Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

You can actually see the fact his brain is struggling to process what has just happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

'Performance-enhancing' drug that cost Lance Armstrong his seven Tour de France titles doesn't work, finds study

'It’s just tragic ... to lose seven yellow jerseys for a drug that has no effect'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...y-a7816181.html

I thought the hormones contributed to him losing 0.08% of his body mass though? So that could have given him an edge.

(schadenfreude on me as i consulted wiki for that number and first had to learn about fox testicles because of course and then the wikipedo with his homemade pic)

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Bobby Digital posted:

Shoulda looked sooner

oh YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I just noticed that door jam to the face guy is actually looking back at that girl behind him. Makes it funnier. He's like "lemme just sneak one last little peak".

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
The best part of the gif is that he hits the pole and it looks like its because he's looking back at the little girl (because he is a paedophile)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

TheMaskedUgly posted:

The best part of the gif is that he hits the pole and it looks like its because he's looking back at the little girl (because he is a paedophile)

You can't see the lower half of her body because there are stairs there. I assumed it was a high school/college girl.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

Is there any pistol that fires that or just revolvers?

Only revolvers, single shot pistols, and lever-action rifles would easily be capable of loading and firing it. Not just because of how violent the recoil would be for an automatic and how beefy the gun and its operating system would be to slow the breech unlocking, but it's a revolver cartridge so it has a rim. It takes some work to get a rimmed cartridge to reliably stack and feed from a box magazine.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

chitoryu12 posted:

Only revolvers, single shot pistols, and lever-action rifles would easily be capable of loading and firing it. Not just because of how violent the recoil would be for an automatic and how beefy the gun and its operating system would be to slow the breech unlocking, but it's a revolver cartridge so it has a rim. It takes some work to get a rimmed cartridge to reliably stack and feed from a box magazine.

There’s the Coonan 1911 that shoots .357 magnum or, back to the murder weapon, a .357 Desert Eagle.

I mean, it’s an impractical novelty either way, so why not?

Because no one is buying enough impractical novelties to pay for the design and tooling.

Andnook
Mar 10, 2005
https://i.imgur.com/PMlMMRr.gifv

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BraveUlysses posted:

the mere fact that catholics worldwide didn't give up on catholocism after the whole scandal really started to unravel and that it was plainly obvious that the entire church organization participated in this poo poo...is amazing to me

Lots did. In Canada they've been closing or consolidating churches left and right for decades. Some properties sold to pay off compensation and whatnot. Some closed because they just didn't have enough parishioners left to keep the lights on. In catholic churches 50% of donations get sent to the dioceses, and then some of those onto rome etc, so they need to take in twice as much money as a similarly sized independent church. As the old guard die off the small churches just can't bring in enough to maintain their dilapidated old buildings.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

There’s the Coonan 1911 that shoots .357 magnum or, back to the murder weapon, a .357 Desert Eagle.

I mean, it’s an impractical novelty either way, so why not?

Because no one is buying enough impractical novelties to pay for the design and tooling.

Oh yeah, there's guns that do it. There's even been .38 Special semi-auto target pistols. It's just difficult because the rims love to hang up on each other.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Germany passed a law for marriage equality. This is the face of Beatrix von Storch, a lovely fascist, after the votes got counted:

also here she is getting pied last year:

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 21:22 on Jun 30, 2017

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

ekuNNN posted:

Germany passed a law for marriage equality. This is the face of Beatrix von Storch, a lovely fascist, after the votes got counted:

I don't know a lick of german, but I recognize a "priceless" joke when I see one.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ekuNNN posted:

also here she is getting pied last year:

Pieing fascists is a subpar alternative to killing them, but here's a lovely Austrian Nazi getting pied during a live interview. I guess it was so long ago only this lovely version still exists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdBAM7GQs-Q

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv36WLsemHk

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rasmus posted:

I don't know a lick of german, but I recognize a "priceless" joke when I see one.

Haha yeah.

It says:
A trainticket to the bundestag (where parliament is) €2,70
A Cappucino in the visitors-cafe: €3,50
The face of Beatrix after the Marriage Equality vote: Priceless

Also, here is Farage getting egged in 2014:

quote:

The man who threw the egg was holding a placard which said: “UKIP… sad, scared, old men”.
He was put into a patrol car by police and driven away.

The protester, who gave his name as Fred from Nottingham, said he had carried out the attack because he did not agree with UKIP’s policies.

He told the BBC: “Egg-throwing is a well established form of political protest in this country. I saw the guys outside the town hall about 10 minutes ago. I went to Tesco, bought some eggs.”

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

gschmidl posted:

Pieing fascists is a subpar alternative to killing them, but here's a lovely Austrian Nazi getting pied during a live interview. I guess it was so long ago only this lovely version still exists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdBAM7GQs-Q

Bill Gates got the poo poo pied out of him. Here's the video, complete with Dan Rather snarkily referring to the pie-tossers as "hitmen."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK6SS8CXYZo

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dick Trauma posted:

Bill Gates got the poo poo pied out of him. Here's the video, complete with Dan Rather snarkily referring to the pie-tossers as "hitmen."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK6SS8CXYZo

He should have using his vertical leap to jump over the pies.

Also, seeing fascists with sad frowns of utter political defeat is way better than seeing them punched. The punched fascist can become a martyr or still go on to do terrible things, the sad hopeless fascist is a defeated one. Obviously a dead fascist can't cause any harm, but a well developed society and government should be structured in a way that any attempts by fascists result in their sad sad faces.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I want to see more lovely people get hit with pies. It doesn't make them a martyr, it makes them a joke and it also gets pie on their faces.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ideally I'd like them to be punched, get pied, AND be utterly defeated politically and as a movement.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ekuNNN posted:

Haha yeah.

It says:
A trainticket to the bundestag (where parliament is) €2,70
A Cappucino in the visitors-cafe: €3,50
The face of Beatrix after the Marriage Equality vote: Priceless

Nice

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Digital posted:

Shoulda looked sooner

NOICE

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

Lime Tonics posted:

'Performance-enhancing' drug that cost Lance Armstrong his seven Tour de France titles doesn't work, finds study

'It’s just tragic ... to lose seven yellow jerseys for a drug that has no effect'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...y-a7816181.html

he was blood doping most of the time, not using EPO

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Is that real? So it was all placebo?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I guess the real magic was in him all along.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

*sneaks into his house and puts trophies back on the mantle*

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah wasn't he also getting transfusions in the team bus or something? Just because one drug didn't do anything doesn't mean the other 30 didn't.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

*sneaks into his house and takes trophies back*

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Besides, he knew it was against the rules and did it anyway. The actual effect of the drug doesn't matter.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

*sneaks into his house, drinks his blood*

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Yeah wasn't he also getting transfusions in the team bus or something? Just because one drug didn't do anything doesn't mean the other 30 didn't.

So were the top 50 other competitors. Armstrong should be punished for his fraudulent lawsuits and lying in court but his winnings are fair since everyone else was doping too.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
The Founder Of The Disastrous Fyre Festival Has Been Arrested And Charged With Fraud

:getin:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mu Zeta posted:

So were the top 50 other competitors. Armstrong should be punished for his fraudulent lawsuits and lying in court but his winnings are fair since everyone else was doping too.

Lance was only singled out because of French whining.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

wallaka posted:

Besides, he knew it was against the rules and did it anyway. The actual effect of the drug doesn't matter.
If anything, I feel like people should be punished harder for trying to cheat and failing miserably.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

http://i.imgur.com/BsrzTpe.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I’d be happy if he got away with it.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

walrusman posted:

*sneaks into his house and puts trophies back on the mantle*

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chelsea Manning tweeting pictures of the Undercover FBI agents following her around :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Joe West, everyone's favorite MLB umpire, got nailed in the head today at the Brewers game.