Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Vintersorg posted:

:lol: All bad moms except maybe Jyn? We barely know the mom though.

Was Shmi a bad mom? She just wanted what was best for her son, which was being out of slavery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Andor's (adopted) mom was also a good mom

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dexo posted:

Andor's (adopted) mom was also a good mom

*great

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Maarva is the best Star Wars mom. Fought the fash with her dying breath.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
She stole a child

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

She stole a child

The Jedi are the good guys therefore...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

GimpInBlack posted:

No Padmé? I guess Disney thinks you don't count as a mom if you die in childbirth.

I can't watch the video right now, but did they really make a video about "Star Wars Moms" and not include the most famous Star Wars Mom of all time?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Mother Townsend?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Beru?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

She was pretty hot.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Yaddle?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Yaddle absolutely crushed it as a mother

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

thrawn527 posted:

I can't watch the video right now, but did they really make a video about "Star Wars Moms" and not include the most famous Star Wars Mom of all time?

Mallatobuck?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Darth Momus the Nice

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Does Jango Fett count as a mom?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

nala se is mommy

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
True, but you didn't have to word it that way.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GimpInBlack posted:

No Padmé? I guess Disney thinks you don't count as a mom if you die in childbirth.

Not exactly a lot of scenes interacting with her children.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Has anyone checked out any of the fanedits that try to turn the Kenobi miniseries into a coherent feature film? I've been thinking about revisiting it, but there was...shall we say a lot of fat that could be trimmed.

I found something called "the Patterson edit" - is that considered the best one or is there another I should look for?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

OldSenileGuy posted:

Has anyone checked out any of the fanedits that try to turn the Kenobi miniseries into a coherent feature film? I've been thinking about revisiting it, but there was...shall we say a lot of fat that could be trimmed.

I found something called "the Patterson edit" - is that considered the best one or is there another I should look for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnmeTyU1rA0

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

OldSenileGuy posted:

I’ve seen a couple of these and none of them are particularly good. Even if this show started out as a movie, it has definitely been formatted and plotted out as a TV show and without having access to the raw files from production you can’t really remake it into a movie.

Yes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I decided to rewatch the 1st episode of Andor and at the end of the 3rd episode I had to stop myself so I can take it an arc a night. Holy gently caress I remembered how good it was but I forgot how loving good it was! That final sequence of the departure from Ferrix, all the inhabitants we've already grown to know and care about reacting to the events, Karn standing in the wreckage of his career, and the parallel editing of the flashback of Marva taking Andor from Kenari while Luthen takes Andor from Ferrix... goddamn, what a fantastic show, and a bunch of the most prominent characters aren't even in it yet!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
and the past/present suite.
Andor was good and now the eyes are on s2 (worrysome)

also, lol including Momma Karn in the SW moms promo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What about that alien Luke drank from in TLJ? If it was lactating it was likely a mom.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Lobok posted:

What about that alien Luke drank from in TLJ? If it was lactating it was likely a mom.

He wasn't lactating.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I still can't believe that two kids in a trenchcoat were able to DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM their way past security at Space Area 51 for Space Wizards.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That does remain the craziest thing I've seen during a Star War.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Adam Savage's latest video has a little bit right in the first few seconds on one of the droids in the Acolyte. It's an interesting take on a droid, pretty sure we've never seen one like it before.

e: no, it's not the one in the thumbnail, that's the one Adam built for the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwQ-ssVd0ic

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

1st AD posted:

I’ve seen a couple of these and none of them are particularly good. Even if this show started out as a movie, it has definitely been formatted and plotted out as a TV show and without having access to the raw files from production you can’t really remake it into a movie.

Nevertheless I forged on anyway and watched the Patterson Edit and it was...not bad? Firstly, I'm shocked at how easy it was to find. Google "Kenobi Patterson Edit" and it takes you to the guy's page where you can download it in every format from 4K HDR down to 720p. No idea how Disney's lawyers haven't had this immediately taken down.

As for the "movie" itself, like I said, it wasn't bad. The whole show/story isn't great to begin with, so if you didn't like the show you probably won't like the movie. But for me, who thought the show was just aggressively mid, it was a good compromise. If someone was interested in watching the show for the first time, I probably wouldn't recommend the movie (there's still some jarring edits and sometimes you get whiplash from characters being in one location in one scene and then somewhere completely different in the next scene). But for someone who already watched the show, it was a good way to revisit the story in about 2.25 hours instead of 4.5 hours.

Call me Captain Party Pooper but I never found these that funny for more than a minute or two. :cloud:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Call me Captain Party Pooper but I never found these that funny for more than a minute or two. :cloud:

Same. I liked their Bane stuff but the SW ones are rubbish.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

They're not laugh a minute, but I find it really entertaining how they craft an entire running narrative out of Jedi just being absolute party wastrels. And when they do land a punchline like "one drugs please" they nail it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
How can you not love Creepio?!?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Baby time!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Your midichlorian count is dangerously low

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

OldSenileGuy posted:

Get this man a Zima

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
As soon as I realized they had turned Obi-Wan into Trainspotting, I was on board. If you've never seen Trainspotting it's gonna seem pretty random, yah

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IYpy4IlQ

Hell yeah Light Whip

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So only bald black men get purple lightsabers, then?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Looks less cheap than the last trailer, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So only bald black men get purple lightsabers, then?

Vernestra Rwoh is neither black nor a man?