Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Btw, if you are in the Chicago area and want to meet up, I'll be there this week, fyi. Probably available Wed or Thu night, but the rest of the week it looks like they've got me too busy to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Take it to Craigslist mate.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Infinitum posted:

Take it to Craigslist mate.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
What are you saying burgstrike

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tommunist posted:

What are you saying burgstrike

chur burger... is good

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

gently caress I could do with a burg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tommunist posted:

gently caress I would do a burg

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I'm not denying it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amoeba102 posted:

Who lurks mafia threads they ain't in? If I'm not going to read threads I'm actually playing, why read ones where I'm not. Podima, you've described a new circle of hell.

I read most of the games when I have time

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I was just reading about phonautographs and decided to check and see if there were any antique phonautographs for sale online. I went to the shopping tab of my google search for "phonautograph" and while there were no phonautographs for sale there were mugs and sweaters and cups for sale with "#phonautograph" or "got phonautograph?" on them. What the hell, why would someone make those? Who would buy that?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hipsters

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

BottleKnight posted:

I completely agree with Kashuno's post re: Uber

I cannot wait for driverless cars. I even like driving a ton and I can't wait for them. Most of my best conversations in life have happened driving around in cars. But if we can save lives, allow me more time to do other poo poo while I commute, avoid super lovely drivers, etc then I'm 100% for it.

This I cannot wait until all the lovely drivers are safely behind an AI that will observe safety rules and laws. This includes semi-tractor trailors because holy gently caress are they horrible drivers in New England.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dear Mafia Thread,

Today I was sarcastic in a mafia game.

Regards, Infinitum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Dear Mafia Thread,

Today I was sarcastic in a mafia game.

Regards, Infinitum.

please dont talk about ongoing games.

again.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Don't Starve is such a hard game.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I really wish I liked Don't Starve more than I do. I like it in theory, but establishing the base camp takes too long and I hate hate hate the combat system. I had one crazy good run with Wendy where I had all but one machine part that ended since I wasn't prepared for the winter and haven't ever approached getting that far again.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Power of Pecota posted:

I really wish I liked Don't Starve more than I do. I like it in theory, but establishing the base camp takes too long and I hate hate hate the combat system. I had one crazy good run with Wendy where I had all but one machine part that ended since I wasn't prepared for the winter and haven't ever approached getting that far again.

I feel the same way, I really wanted to like it.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Starving is surprisingly easy in don't starve

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MG3 posted:

Starving is surprisingly easy in don't starve

if it was called don't starve and starving was impossible it wouldnt be much of a game

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

JakeP posted:

if it was called don't starve and starving was impossible it wouldnt be much of a game

Yeah but I've starved in the game because the areas I searched after spawning were literally devoid of food. There is a huge game map over which they randomly generate all of the resources for the game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MG3 posted:

Yeah but I've starved in the game because the areas I searched after spawning were literally devoid of food. There is a huge game map over which they randomly generate all of the resources for the game.

git gud scrublord

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

CapitalistPig posted:

git gud scrublord

Lol I'm trying. I think the longest I've survived is 5 days

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Actually don't starve is easy. It's your friends getting bored and running off to kill deerclops solo that is hard

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

busb posted:

Actually don't starve is easy. It's your friends getting bored and running off to kill deerclops solo that is hard
Tricking your friends into trying to solo deerclops the first time is the most rewarding part though

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Isn't don't starve essentially set in Magic Australia anyway

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

kaschei posted:

Isn't don't starve essentially set in Magic Australia anyway

it has winter so nope

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Australia is a fictional place, kaschei.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Australia is a fictional place, kaschei.

its based of the mad max universe

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Everybody in Australia looks like blaster.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tommunist posted:

it has winter so nope

It's winter right now moron! Good luck wearing shorts this time of year outside.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

busb posted:

It's winter right now moron! Good luck wearing shorts this time of year outside.

i just did checkmate

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Rip tomm is dead. I am now accepting applications for my next chief eunuch. Tomm died as he lived, disappointingly.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

busb posted:

Rip tomm is dead. I am now accepting applications for my next chief eunuch. Tomm died as he lived, disappointingly.

rip

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

kevin '07

Shorteen '16

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
My avatar is such an awesome slutspace

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
huh I don't even love busb

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh god it's so much worse than the potatoes.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Mystery sekret admirer I love u too

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Busb I hope you feel loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Assna it's Marco week. Good thing he's not prone to grandiose statements!

Lots of one trick ponies this year IMO.