Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ok but only after their PLE Slam On Snake Island off the eastern coast of Brazil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Majinfoose posted:

A student at my work was telling me that he had a friend named Utah. What fun places would make fun wrestler names?

Titicaca

Bangkok obviously

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/thetiffyszn/status/1788637503727288548?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Joey McChrist posted:

no no, it should be a thrashing in tuvalu

A Mauling in Mumbai

The Great Bengalaru Bash.

Clash of Champions ... (in Kolkatta)

The possibilities are endless.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Testekill posted:

I wonder when the international ppv bubble will burst for the WWE, these countries are getting their first PPVs either ever or in a very long time so they're obvious going to have a lot of people there but the WWE is charging a lot of money for the tickets for these shows. Whose to say the next time they come around the crowds will be willing to pay as much for WWE tickets when it's no longer a novelty?
Well WWE made great strides in killing almost every promotion in europe, so they're starved for wrestling. They tried to do the same thing in Japan and it just caused a bunch of promotions to merge together out of spite

That really all sounds par for the course. I know her though a friend of a friend and I know she has incredibly horrible opinions but I don't think she's a liar either still a bigot and dumb conspiracy theorist, but pretty honest outside of being a moron.

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 10, 2024

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

mooseinfants posted:

Bangkok obviously

Satoshi "Bangkok" Kojima

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

haunted bong posted:

Satoshi "Bangkok" Kojima

Can't be ripping off Christian's gimmicks, brother
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYgVc-8kda4

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dave gave Rhodes vs AJ five stars. The 10th main roster WWE match in history.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shove the tweet thread to hell

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

A student at my work was telling me that he had a friend named Utah. What fun places would make fun wrestler names?

Titicaca

Lafitte

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Kennel posted:

match with absolutely no heat (they had to pretend Cody was a "leader of bullet club" to have SOMETHING) i havent heard or seen anything about it online, five stars

absolutely incredible that people think Dave is anti wwe biased

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

Even in the section of the podcast where he straight up said the numbers for the PPV sucked and were sub-TNA-tier, it was after 20 minutes of talking about how good the TKO earnings call for the quarter was and how the company will never be eclipsed from its #1 wrestling-leader status

He, PWInsider and Fightful have bent over backwards to prop them up frequently post-Vince/"post-Vince", and they've also simultaneously been poo poo on by the company (and by its psycho fans!) more publicly more frequently during it/despite it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

dave just reports the facts, man. all the facts. compulsively

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

shiksa posted:

match with absolutely no heat (they had to pretend Cody was a "leader of bullet club" to have SOMETHING) i havent heard or seen anything about it online, five stars

You're reading the wrong parts of the internet then, because this match has currently got 122 10/10 votes on Cagematch, which is about 1 in 6 voters of the total 605 who rated it. Also I don't think you can say there was no heat based on what I've read about it, because the crowd was anything but heatless.

Well, I say the wrong parts of the internet. WWE fans love their slop :shrug:

But yes, Dave as anti-WWE is a hilarious accusation.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 10, 2024

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That match seemed really good from what I saw, Cody is very good.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Starting to think the people who get really mad about Kurt Angle not having a five star match have a point...

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It is one of the lowest rated 5-star matches on Cagematch (229 out of 255), so one can fairly say that Dave might have overrated it. A few AEW matches like Ospreay vs Fletcher on Dynamite a couple months ago are around same level.

From what I heard it was a NJPW style match with the loudest WWE crowd ever, so I can see why he liked it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Just because it's my comparison point for amazing international crowd, how did the Lyon crowd compare to Backlash Puerto Rico?

Talk about your rock/hogan, talk about your austin comeback, the bad bunny match and especially entrance is still the craziest thing ive seen crowdwise

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Starting to think the people who get really mad about Kurt Angle not having a five star match have a point...

Kurt Angle has like 30 five star matches, in my heart.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
That Ronda thread all seems about right, she was never gonna get Brock/Roman perks and travel so it's kinda dumb to be mad about that but lol at

"Ronda was told time makes money and not matches in which she responded “what type of money does an 8 minute entrance make” referring to Roman’s entrance"

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

At least he was inducted into the HOF super early I think? That seems like a decent mark of respect.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The only really silly part in the Ronda thread is the idea that Rhea was punished after Wrestlemania 39. She had a pretty successful year after that for someone who was in the dog house!

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
the silliest part is her thing about how only women catch poo poo from fans for botches when she wrestled on the same roster as top dolla for an extended period of time

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Kennel posted:

Roman is gonna pay dave a visit for this continued disrespect.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sugar Blaster posted:

the silliest part is her thing about how only women catch poo poo from fans for botches when she wrestled on the same roster as top dolla for an extended period of time

Top Dolla has been constantly trashed in TWO separate companies for that botch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

any deets for those of us without an account on X the everything app

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Three. TNA, GCW and MLW

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

Three. TNA, GCW and MLW

Four if you count WWE.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

5 Star Cody does it again. Great match.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

lol

Chris James 2 posted:

Three. TNA, GCW and MLW

lmao

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

RealityWarCriminal posted:

any deets for those of us without an account on X the everything app

quote:

Just finished Ronda Rousey’s book and it was good ngl.

Here’s a thread of stuff she wrote about (note this is only about her WWE run and not anything personal)
Her first run, she had nothing bad to say about it. Said that she was kept in the loop of things. Her goal to return to WWE was set but wanted to have a baby before returning.
Was in her contract that she would get 1 week off a month since she had a toddler and won’t do outside work. Got a call from Laurenitis that she needed to be on Good Morning America because she worked for them and she needed too.
Was told Lacey Evans will be winning the title and was told she can tell Lacey herself but eventually plans changed to it being Liv, leaving Ronda guilty for telling Lacey and getting her hopes up.
Bruce Prichard told Aliyah that no one wants to work with her which made her cry, when confronted by Liv, Bayley & herself, he tried acting as if he didn’t tell her and tried to blame someone else
Wanted a match with Becky Lynch at WM39 and was constantly told by Paul Heyman and other producers that they’ll let her know what the plan is the following week (which was the excuse they gave her for months on end)
Told Paul Heyman the night before that she’s going to drop the title to Charlotte Flair.
Confronted Triple H saying that she doesn’t like to be left out the loop and that she didn’t like how they kept ignoring her requests to be told information about her path
Was told Vince McMahon didn’t think the fans would understand the pairing of her and Shayna Baszler because fans wouldn’t think they are friends outside of WWE
Paul told her that Zayn’s turn on the Bloodline was planned a year in advance (they told Ronda they don’t plan that far in advance)
Wanted to get the same travel treatment as Logan, Roman & Brock.
Said Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley went over by 20 minutes in their match at WrestleMania 39 which many producers found disrespectful to the Main Event (Usos vs Zayn & Owens)
Rhea Ripley was punished by not having her wrestle and instead being a valet the the men in the Judgement Day.
For her match with Shayna at SummerSlam, they were told it would be a fight pit match. Shayna and Ronda wanted to use the NXT Pit Cage and wanted to do a spot where Shayna would have Ronda in her submission while Ronda is hanging from the side. Ultimately it was shut down and…
Show more
Ronda was told time makes money and not matches in which she responded “what type of money does an 8 minute entrance make” referring to Roman’s entrance
Was annoyed Seth & The Bloodline had 2 segments and was told her segment with Shayna would have to be cut down. She responded with “why are two people who aren’t even here getting more time”
Said that whenever a male wrestler botches the fans push it aside but when a female wrestler messes up the fans will berate them (referring to her match with Shotzi at SS)
Said that there was tension backstage between Triple H & Vince McMahon both who were wanting control. Everytime Triple H made a change, someone in production would send it to Vince who would then change it back
Said when Triple H left to get surgery, Vince took over NXT, put John L in charge and was eventually fired a lot of NXT talent for people younger than 25.
After the whole hush money scandal, Vince blamed John for it.
During her RR22 she was supposed to be #30 but was told she is gonna be #28, when asked what to do in between her spots producers told her “just do stuff”
She said after Covid the women in the locker room became closer than before and that there was alwayd fear of people letting let go.
Paul Heyman and producers blamed Liv Morgan for the fans not being into her title reign.
Was told backstage at WM39 by a Hall of Famer that all of this fake and that don’t let it get your head. Wrestling is fake. The characters are fake. After telling her she was disappointed how her match went
Wanted to have a Piper vs Goldust type match (Backlot Brawl into the ring) with Becky at Wrestlemania but was told the fans wouldn’t like it.
Despite social media, she never said anything bad about Becky and the reason why she returned was so she can have a solo match with Becky & Shayna. From RR22 up until RR23 she was told that they’ll plan for Ronda vs Becky.
Wasn’t allowed to perform that many moves at WM39 because she had hurt her arm.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Eat My Fuc posted:

5 Star Cody does it again. Great match.

As many 5 star matches as Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels combined. :cool:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How fitting that 5 star Cody dethrones 4 star Roman

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Kennel posted:

Is it good? I legit fell asleep 5 minutes into the match but to be fair to Cody, I was a sleepy lil' boy already when I tried watching the replay and started playing Balatro

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

oldpainless posted:

How fitting that 5 star Cody dethrones 4 star Roman

6 Star Moxley when that sierra echo delta hits at Wrestlemania 41…

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

super macho dude posted:

Is it good? I legit fell asleep 5 minutes into the match but to be fair to Cody, I was a sleepy lil' boy already when I tried watching the replay and started playing Balatro

Yeah it was good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

6 Star Moxley when that sierra echo delta hits at Wrestlemania 41…

lol you just reminded me that people thought he had returned at 40.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hoss Corncave posted:

Clash at the Castle was trending yesterday but most of the posts I saw were people voicing their frustrations at ticket prices with cheapest ones being over £400 (about $480-500).

It's made the BBC now https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cg39e53jvdpo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tickets cost 400 Eurodollars and a big black cock? :monocle: