an arcade machine?

https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/status/710350835008409600

it says it's 協, collaboration, but yeah I don't really know what that means. There's a follow-up tweet saying they're doing 'matching' which in regular CG means arranging people into teams/selecting which teams will play which so maybe just team-versus score challenges.

I got my FC Master Onegai Cinderella, so I guess I'm satisfied. I'll still have to buy Noriko with tokens, though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Ooh, KLab has made Takaramonos, Paradise Live, and Angelic Angel available on the B-Sides in EN!
I was confused at why the first two had even the E/N/H available until I realized it's probably for people good enough to EX, but without those two unlocked.

Now to see if I still have any hope of getting selected. D:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarlightStage/comments/4arsfu/coop_live_beta_test_first_wave_is_open/

Seems like the idol team itself is made up of 1 idol from each person, with a multiplier for a certain thing on each position, so you should pick your idol accordingly, and then you all play the song or something

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Skwee posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarlightStage/comments/4arsfu/coop_live_beta_test_first_wave_is_open/

Seems like the idol team itself is made up of 1 idol from each person, with a multiplier for a certain thing on each position, so you should pick your idol accordingly, and then you all play the song or something

More or less. Where you get plonked into the lineup is random enough. Also, since it doesn't use stamina, I'm assuming that's the reason why you can't actually fail. Because I've definitely bottomed out my health and kept going, and kept getting points, too. (Thanks Anzu. Your song is a treasure.) I think it's kinda weird that you can still get points if you fail, but I can see how that would just piss people off if one member just stopped getting points 30s into a song. I'm sure it has some effect under the hood.

You also get to communicate via idol, kinda like SIF's "Nice FULL COMBO" button. :v Uzuki's says ganbarimasu You get get to pick different sets (of four) for before and after the song's over.

You can see how everyone's doing, score and combo-wise on the left. I think the bar shows their level within the score tier, but I'm not entirely sure.

I have no idea how the ranking works, though. Although since it's about contribution, I guess "not dying" is probably a key part of it :v
But it's not just score (you can sorta see in the top one, there's a total score (it's just the total)

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 18, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
someone in the link i posted said contribution is slightly skewed towards people with idols with higher rarity or something, SSR>SR>R

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Holy poo poo syoko ssr!!!!

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Futaba Anzu posted:

Holy poo poo syoko ssr!!!!

where

also i was about to post about how i just love going into someone's room and having mushroom girl yell in my face

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

where

also i was about to post about how i just love going into someone's room and having mushroom girl yell in my face

new gacha

also next event is airi and yuko, yanw

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Futaba Anzu posted:

new gacha

also next event is airi and yuko, yanw

what kind of event

e: i just beat dokidoki on master with a team of 2 rares and 3 normals. I definitely feel like I am improving, although i used 3 practice tickets (passed on my 3rd practice ticket too) before doing it. Now i should go beat it on my main account.

e: oh cool that "new" communication bug showed up again.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 18, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pre-emptive apologies to Skwee for the iM@S CG liveposting I will be doing in April.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Pre-emptive apologies to Skwee for the iM@S CG liveposting I will be doing in April.

Where are you starting from, the beginning?

Skwee posted:

e: oh cool that "new" communication bug showed up again.

Oh, same. That's going to be annoying.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 18, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i think someone asked for this in this thread so dw fam i gotchu

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Yeah I only watched episode 1 so I might as well start over.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

I think of it as a very good excuse to stay hella behind on them.

Oh, also if you say, friend someone in the beta coop mode, and for some reason can't leave the results screen, try sending friend requests to everyone.

…idk, maybe it's a fairness thing? I just wanted to be friends with the dollar sign, really.

More importantly: full ranko! It's kinda like in the coop 3ds zelda game where matching cheers and stuff is a fun little diversion, only you also have to hope everyone has the same person in their set

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I wonder what I should spend my tokens on.. If I manage to get 2 more Sanae drops that would put her at 8, and 157 more tokens I could buy 3 copies of her to get her up to 11 star rank, but i doubt that i will get that much with just 3 hours remaining and probably only 2 more song plays with stamina regen. Guess I should probably just get star gems, since i already have 2 donut girls

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

More importantly: full ranko! It's kinda like in the coop 3ds zelda game where matching cheers and stuff is a fun little diversion, only you also have to hope everyone has the same person in their set

Oh, huh, they edited out the Ranko-speak translation. I thought they just cropped it off at first glance but it's actually just not there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo Noriko dropped.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
whelp, I bought 250 gems, 10 stamina drinks, and an extra rare for skill leveling

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Finished with 12 butts, two donuts, and all of the jewels and cocaine.

The beta event is awfully humbling when you get a song you're not the best at.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Hmm maybe i will go full idol and watch all the things before you

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn't going to but Syoko tempted me to do a 10-pull.

Disappointing. I already got the Cool one from a Friendship pull a week or two back. At least I got bancho girl.

I'm tempted to spend money and do another 10-pull.

I've been IAP-free since December 20th.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blegh, unvoiced SR.

In comparison, this pull was better than I expected cause the SR's skill makes you invincible. You don't lose health while her skill is active.

It's technically superior to healing cause it prevents damage entirely.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Oh god. Syoko SR so soon after Kaede SSR. I don't have the jewels!

Gonna put money on my account so I can at least 60-daily...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
YOU'RE NOT DOING A GOOD JOB OF CONVINCING ME NOT TO SPEND MONEY.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

MORE MONEY FOR THE KINOKO GOD

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND I HAVEN'T SPENT A SINGLE DIME ON SIF.

EXCEPT KR SIF WHERE I GOT THE PROMO UMI AND ONE OTHER PROMO I FORGET BY WATCHING THE LOVE LIVE MOVIE.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

In comparison, this pull was better than I expected cause the SR's skill makes you invincible. You don't lose health while her skill is active.

It's technically superior to healing cause it prevents damage entirely.

It's good but it's pretty situational. If you could hit the notes anyway it's just a wasted skill trigger.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

ALL I UNDERSTAND IS THAT YOU DON'T WANT IT BAD ENOUGH

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

It's good but it's pretty situational. If you could hit the notes anyway it's just a wasted skill trigger.

Yeah but then so is the Heal.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sonata Mused posted:

ALL I UNDERSTAND IS THAT YOU DON'T WANT IT BAD ENOUGH

:argh:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah but then so is the Heal.

Well, to an extent, but at least you get something out of that if you took damage earlier, the thing with invincibility is it has to trigger exactly during the part you can't do.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Yeah i think heal is better than invincibility

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Invincibility really shines when you need more than one idol to keep you from dying.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did it Sonata you bastard.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
TIME TO GET 9 RS AND 1 SR.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wasn't going to but Syoko tempted me to do a 10-pull.

Disappointing. I already got the Cool one from a Friendship pull a week or two back. At least I got bancho girl.

I'm tempted to spend money and do another 10-pull.

I've been IAP-free since December 20th.

I GOT THE BITCH ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT AGAIN. AGAIN ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT.

SONATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am your name with yiou Sonata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Guess I'll use the rest on dailies. Probably a smarter use.