Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The answer to the "more Mirko?" question is always "yes".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers Showing Up: Basically those_chosen_by_the_planet.mp3

The time has come. :getin:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

This chapter: training montages and a suffering Pop Step

Poor Compass Kid is so dead.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Koichi has such good friends.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

This Rock person seems like he's going to be a swell guy! :D

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The time has come. :getin:

and if you'll just look over here, I'd like to begin my dissertation on why this actually sucks somehow

:catdrugs:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I just finished reading Vigilantes from the beginning, as I'd only jumped in around chapter 60. So friggin good; it will be a god drat travesty if it never gets animated.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Danann posted:

This Rock person seems like he's going to be a swell guy! :D

He makes friends so easily! Amazing!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m a big fan of Compass Kid

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I hope Compass Kid has the power to give directions.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Compass Kid is actually quirkless, he just memorizes maps of the cities he patrols. He has one of those thinkgeek ankle bracelets that vibrates to north.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I know this is halfway in the wrong thread, but I just caught up on the latest season of My Hero Academia anime series and was wondering how far ahead the story of the manga is compared to the anime? Any notable differences in the manga story that make it worth starting from the beginning, or was the anime adaptation pretty faithful?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Anime is basically a one for one recreation of the manga with minor changes here and there. The manga is a solid three story arcs ahead, with the current one beginning to wind down somewhat. The anime just ended on chapter 193, and the manga releases chapter 270 tomorrow

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, the anime is a faithful adaptation that doesn't really re-arrange/change anything. Minus some moments where stuff like specific Nakamura cuts are done, the manga will be pretty 1:1 for what you've seen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The anime will most likely get to what we're seeing now in the fifth season.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006545

And here we go.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Looks like we're doing Deku v Shigaraki soon

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
That two page spread is loving incredible.

The page that reveals who each of the hands were, holy poo poo.

The cut to Deku seemingly frozen, aware that he's coming. Good chapter.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 10, 2020

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Oh... it's Nana's hand... :smith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's cool how Shigaraki has a quirk ghost mindscape just like Deku.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

oh jay posted:

Oh... it's Nana's hand... :smith:

All Might: Apparently, only one of our predecessors managed to actually lay a hand on All for One. They say... All for One kept that hand.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that's loving dark as hell. Nana :smith:

also, RIP X-Less? dude is right next to what's going to be Ground Zero with the original AFO

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Roth posted:

Looks like we're doing Deku v Shigaraki soon

Deku is not ready for this.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Carlosologist posted:

that's loving dark as hell. Nana :smith:

also, RIP X-Less? dude is right next to what's going to be Ground Zero with the original AFO

Also remember that Shigaraki has All For One now. Shigaraki is possibly getting loving eye lasers

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wait, did we know All For One could create copies of quirks instead of stealing them? I thought he had to lose one to give it to someone else.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sindai posted:

Wait, did we know All For One could create copies of quirks instead of stealing them? I thought he had to lose one to give it to someone else.

I think the doctor copies them, right?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, the doctor has some trick that lets him create copies of quirks. How he's done it exactly isn't clear, but he has both that and the ability to implant quirks without AFO (albeit not quite as swiftly or easily apparently).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Doctor was the one who could create copies.

Also Shigaraki was revived by being electocuted.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, the doctor has some trick that lets him create copies of quirks. How he's done it exactly isn't clear, but he has both that and the ability to implant quirks without AFO (albeit not quite as swiftly or easily apparently).

I think the doctor's copying & implanting is done purely through mad science, which is why it takes longer and requires so many Tubes. He's presumably been doing nothing but researching & experimenting on the genetic factor of quirks so...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kaminari!:argh:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Viz link: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-270/chapter/20476

Trivia thread: https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1259525188485410816

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Any chance that's just AfO activating? Lightning effects have been used for both AfO and OfA Full Cowl.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Before reading this chapter, I was very skeptical of Deku's seven quirks but now that we know Shigaraki has AFO, it makes sense. The final battle will be a huge clash of multiquirks.

Also, speculating on the far future of the plot: Given Hori's focus on hands throughout this entire manga, I feel like the final battle between Deku and Shigaraki is going to involve Deku reaching out to take Shigaraki's hand and Shigaraki somehow not disintegrating him. Or at least Deku attempts to :v:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

Any chance that's just AfO activating? Lightning effects have been used for both AfO and OfA Full Cowl.

Page 17 ends with a panel of the power tube crackling and zapping the puddle. The next turn has Shiagaraki's body contorting very similarly to if he just received a massive shock.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Before reading this chapter, I was very skeptical of Deku's seven quirks but now that we know Shigaraki has AFO, it makes sense. The final battle will be a huge clash of multiquirks.

Also, speculating on the far future of the plot: Given Hori's focus on hands throughout this entire manga, I feel like the final battle between Deku and Shigaraki is going to involve Deku reaching out to take Shigaraki's hand and Shigaraki somehow not disintegrating him. Or at least Deku attempts to :v:

They'll both lose their hands.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

They'll both lose their hands.

Hmmm...

:thunk:

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I hope they use you cannot run for this when it's animated

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I knew Shigaraki was going to get up and start a disaster, but the chapter is still a big "Oh poo poo" moment thanks to the dreamworld and the art. drat, that was some crazy art.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shigaraki: I am inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"all for one... was the coolest guy"