Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
England will win on a green top

it won’t be a green top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also whilst I like the fact that you don't get your reviews back after 80 overs, I reckon that no loss of review after umpires call will result in a fucktonne more reviews.

I suspect things will change, they'll lose all their reviews really quickly on dodgy things, then we'll go back to the way we are

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
English side has been picked. The batting order hasnt been picked yet but i feel the side will be roughly this batting order

England
1. Alistair Cook
2. Mark Stoneman
3. James Vince
4. Joe Root
5. David Malan
6. Jonny Bairstow
7. Moeen Ali
8. Chris Woakes
9. Stuart Broad
10. Jake Ball
11. James Anderson

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

English side has been picked. The batting order hasnt been picked yet but i feel the side will be roughly this batting order

England
1. Alistair Cook
2. Mark Stoneman
3. James Vince
4. Joe Root
5. David Malan
6. Jonny Bairstow
7. Moeen Ali
8. Chris Woakes
9. Stuart Broad
10. Jake Ball
11. James Anderson

Where have you read that the batting order is still up in the air?

I ask as I'm confused. A few days ago I read that bairstow and Ali were moving up one but with the batters we have selected that order makes sense. Would we really end up with Vince/malan at 7?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

England
1. Alistair Cook
2. Mark Stoneman
3. James Vince
4. Joe Root
5. David Malan
6. Jonny Bairstow
7. Moeen Ali
8. Chris Woakes
9. Stuart Broad
10. Jake Ball
11. James Anderson

it’s coming home lads

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

notaspy posted:

Where have you read that the batting order is still up in the air?

I ask as I'm confused. A few days ago I read that bairstow and Ali were moving up one but with the batters we have selected that order makes sense. Would we really end up with Vince/malan at 7?

England only picked a squad of 11 and didnt name a batting line up as far as i can see. The rumour i read was moving Ali to 6 and Bairstow to 7 but i think that would be foolish. What i read was england were worried about the tail and wanted bairstow to bat with them over ali.

However ali looked vulnerable to the short ball in the world cup (that was a long time ago mind but Johnson bounced him out at lords) and has always batted better at 7. I think its a bit negative to move the better batsman to 7 to support a long tail.

It would make no sense to bat them above vince/malan though

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/42077638

quote:

England will name their batting order on the morning of the game, with Moeen Ali thought to be line in to move above wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow to number six.

On Tuesday, all-rounder Moeen said he expected to bat at seven, but Root told reporters on Wednesday to "wait and see".

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 22, 2017

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

quote:

Marsh was seen speaking to Australian team physiotherapist David Beakley after batting in the nets in the final pre-Test hitout, and it later emerged he had reported an issue with his back.
lol eat poo poo england

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The England team is not filling me with confidence. Vince, Malan and Ball really have no business being in a test team at this point.

Also can I claim a point on the spreadsheet for picking Overton as the first to be dropped?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

gay picnic defence posted:

lol eat poo poo england

Warner is carrying an injury too. Maxwell is up there for cover for both of them

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I said Ballance would be first dropped because I have no idea who half of those people are and just assumed he was in the team. I'm claiming it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So first injury doesn't count til after the first ball of the series is bowled right, ie Smarsh and Warner don't count yet?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah first injured after the first ball, if you overly competitive cunts want a do over, just submit another one with the same username and ill delete the original

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

EMC posted:

Yeah first injured after the first ball, if you overly competitive cunts want a do over, just submit another one with the same username and ill delete the original

are you hoarding the answers?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah but I am not entering myself, they are just saved on Google forms, then tomorrow I will summarize everyone's answers before the first ball

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

EMC posted:

Yeah but I am not entering myself, they are just saved on Google forms, then tomorrow I will summarize everyone's answers before the first ball

very sporting of you. you should definitely enter yourself though

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I thought ballance would be first to get dropped but somehow the EWCB boys club failed me

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

EMC posted:

I stand by everything I’ve written. Warner to be top run scorer guaranteed

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Has anyone got any ideas about how I can watch this from Europe? Willing to pay for it, but haven't had any luck yet

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bharatrocity posted:

Has anyone got any ideas about how I can watch this from Europe? Willing to pay for it, but haven't had any luck yet

I'm sure I remember hearing something last time around about them streaming it live on youtube outside of the UK and Aus.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's going to be a greener top than normal because its been a very cool November. Last couple of series openers up here have been in 30+ degree weather, hasnt been above 30 for nearly a month.

Bowlers probably won't have the struggles theyve had in years past either battling cramps etc. It's only going to be about 26 with a light breeze today.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Someone post that photo of Cook after every match in 2013 tia

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I can't even muster up an ironic shitpost about this, it's the worst England side since the days of Sajid Mahmood

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
haha gently caress i hate that photo of warner

also is cook still playing? why isn't he running for some tory seat and living off the bones of poor children yet

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Lionel Richie posted:

I can't even muster up an ironic shitpost about this, it's the worst England side since the days of Sajid Mahmood

we're not exactly setting imaginations on fire here either

I mean, the bowlers are good, if they don't snap in half, but the batting's still crap

Two Bad Teams!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
shaun

marsh

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
After this series, Shaun Marsh will finally enter the history books as one of the great Australian players

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Anyone got that YouTube link?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Ugh we lost the toss.

gently caress marsh is fit too. So much bad news so far

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

54-3 at lunch

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

notaspy posted:

Anyone got that YouTube link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1NUBbgqObE I assume this is what you're after?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ugh we lost the toss.

gently caress marsh is fit too. So much bad news so far

England picked to bat lol. This pitch is going to lose a lot of its movement by day 2 and 3.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

BlindSite posted:

England picked to bat lol. This pitch is going to lose a lot of its movement by day 2 and 3.

Which will be perfect for Malan to cash in

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Lionel Richie posted:

54-3 at lunch

:yeah:

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Another summer of KFC ads has begun

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Going to turn the telly off when England lose their first wicket, so I'll be getting an early night in

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Lionel Richie posted:

54-3 at lunch

They'll have had a bad start to the Australian innings then.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

gently caress off KP.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Have 9 got KP commentating lol

e: wait I hope BT haven't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

This pitch doesn't exactly look imposing so far. I reckon this was a good toss for England to win.