Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Horrible traumatising event in 1 pages time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Love you! Love you! :3:

Conot posted:

Horrible traumatising event in 1 pages time...

No, absolutely not, everything is going to stay happy and sweet forever and ever.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wonder who else Smitty is attached to here and if Annie will get the wrong or right idea out of it? Cause the panel composition makes it look like it's going show him connected to someone else like Parley.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Parley doesn't love smitty and is just being puppeteered by his powers.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

Parley doesn't love smitty and is just being puppeteered by his powers.

I dunno that seems like it'd be a little... convenient

:rimshot:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That'd be kind of a dark place to go here for that comic. I mean, okay, Jeanne, but having the actually healthy, balanced couple be a result of subconscient mindwash...

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Chibisoma's cries of vindication would be heard around the world.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

A Sometimes Food posted:

Wonder who else Smitty is attached to here and if Annie will get the wrong or right idea out of it? Cause the panel composition makes it look like it's going show him connected to someone else like Parley.

Maybe he is connected to the court itself

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Interestingly the threads don't extend past the boarder like many things unique to the ether do.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
smitty why is your string attached to parley's butt (well tailbone probably but close enough)

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I might be a little too :tinfoil:, but they are walking back to the Court and the strings are arched back heading towards the forest...?

It's probably Coyote, of course

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
They're probably just connected to his family far away or something.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The strings belong to the Smitman for sure

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Podima posted:

smitty why is your string attached to parley's butt (well tailbone probably but close enough)
Gettin' lucky

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Iceclaw posted:

That'd be kind of a dark place to go here for that comic. I mean, okay, Jeanne, but having the actually healthy, balanced couple be a result of subconscient mindwash...

I don't agree with that reading of today's strip, but at the same time their relationship was pretty directly engineered by Jones. Maybe it's benign and she just gave it a (literal) nudge because she was out of patience with their non-relationship's interference with her class, but I dunno.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Carrasco posted:

I don't agree with that reading of today's strip, but at the same time their relationship was pretty directly engineered by Jones. Maybe it's benign and she just gave it a (literal) nudge because she was out of patience with their non-relationship's interference with her class, but I dunno.

Engineered is too strong a word by far. Did Jones encourage the relationship? Sure.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Man when was the last time we saw Jones? I miss Jones.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think it's just supposed to suggest Smitty's "power" may be more tied to the concept of fate than luck (in this case literally connecting him to a "soulmate")

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What are the odds Annie tries to grab one of those strings and something horrifying happens?

I say 110%.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What are the odds Annie tries to grab one of those strings and something horrifying happens?

I say 110%.

Annie wouldn't play with fire like tha-

... poo poo.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I'd be more worried about Jeanne cutting those things while Parley is inevitably going to fight her... :(

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Brightman posted:

They're probably just connected to his family far away or something.

Or his other girlfriend. They are a bit brighter than the ones with Georgie.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Momotaros posted:

I'd be more worried about Jeanne cutting those things while Parley is inevitably going to fight her... :(

Jeanne cuts them and Smitty forgets who Parley is.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm guessing the threads that aren't connected to Parley are connected to whatever the next thing is that will go right for Smitty.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Carrasco posted:

Jones merely played the role of the friend who says "ask him out already!" to someone too shy to act on her crush. She didn't play Cupid.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

Jones merely played the role of the friend who says "askTeleport him on out on your bed already!" to someone too shy to act on her crush. She didn't play Cupid.

FTFY.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Drop rocks on the ghost from the bridge!

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
IT'S GOIN' DOWN FOR REAAAAAAAALLLLLL

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh boy, can't wait to see how this goes horribly right

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I love Annie's thought process here. "I can sort of kind of see into the ether when I try really hard. I can take the ancient hate demon."

Wittgen fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jul 8, 2016

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Wittgen posted:

I love Annie's though process here. "I can sort of kind of see into the ether when I try really hard. I can take the ancient hate demon."

Nah, Parley will just flex and Jeanne will give up immediately.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Wait, "it's time"? Hah. I always figured they were going to look into the Jeanne situation and figure out what they even can hope to accomplish. But nope, just ignore it for a long time until Parley gets buff, then jump back in there. Unless they've been doing/learning relevant stuff off-panel all this time.

In a similar vein, I feel like this probably should have lead further during the last 2.5 years of comic-time.

Not that what we've seen hasn't been amazing. It's just funny trying to connect narrative threads in a huge story like this. Annie's parents and the robot cult stuff have been the main focus for so long.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Ditocoaf posted:

Wait, "it's time"? Hah. I always figured they were going to look into the Jeanne situation and figure out what they even can hope to accomplish. But nope, just ignore it for a long time until Parley gets buff, then jump back in there. Unless they've been doing/learning relevant stuff off-panel all this time.

In a similar vein, I feel like this probably should have lead further during the last 2.5 years of comic-time.

Not that what we've seen hasn't been amazing. It's just funny trying to connect narrative threads in a huge story like this. Annie's parents and the robot cult stuff have been the main focus for so long.

Making Parley good enough to beat the murder ghost was their plan from the start though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tollymain posted:

oh boy, can't wait to see how this goes horribly right

They free Jeanne, and Coyote is finally free to cross over into the court and knock over as many buildings as he wants.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Do you mean right now or just soon? I kind of wanna get a cuppa first.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

EmmyOk posted:

Do you mean right now or just soon? I kind of wanna get a cuppa first.

Should have gotten it when they were eating. Now it's too late. Go fight the murder hate ghost!

(I can't wait, this is gonna be super interesting)

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

RIP somebody / probably everybody.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHz8ft56lQQ

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Today's comic should've had Roundabout embedded in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Anyone else notice smiley rabbit in the bottom corner?

I think he was an advance scout for Coyote's invasion once the murder-ghost is defeated. That smile is a bit too unnerving for the scene.