Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i also considered claiming dio since i'd already figured out he wasn't there but i hadn't fully decided whether i wanted to work with town or scum by that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Seagull posted:

i also considered claiming dio since i'd already figured out he wasn't there but i hadn't fully decided whether i wanted to work with town or scum by that point

:ssh: the secret is i never decided :ssh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

One thing I am beating myself up over was loving up and getting myself killed off.

Had the betting event on that Hiipfire had to post more than Small Keating that day to win.
So in scumdoc I ask Hiipfire to make sure he just posts more then SK to help me win. "It's in the bag I think to myself"
Once Small Keating got up to like 15 posts I pretty much had to come out and say in the thread "Hiipfire I need you to post a fuckload more times, this is for a bet"
Then he never showed up :v:

So went gently caress it and helped close the vote off, if Hiip had posted that much it would have looked super scummy.

In scumdoc I guessed EXAKT was Darby from the way he was posting and proceeded to tell them to lynch him, but then I got this PM

quote:

Infinitum, you are currently removed from the game as if you were dead - you must not speak to anyone about the game under any circumstances!

You will not be flipped yet. Things may happen in the future to change this situation.

Then I remembered what happens in the series too drat late if Darby is killed while he's trapped my soul - I die as well.
Couldn't tell scumdoc to kill someone else.
Thread reopens and I'm dead.

I'm my own worst enemy :suicide:

That said I didn't know about poo poo like Doctors able to cure me and poo poo until too late, or that would have factored into my play.

Hiip :argh:

Should be a rule that you have to post a minimum of 3 times a day after the day1 joke posting event wears off.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

I'm my own worst enemy :suicide:

That said I didn't know about poo poo like Doctors able to cure me and poo poo until too late, or that would have factored into my play.

Actually, status doc stuff wouldn't work on D'Arby holding your soul. Cause you are no longer around to target in the first place.

Status doc could work on: being possessed by Anubis, being magnetized, being babified, or having Lovers in your brain.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

But tbh it's getting in the way of my fun in the game so I might abandon that policy from now on.

Yeah please do. Mafia style games are lying games, and noone is going to hold it against you if you're scum and have to lie in your posts.
You're just playing the game.

The exciting thing about being scum is lying and trying not to contradict yourself, before you get caught out!

It's good to hear I had a few people convinced I was town (before the flip :v:)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

iajanus going "Yeah I was totally suss on Inf in masondoc"

Nah mate.

Naaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thanks for the game Bif, flavour was excellent as always.

Thanks everyone for a fun game.

Sorry toml I ruin your mafs experience.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Beetphyxious posted:

Please do Part 4 (Diamond is Fakeclaimable) Bif, and assume I've already signed up.

Cause yeah this was fun as gently caress.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Beetphyxious posted:

Thanks everyone for a fun game.

Sorry toml I ruin your mafs experience.

you only sort of ruin it, it's a love hate thing. it's all very funny, and when i am not breaking every loving bone in my hand by smashing it repeatedly against the screen, i am having a laugh

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Please do Part 4 (Diamond is FakeclaimableUnlynchable) Bif, and assume I've already signed up.

Cause yeah this was fun as gently caress.

It's gonna take a fuckload of research, this was a lot of work but I already knew Part 3 like the back of my hand, so it was at least easy to come up with the content :sweatdrop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I'm rereading Part 4 atm, and it's hilarious how many enemies suddenly become 'friendly' the next day

gl flavour hunters
(aka Anidav)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I'm rereading Part 4 atm, and it's hilarious how many enemies suddenly become 'friendly' the next day

gl flavour hunters
(aka Flava Flav)

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i'm the cat

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
part 4 has aliens

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Yeah please do. Mafia style games are lying games, and noone is going to hold it against you if you're scum and have to lie in your posts.
You're just playing the game.

The exciting thing about being scum is lying and trying not to contradict yourself, before you get caught out!

It's good to hear I had a few people convinced I was town (before the flip :v:)

Yeah you played well!

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Great game Bif!

Shout out to Gwyn for being MVP town player and to Infinitum for a good first game and for BT for fighting until the end.

MMG!!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

you only sort of ruin it, it's a love hate thing. it's all very funny, and when i am not breaking every loving bone in my hand by smashing it repeatedly against the screen, i am having a laugh

I'll come to the next docklands residents mafia committee and do a presentation on "logical arguments : how they are influential"

:v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MMG why was Lovers on FS? He didn't seem very 'suss' from my perspective.

My money was on you having it on Gwyn.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
gwyn thanks for the jet judo

Hope next time I'll be number one on the bottom forty too!

WATCH IT!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and italian food

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Thanks for being an awesome prop Infinitum, and preventing me from selfvoting when it all got too hard.

GG town. Gwyn, I thought you played very very well.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Beetphyxious posted:

I'll come to the next docklands residents mafia committee and do a presentation on "logical arguments : how they are influential"

:v:

clear out your pms

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Asphyxious posted:

gwyn thanks for the jet judo

Hope next time I'll be number one on the bottom forty too!

WATCH IT!

I'll put out their fire for good!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

black_tangled posted:

Gwyn, I thought you played very very well.

Thanks! I was very lucky.

I really thought you had me

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I want chocolate milk

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Infinitum posted:

Shoutout to gaspy for painting a gigantic 'KILL ME' target on his back after full claiming.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

black_tangled posted:

Thanks for being an awesome prop Infinitum, and preventing me from selfvoting when it all got too hard.

Combat Carl never gives up!
Combat Carl finds a way!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

The Lord of Hats posted:

This interaction was one of the first things I wondered about when I got my role PM. I guess the modkill didn't really matter, I'd accidentally vigged him anyways. For reference, here's my role PM

Didn't get to use as much of it as I hoped!

The Lid Rule. :allears:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Zetsubou-san posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot I had that in there, I'm so glad someone noticed it!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

Oh yeah I forgot to comment on that.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually, status doc stuff wouldn't work on D'Arby holding your soul. Cause you are no longer around to target in the first place.

Status doc could work on: being possessed by Anubis, being magnetized, being babified, or having Lovers in your brain.

wouldn't my status disruption have worked, since it would be targeting EXAKT?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Zetsubou-san posted:

wouldn't my status disruption have worked, since it would be targeting EXAKT?

Oh, yeah that tactic would've worked. Though I did want D'Arby's condition to be pretty much incurable except by wagering back, so I was kind of just hoping it never happened. :cheeky:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

fabulous

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

so good

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

this was a fun game

so many bette midler references

even in my night action PMs

quote:

I feel like watching some people's lives, so I will be ##VOYEUR BEET

quote:

I'm going to be a Superstar and ##DOCTOR The Lord of Hats

quote:

I'm hip, you could even say that I'm ##DOCTOR BEET

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Infinitum posted:

iajanus going "Yeah I was totally suss on Inf in masondoc"

Nah mate.

Naaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I wasn't suss in what I said in the doc; I was getting a bad vibe from what you were saying in doc and out, but didn't have anything conclusive either way and was enjoying the fact you were helping me not die in a fire in the thread since I was feeling on edge at that point. I knew if you were lynched/killed somehow I could use the info to get some reads, and that I could pick a new partner and use the last masonry as leverage to be more trusted as town. The point that really stood out was claiming Hol Horse, since for a little bit I thought you might have just hosed up as a new player but then it just seemed like you might be positioning me to be driven off a cliff.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Haha, I knew infinitum was scum from day 1 :cool:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

EXAKT Science posted:

Haha, I knew infinitum was scum from day 1 :cool:

I'm so glad you did D'Arby justice. :buddy: Taking down Kakyoin with you (and Infinitum's follow-up deadpost) was one of the big highlights of the game for me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm so glad you did D'Arby justice. :buddy: Taking down Kakyoin with you (and Infinitum's follow-up deadpost) was one of the big highlights of the game for me.

I had a good chuckle at you using the the rero-rero gif in the final reveal post.
In full Jojo deadguy pastel colours no less!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Jotaro is a concept. Not a person.

• Locked thread