Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Looks like the Distortion World didn't treat Cyrus very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Hm. I don't even know what to think. Too much, too fast. I'm going to go lie down for a while.

Scratch that, I'm going to go find the wormhole to the universe where the Primal Legends never existed.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
My boy Guzma is on our side for this battle, and that makes me glad.

Also Faba being Aether's representative is pretty interesting.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TFRazorsaw posted:

Cyrus looks very tired.

wait, did Wicke bring SNACKS?

the official art for this game is so strong

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Axle_Stukov posted:

My boy Guzma is on our side for this battle, and that makes me glad.

Also Faba being Aether's representative is pretty interesting.

I mean, it makes sense. Giovanni's using Mewtwo so this almost has to be post-game and Lusamine is probably still going to become basically a vegetable and leave for Kanto with Lillie.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

sexpig by night posted:

the official art for this game is so strong

I'm the dingus in the back fingergunning.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Manatee Cannon posted:

what if s&m is the oras universe and us&um is the rse one

:monocle:

That has to be it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PetraCore posted:

friend, we ALL are the finger guns dingus

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sexpig by night posted:

friend, we ALL are the finger guns dingus

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Cool content. Shame I'll never get to see it, as I will be giving my 3DS a viking funeral upon my last pokemon fainting, as is required of Nuzlocke.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

That seems strangely specific...

https://books.google.com/books?id=TL-AuwKCcJgC&lpg=PA115&ots=pw7tvv-z9L&dq=alnitak%201463&pg=PA115#v=onepage&q=alnitak%201463&f=false

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alnitak

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love how loving dopey that entei looks

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Can I face Brock now?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If Battle Agency is just Battle Factory But 2017 I am going to be so happy, you don't even know

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/926104362291568644

It's literally that, yes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
3v3 pls go

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PetraCore posted:

I'm the guy in the middle who makes sure to only buy backpacks with rigid straps

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PetraCore posted:

Same. Just a big doofus fightin pokemons

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Same. Just a big doofus fightin pokemons

if I was hypothetically gonna make an avatar of the fingergunning dingus, could I use this as the usertext?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Done. Day one purchase. I don't even give a poo poo that I haven't finished Odyssey yet. Battle loving Factory!

(still want the real entire battle frontier, gimme a Tower and that Pyramid bullshit and everything)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Japanese trailer shows a few things the other trailer doesn't, including in-game scenes and Giovanni using Mega Mewtwo Y, as well as Ghetsis kidnapping Lillie, likely kickstarting the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qlXHmP99BY

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Nevermind.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't lie, Pokemon going to the Legion of Doom as the plot is not something I expected

but holy gently caress Legion of Doom

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It is really weird we're getting original flavor Maxie and Archie since their ORAS designs were already modeled and they were the last games before SuMo.

Also can anyone translate the Japanese in the extended trailer? Do any of the old bosses touch on why they're all teaming up considering we left about half of them for dead and the rest reformed last time we saw them?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Rainbow Rocket also appears to take over the Festival Plaza castle in that trailer, for god knows what reason.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Crawfish posted:

Rainbow Rocket also appears to take over the Festival Plaza castle in that trailer, for god knows what reason.

It's not like anybody was using it. Better RR have it than bulldoze it into the ground which is what it deserves.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I hope their motivation is some kind of ridiculous amalgamation of all the previous boss' motivations.

Like, I hope there overall goal is to use Pokemon Preservation as a front to launder money at the game corner to fund their efforts to have their chosen one King N go to the Distortion World via a wormhole into Ultra Space to harness the power to create a giant death laser that will be used expand both the land and the sea at the same time

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I hope their motivation is some kind of ridiculous amalgamation of all the previous boss' motivations.

Like, I hope there overall goal is to use Pokemon Preservation as a front to launder money at the game corner to fund their efforts to have their chosen one King N go to the Distortion World via a wormhole into Ultra Space to harness the power to create a giant death laser that will be used expand both the land and the sea at the same time

:same:

Well I'm looking forward to this 2 hour post game excursion because the idea of a Pokémon Legion of Doom speaks to me.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I am a little bummed about the exclusive lists because the Ultra Sun legendaries are clearly better. However, I already have Sun and was planning to get Ultra Moon for (mostly) Celesteela and Pheramosa.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

mycelia posted:

if I was hypothetically gonna make an avatar of the fingergunning dingus, could I use this as the usertext?

I'm mad you beat me to getting it. That girl is so cool/dorky and I love that art.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/917555974717575170

well now this image's meaning is incredibly obvious

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mycelia posted:

you didnt even put on a 1 pxl black border....

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ogmius815 posted:

I am a little bummed about the exclusive lists because the Ultra Sun legendaries are clearly better. However, I already have Sun and was planning to get Ultra Moon for (mostly) Celesteela and Pheramosa.

The Ultra Sun Ultra Recon Squad members also look more fun then the Ultra Moon ones.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/917555974717575170

well now this image's meaning is incredibly obvious

What pokemon is on the left wall? It doesn't look like Sharpedo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Mewtwo

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Zore posted:

Looks like Golisopod.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

It looks nothing like Mewtwo's team sprite though?

Hardcordion posted:

Looks like Golisopod.

Yeah, Golispod makes sense looking closer. Its just at a weird angle.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MORE BREAKING NEWS

At the beginning of the game you will be able to choose from three different pokemon to start your journey: an owl, a kitten, and a turd.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Ultra Sun Ultra Recon Squad members also look more fun then the Ultra Moon ones.

Ultra Moon has Waluigi, so you're wrong.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Ultra Moon is better because Solgaleo is a doofus and you have to ride it or Lunala in the new ride sections.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey hold up there's different members of the Recon squad depending on your version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hey hold up there's different members of the Recon squad depending on your version?

Bulbapedia posted:

A different pair of members of this group will play a central role depending on the game: Dulse and Zossie in Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Soliera and Phyco in Pokémon Ultra Moon.