Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm watchinga Japanese show on Amazon called Documental where 10 Japanese comedians are locked into a room where they're competing for 10 million yen. If they laugh, they get kicked out. So the whole show has been someone doing something funny and then reaction shots that look just like the Tom meme.

Holy poo poo are those the Gaki no Tsukai guys? If they made an entire show out of the don't laugh challenge, television has been perfected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

NewFatMike posted:

Holy poo poo are those the Gaki no Tsukai guys? If they made an entire show out of the don't laugh challenge, television has been perfected.

Personally, I like the "if you answer wrong, a lever flips up and hits you in the nuts" games they do.

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

NewFatMike posted:

Only Matsumoto, the other four guys are not part of Documental. That said, you will see some familiar faces if you know the show.
The first season was kinda weak to me, specially because the format had some big flaws that some of the comedians abused: namely that the rules of the game kinda rewarded being passive and fading into the background. A comedian who was being daring and "aggressive" would at the same time often put himself in a situation where he'd laugh or smirk... and meanwhile you had a couple of the guys just wait without hardly participating at all until the show was almost over. The two biggest examples of this were in my opinion Fujimoto -who is extremely aggressive and constantly tried to create funny situations both for him and the rest of the cast, but really can't hold a straight face- and that bald guy who... well, did something with a fake knife once and got to the end. It would be a little like if they kicked Matsumoto out of the new year's batsu game ten minutes in: of course if you follow the rules to the letter it is a well deserved thing, but it makes for really poor content to keep only the boring comedians on the show. Thankfully they realized the problem was there and on the second season they added a new rule to try and avoid this and the game clearly improved a lot.

A Haunted Pug has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Mar 25, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Proteus Jones posted:

Personally, I like the "if you answer wrong, a lever flips up and hits you in the nuts" games they do.

C'mon, the absolute best part of that show is "TANAKAAAAAA..... THAI KICK!"

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

friendship ended with genius game, now documental is my best friend

How very dare you. Genius may be dead but we will honour its memory and stay faithful.

... :smith:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proteus Jones posted:

Has Johnny Knoxville ever been on Japanese TV?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Has Johnny Knoxville ever been on Japanese TV?

Hai! I'm Kenichi Rogeru

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm watchinga Japanese show on Amazon called Documental where 10 Japanese comedians are locked into a room where they're competing for 10 million yen. If they laugh, they get kicked out. So the whole show has been someone doing something funny and then reaction shots that look just like the Tom meme.

If you're watching Season 1, the bit at the end with the guy standing on the table..doing a thing...left me in stitches. The end of season 2 is amazing as well, for entirely different reasons. Trying not to spoil anything. It was nice to see Matsumoto enjoying himself, he's seemed a little bored/disinterested in the yearly No Laughing Batsu the last few years.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Memento posted:

C'mon, the absolute best part of that show is "TANAKAAAAAA..... THAI KICK!"

poo poo I forgot about that. Wasn't there a video from his kid that was all sentimental and sweet (it was during those "show no reaction" challenges) and then his kid ended it with "TANAKAAAA... THAI KICK!"

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

poo poo I forgot about that. Wasn't there a video from his kid that was all sentimental and sweet (it was during those "show no reaction" challenges) and then his kid ended it with "TANAKAAAA... THAI KICK!"

The Earth Defense Force Year-end Batsu game. That's probably my favorite...although the one where Endo gets called out on all of his creepy/horny bullshit in front of his parents and ex-wife, "The Trial of Endo Shozo", is a close second.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Martinpale posted:

If you're watching Season 1, the bit at the end with the guy standing on the table..doing a thing...left me in stitches. The end of season 2 is amazing as well, for entirely different reasons. Trying not to spoil anything. It was nice to see Matsumoto enjoying himself, he's seemed a little bored/disinterested in the yearly No Laughing Batsu the last few years.

I'm about to finish season 2. It's way better since it fixed the first season's flaw. Doesn't look like they're continuing since it came out a couple years ago.

I wonder how well the concept would carry on over in the States but we don't do slapstick vaudeville anymore. I could see the Jackass crew having done this maybe 15 years ago.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm about to finish season 2. It's way better since it fixed the first season's flaw. Doesn't look like they're continuing since it came out a couple years ago.

I wonder how well the concept would carry on over in the States but we don't do slapstick vaudeville anymore. I could see the Jackass crew having done this maybe 15 years ago.

There’s 6 seasons out already in Japan’s Amazon.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

j.peeba posted:

There’s 6 seasons out already in Japan’s Amazon.

Oh awesome. Guess it's the kinda thing they can do a couple times a year. I'll keep an eye out for when they get more on the US Amazon.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
I need a meme, but can't recall if its the one with the butterfly or what.

The captions were something like:

*Me*

*Someone expressing any interest in a relationship with me*

Me: "Are you depressed?/Do you need therapy/is this a cry for help?/Are you drunk?"

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh awesome. Guess it's the kinda thing they can do a couple times a year. I'll keep an eye out for when they get more on the US Amazon.

Matsumoto also has a show called Freeze on Amazon Japan..the trailer for it is on YouTube...where the comedians have to freeze at certain times and not react, no matter what is happening around them or TO them, or they're out.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1110250747050876930

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

Bread Liar
Lol it is

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Monday's, good Grief

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

god

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Yikes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

gently caress, I'd forgotten about this, now my butthole refuses to un-clench

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That just makes it worse!

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

What does 1G1J have to do with Pixar?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Boinks posted:

The original screenplay for Up was much, much different.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i dont know what this is, but somehow i know exactly what this is

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Boinks posted:

What happens in the Pixar logo?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Cup dude had the same problem

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
i think that video disturbed me more than any other shock video i have seen.

I was smart enough to have dodged most of the worst, but I have a vague memory of finding jar guy at some point here and just.... that's one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen or heard.

To the point that a few years later, i kind of wondered if it was a nightmare I made up

and then a year or two ago, i saw it mentioned again in a thread and it alllll cammmmme baccckkkk

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
I can still hear that jar breaking

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I saw this post while pooping and now I am inside out thanks OP

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Since we're on the topic of glass containers up men's assholes, does anyone remember Bottleguy? Was he the same guy as Goatse? Don't they both have a mole on the right side of their rear end in a top hat?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I never saw 1G1J and I'm glad to keep it that way. I think I was a little older when the shock image/video craze went around and people would send you links like "oh man you gotta see this it's loving disgusting", and I was like "yeah actually I don't, thanks though".

Anyway, memes.

Memento has a new favorite as of 04:33 on Mar 26, 2019

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

oh god

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Soiled Meat

Can I have some more kurdish memes please?