Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

This too. I'm trying to think of a game that has a more satisfying sense of adventure while also locking you down just enough that you don't lose your way too much and nothing else really comes close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN_x1rpGbY8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Huh. Good point.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

In the speakeasies of New York City, drunken patrons bandy about fantastical tales of Shine, a batch of moonshine that triggers extraordinary abilities in those who drink it. To most people, Shine is just an urban legend, and Prohibition is just the Man trying to keep the common people from their alcohol.

In a small number of backroom speakeasies, however, Shine is real, and Prohibition has long since ceased being about alcohol. To a small but growing group of customers, Shine makes flight, telekinesis, or telepathy a matter of a couple drinks. There is a darker side of Shine, however - Shine affects the mind as well as the body, and several of those who drink it have gone mad - or worse, become monsters. A less exotic threat, but no less dangerous, is organized crime. Flush with the power and influence of Shine, organized crime has become bolder and bolder, and the newly organized FBI struggles to contain their influence.

Shine is a flavorful closed-setup game of Mafia for 21 players.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hate most shooters now, I think its because I played too much Cybernator and it has ruined me. Nothing controls as good as that.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I don't know how long it's been since my last beard pick but have another:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hey nice beard

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I comb it every day. More than the hair on top of my head lol. I brush it and kiss it and wash it and love it

MG3 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 9, 2016

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Go to a barber and get it shaped you hobo.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Go to a barber and get it shaped you hobo.

I made a commitment to myself to not cut the hair on my head for an entire year. So I will not get it shaped. It's just going to get progressively manlier and manlier

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

In the speakeasies of New York City, drunken patrons bandy about fantastical tales of Shine, a batch of moonshine that triggers extraordinary abilities in those who drink it. To most people, Shine is just an urban legend, and Prohibition is just the Man trying to keep the common people from their alcohol.

In a small number of backroom speakeasies, however, Shine is real, and Prohibition has long since ceased being about alcohol. To a small but growing group of customers, Shine makes flight, telekinesis, or telepathy a matter of a couple drinks. There is a darker side of Shine, however - Shine affects the mind as well as the body, and several of those who drink it have gone mad - or worse, become monsters. A less exotic threat, but no less dangerous, is organized crime. Flush with the power and influence of Shine, organized crime has become bolder and bolder, and the newly organized FBI struggles to contain their influence.

I looked at this setup and it is cool and people should play it and I also realize I said I would provide notes and then went to see my mom over the weekend instead so I guess I kinda suck.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd sign up for your game Podima, but I'm in 3 already and am going to be running a 24 player Stargate game myself next week.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I looked at this setup and it is cool and people should play it and I also realize I said I would provide notes and then went to see my mom over the weekend instead so I guess I kinda suck.

That's ok, I'm more bummed that showing the setup to 3 people narrowed my player pool!

Infinitum posted:

I'd sign up for your game Podima, but I'm in 3 already and am going to be running a 24 player Stargate game myself next week.

Tell the other Aussies to sign up if they like! The more the merrier.

Also might I kindly request you hold off on your game until mine fills?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Podima posted:

All good.

It'll be next week sometime and will probably fill up with the Auspol Crew.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

nah

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
don't post pics of me please

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am tempted to get a next gen console. If I do, should it be an Xbox One or PS4? I lean towards the XBox One because I liked my Xbox 360, but I'm also tempted by the PS4. I'm so torn.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

TMMadman posted:

I am tempted to get a next gen console. If I do, should it be an Xbox One or PS4? I lean towards the XBox One because I liked my Xbox 360, but I'm also tempted by the PS4. I'm so torn.

Wii U

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

honestly get a gaming PC at this point dude. The PS4K/Neo/4.5/whatever the gently caress is coming, and they are on record as saying they are unsure there will ever be a ps5 because it is basically a PC now. Wait until next year and if the Nintendo NX looks decent get that. Consoles are useless now

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

honestly get a gaming PC at this point dude. The PS4K/Neo/4.5/whatever the gently caress is coming, and they are on record as saying they are unsure there will ever be a ps5 because it is basically a PC now. Wait until next year and if the Nintendo NX looks decent get that. Consoles are useless now

This is where I'm at. Everything releases multiplatform now and a PC is much more versatile.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

That's kind of why I'm torn. I don't really like paying full price for games anymore, so I buy a lot of cheap stuff on Steam and play them on my PC. However, I've been having a craving for some CoD gaming and I just can't play a FPS game on a PC. I much prefer them on a console.

It's also kind of why I'm tempted by the PS4 because I kind of want to play some of their exclusives. Mainly MLB the Show and maybe the Uncharted series which I've never played.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

TMMadman posted:

That's kind of why I'm torn. I don't really like paying full price for games anymore, so I buy a lot of cheap stuff on Steam and play them on my PC. However, I've been having a craving for some CoD gaming and I just can't play a FPS game on a PC. I much prefer them on a console.

It's also kind of why I'm tempted by the PS4 because I kind of want to play some of their exclusives. Mainly MLB the Show and maybe the Uncharted series which I've never played.

Uncharted is really awesome.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

I got a PS4 mostly for MLB the show. It's a good game, and I'm a baseball fan, but it isn't enough to get the console just for that.

I'm with you, though. If I am looking to just chill out, consoles are much better for me than PC.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have an xbone controller for my PC that I use when I want to just kick back and play something chill. Takes me about 3 seconds to switch from my computer monitor to my tv, and boom it's like I have a console

edit: lmfao you can't type x b o n e because the world filter changes it to Xbox One

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I primarily use my consoles for streaming haha.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I got a PS4 mostly for MLB the show. It's a good game, and I'm a baseball fan, but it isn't enough to get the console just for that.

I'm with you, though. If I am looking to just chill out, consoles are much better for me than PC.

Well, I mean I could always just go with a pre-owned or refurbished one to get a break on the price for either system. And I wouldn't be getting them just for MLB the Show or Uncharted. I do like some games better on a console than I do on PC, like the aforementioned FPS games.

But the problem is that I think all of the people I used to play CoD with are all on the XBox One. So on one hand, it'd be fun to get back and play with them again, but on the other hand it'd be nice to play some of the PS4 exclusives that I've never played before.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I have an xbone controller for my PC that I use when I want to just kick back and play something chill. Takes me about 3 seconds to switch from my computer monitor to my tv, and boom it's like I have a console

edit: lmfao you can't type x b o n e because the world filter changes it to Xbox One

But again, I can't play multiplayer FPS games on a PC and I'm getting that itch to play them again.

edit - That is to say, I could play them, but I just don't enjoy the experience as much as I do on a console. Something about knowing that everyone is using the exact same equipment makes it more enjoyable for me. Plus, I'm just not good with mouse/keyboard controls for FPS games.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 10, 2016

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
If you want something Baulder's Gate like but, need the modern day quality of life improvements give Pillars of Eternity a try. Its got the same feel but, considerably less pathing headaches and much less tedious prebuffing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
omg so my obsession with Hamilton is not going away, and I feel the need to create something because of it, but only good at a few things and one of them is knitting and I was suddenly totally inspired.

I'm gonna make a throw pillow (kinda like the one I made for bowmore), but better because it'll be for me. I'd send one to Lin too, but I don't know if there's a way to send him gifts. I don't know if that'd be creepy.

Front:

Back:

This is probably gonna take me a while, but I happen to be going to the craft store tomorrow for unrelated reasons and now I am going to buy so much wool I'm so excited!!!

I seriously spent the last 3 hours on making up these charts.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My knitta

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Yeah. I own the xbone, and I recommend the PS4. Don't get me wrong, I love my xbone, but PS4 just has more exclusives if you already PC game, so if you aren't bothered by the controller, that is probably the way to go.

For me, the xbone also served me well in terms of backward compatibility and being able to migrate my rockband dlc songs, but those are kind of niche things.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

8 slots remain! If you are looking for a game with (imho) nifty flavor and active discouragement of lurkers/shitposters, this is the one for you!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Join Podima game, let me redeem myself from Canada game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah. I own the xbone, and I recommend the PS4. Don't get me wrong, I love my xbone, but PS4 just has more exclusives if you already PC game, so if you aren't bothered by the controller, that is probably the way to go.

For me, the xbone also served me well in terms of backward compatibility and being able to migrate my rockband dlc songs, but those are kind of niche things.

Seems like a lot of people are saying go for the PS4, so I'll be giving that some serious thought.

I don't really think I need to worry about any DLC and I don't usually replay games once I've given them up even though I rarely sell them, so the backwards compatibility probably isn't an issue. I haven't actually used my 360 for a long rear end time. It's been so long that I can't even remember the last time I even turned it on.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I would consider a ps4 for some baseball, because it's probably my second favorite sport behind hockey (I am so white) but I got the most recent mlb game for 360 sometime back, and I just can't see the ball/figure out the timing on batting. I can pitch okay, but my batting average is probably like .060.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

I would consider a ps4 for some baseball, because it's probably my second favorite sport behind hockey (I am so white) but I got the most recent mlb game for 360 sometime back, and I just can't see the ball/figure out the timing on batting. I can pitch okay, but my batting average is probably like .060.

They keep adding bells and whistles to batting in baseball games, so just play with sliders until you're comfortable because otherwise it's all like "press right on the left thumbstick when the pitch flashes red while pressing the right thumstick in the relative location of the pitch in the strike zone while whispering into your microphone while doing a headstand."

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I make everything as easy as possible then have my custom player, who looks exactly like me and plays my position, become MVP by a significant margin while I sigh heavily at what might have been if I had talent.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

I make everything as easy as possible then have my custom player, who looks exactly like me and plays my position, become MVP by a significant margin while I sigh heavily at what might have been if I had talent.

You do have talent Keane! It's inside of you you just have to find it

*hands you scalpel and a battery-powered torch*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

You do have talent Keane! It's inside of you you just have to find it

*hands you scalpel and a battery-powered torch*

Being a professional dodgeball player is pretty much the same thing as batting clean up for the Yankees right?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Being a professional dodgeball player is pretty much the same thing as batting clean up for the Yankees right?

This season it is :chord:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Only if you're roiding.